Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How cool is it?
I was watching a video of Patriots fans all giving their reasoning to why they would rather face the Bills than the Bengals in the playoffs. What an amazing time lol. I don't ever remember being feared in the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 09:37 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I was watching a video of Patriots fans all giving their reasoning to why they would rather face the Bills than the Bengals in the playoffs. What an amazing time lol. I don't ever remember being feared in the playoffs.

This is going to burn Fred's grits but that's what happens when you have Burrow as your QB and not Dalton. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 09:43 PM)TheFan Wrote: This is going to burn Fred's grits but that's what happens when you have Burrow as your QB and not Dalton. 

Dalton was a good QB, but Burrow is just one of the best in the league already. There are just a handful of elite QBs in the league, and Burrow seems to be one of them so far in his short career.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 05:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Defense becomes far more important in the postseason.

For sure.

(01-08-2022, 07:29 PM)pally Wrote: I visited every AFC playoff team's message boards over the last couple of days.  Not one, with the notable exception of the Chiefs fans, want to face the Bengals.  No one wants to face the QB-WR juggernaut.

However, the trend as I looked at those boards and others in the AFC it was virtually universal that those fans were happy for us and rooting for the Bengals to do well, until it came to their team.  The exception again was the Chiefs fans who are still recovering from last weekend

The surprise was to see how our AFCN rivals are viewing us.  First, they are bemoaning the future and acknowledging that their teams need to do some retooling to go against us for the next decade.  They are suffering from some serious quarterback envy. 

Maybe it comes from being able to beat up on the Bengals for so long, but they also were glad it was the Bengals vs any of the other AFCN teams.  They were all if it wasn't us, at least it wasn't one of the other 2.  So apparently we are the least hated among the other fandoms

Nice research Pally, makes he exhausted just thinking about it lol

Understandable that we are the least hated team in the AFC North after being destroyed for so long.

Also understandable that no one wants to play us while Burrow is under Center with Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Mixon at his
disposal. Our Defense is the key, if they can play well in the Playoffs we will be a tough out and honestly I think we can make
a run at the entire thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure.

Nice research Pally, makes he exhausted just thinking about it lol

Understandable that we are the least hated team in the AFC North after being destroyed for so long.

Also understandable that no one wants to play us while Burrow is under Center with Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Mixon at his
disposal. Our Defense is the key, if they can play well in the Playoffs we will be a tough out and honestly I think we can make
a run at the entire thing.

I think I'd embrace us becoming the most hated team in the NFL. I want opposing fans annoyed every time they see:

[Image: newspress-collage-20694517-1641233123106.png?w=1024]

I want Zac/Burrow/Chase & squad to become so consistently dominant teams fear the Bengals. I want Burrow making documentaries about his awesome career on Netflix and Hulu to the dismay of Bengals haters.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think I'd embrace us becoming the most hated team in the NFL. I want opposing fans annoyed every time they see:

[Image: newspress-collage-20694517-1641233123106.png?w=1024]

I want Zac/Burrow/Chase & squad to become so consistently dominant teams fear the Bengals. I want Burrow making documentaries about his awesome career on Netflix and Hulu to the dismay of Bengals haters.

Yes, lets be hated lol
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 07:29 PM)pally Wrote:
So apparently we are the least hated among the other fandoms

This will not last long. Success brings the haters. I'm cool with the 'lovable losers' thing going on right now, but I'll be even cooler with seeing them be hated, feared, and envied. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 05:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I wouldn’t want to face a defense which held Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City offense to only three points in the second half.

How about a team holding the Chiefs to only three points all game...

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:52 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: This will not last long. Success brings the haters. I'm cool with the 'lovable losers' thing going on right now, but I'll be even cooler with seeing them be hated, feared, and envied. 

That's right, let's embrace becoming the NFL villians so we see stupid Bart Scott takes on ESPN and Zac getting a nickname like the Hoodie.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 05:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I just wish they weren't the only team needing to rest their QB in week 18. I've seen that too many times in the last 16 years and it hasn't turned out well. 

Cheers to breaking that trend? Cheers

I think the benefit of "REST" outweighs the risk of "RUST," any day.
These guys are professionals.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:20 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I think the benefit of "REST" outweighs the risk of "RUST," any day.

2005 and 2009 they were professionals too. Just sayin.

Doesn't really matter though. This is a completely different team coached by a different guy. I think they're good to go. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:20 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I think the benefit of "REST" outweighs the risk of "RUST," any day.

I think another way to look at the "rest" versus "rust" thing is to look at the bye week.

Lost to the Browns, had a bye week and after the bye week, torched the Raiders.

Burrow once again gets a "bye week" and then faces the Raiders. Seems to me he should be right on schedule.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:41 AM)PhilHos Wrote: As we discuss potential playoff opponents and who we want or don't want to face, how cool is it that Cincinnati is probably one of those teams that other teams' fans don't want to play because of our explosive offense?

You just know all the other playoff and potential playoff opponents are talking about how they'd rather face pretty much everybody but KC instead of the Bengals.

That deserves a huge heaping WHO DEY!

Always wanted this day, but did think it would happen so fast. 10-7 with 4 loses by 3 points and 1 loss with back ups playing. We played the Packers hard. And beat Andy Reid and Mahomes. Plus destroyed Pittsburgh and the Ravens.

(01-08-2022, 06:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Their is people jumping on the Bengals bandwagon like crazy right now.. 

They should stay on that wagon. I want to see more games on national TV.

(01-08-2022, 09:43 PM)TheFan Wrote: This is going to burn Fred's grits but that's what happens when you have Burrow as your QB and not Dalton. 

I was 1 of those guys that thought we could win with Dalton. But Burrow is a once in a generation gem. I mean the guy seems to win games with his audibles in only his 2nd year. 

If people want to play the rust/rest card. There is always the OT/big emotional game slump. WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think another way to look at the "rest" versus "rust" thing is to look at the bye week.

Lost to the Browns, had a bye week and after the bye week, torched the Raiders.

Burrow once again gets a "bye week" and then faces the Raiders. Seems to me he should be right on schedule.

& we'll never know to what extent the Bengals players are banged up. Burrow is just one example: sacked too much, pinky injury, grabbed his knee at the end of the Chiefs game, and I'm sure some other bruises. NFL players take a beating on the body so I'm trusting Zac's decision making for why he made the choice.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 04:03 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: If people want to play the rust/rest card. There is always the OT/big emotional game slump. WHO DEY

Yep, and now the Raiders have to play the Bengals on a "short" week, after a long, exhausting, emotional overtime game.
Reply/Quote