Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How cool is it?
As we discuss potential playoff opponents and who we want or don't want to face, how cool is it that Cincinnati is probably one of those teams that other teams' fans don't want to play because of our explosive offense?

You just know all the other playoff and potential playoff opponents are talking about how they'd rather face pretty much everybody but KC instead of the Bengals.

That deserves a huge heaping WHO DEY!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:41 AM)PhilHos Wrote: As we discuss potential playoff opponents and who we want or don't want to face, how cool is it that Cincinnati is probably one of those teams that other teams' fans don't want to play because of our explosive offense?

You just know all the other playoff and potential playoff opponents are talking about how they'd rather face pretty much everybody but KC instead of the Bengals.

Shhh, somewhere a fan of a team with a pass rushing DL is secretly hoping to go against our OL.  Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:41 AM)PhilHos Wrote: As we discuss potential playoff opponents and who we want or don't want to face, how cool is it that Cincinnati is probably one of those teams that other teams' fans don't want to play because of our explosive offense?

Damnit, Phil. Don't be going and saying those kind of things. Going to give me nightmare flashbacks...

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2906522/joey-votto-on-the-reds-i-think-were-a-*****-nightmare-and-i-think-everybody-knows-that

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Damnit, Phil. Don't be going and saying those kind of things. Going to give me nightmare flashbacks...

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2906522/joey-votto-on-the-reds-i-think-were-a-*****-nightmare-and-i-think-everybody-knows-that

Well, in a way, Votto wasn't wrong LOL

As to the OP, yes, it is cool.  For too many years we were the prey.  It's our time to be the hunter.

Who Dey   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I thought you were doing the old Johnny Carson, " How Cold Is It ".
It's so cold elf's are still warming their chestnuts on an open fire.

It's Very Cool and Awesome and other High-Purr-Vo-Lee, as Jimmy Durante might spell it, that our Bengals are not only in the Play-Offs, but one of best Bengals teams in Bengals History. I thought we had WR's and TE's and RB in 1981, but 2021 is even more. Collinsworth and Curtis were great, but so are Chase and Higgins, and you add Boyd and WR is better. Pete Johnson was tough, so is Mixon. Dan Ross was great at TE, but I like Uzomah also. Ken Anderson was MVP great, but Burrow is playing great. Both had good Defenses. I give 81 Bengals edge on Anthony Munoz O-Line, but this O Line is much better than 2017 to 2020. I saw both teams and this 2021 team is very good. Much more weapons than the 2005 Bengals some rave about. You can't double or triple team Chase as play-off teams did Chad or to AJ Green from 2011 to 2015. The other Bengals would score easy.

GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Very cool indeed !

Heard on a radio show that 62% of the fans who don't live in NFL teams cities vicinity are pulling for the Bengals.

Not sure how they came to this conclusion but the Bengals are definitely a hot and exciting team generating a buzz around the football world presently.

Almost surreal and scared to pinch myself per not wanting to find out its only a dream.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Really really cool Philhos. 

If I was another team this would be the one team I wouldn't want to face.

We start slow cause we learn the other team early and then once we know them we pounce. I honestly haven't really seen it.

I know the Patriots have done this but they also started fast on teams with Belichick's wizardry but with us it seems Zac puts 
it in his player's minds to figure out the team on both sides, it is Burrow on Offense and our LB's, namely Logan and Germaine
with Bailey coming on and our Safeties on Defense. We read the other team, good thing for us is our Defense under Lou seem
to be ready early for the most part which helps our Offense adapt and we can stay in the game except for the Chargers and first
Browns game of course where all kinds of shit went haywire early.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t want to face a defense which held Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City offense to only three points in the second half.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 05:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I wouldn’t want to face a defense which held Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City offense to only three points in the second half.

I really think this Defense is the key. If you can hold back Mahomes you can handle ANY QB.

He is the best IMO besides Brady, Rodgers and of course Burrow who thank God is on our team.

If we face Herbert again I think our Defense will learn and be up to the task especially with Logan back.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 05:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I really think this Defense is the key. If you can hold back Mahomes you can handle ANY QB.

Defense becomes far more important in the postseason.
Reply/Quote

Yep. I just wish they weren't the only team needing to rest their QB in week 18. I've seen that too many times in the last 16 years and it hasn't turned out well. 

Cheers to breaking that trend? Cheers

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 05:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I wouldn’t want to face a defense which held Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City offense to only three points in the second half.

I'd want to face a defense that gave up 28 points to Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City offense in 1 half. 

That's more points than they average for an entire game.
Reply/Quote

Their is people jumping on the Bengals bandwagon like crazy right now.. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:56 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Shhh, somewhere a fan of a team with a pass rushing DL is secretly hoping to go against our OL.  Wink

Judon against Prince scares the F outta me...
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 06:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Their is people jumping on the Bengals bandwagon like crazy right now.. 

I visited every AFC playoff team's message boards over the last couple of days.  Not one, with the notable exception of the Chiefs fans, want to face the Bengals.  No one wants to face the QB-WR juggernaut.

However, the trend as I looked at those boards and others in the AFC it was virtually universal that those fans were happy for us and rooting for the Bengals to do well, until it came to their team.  The exception again was the Chiefs fans who are still recovering from last weekend

The surprise was to see how our AFCN rivals are viewing us.  First, they are bemoaning the future and acknowledging that their teams need to do some retooling to go against us for the next decade.  They are suffering from some serious quarterback envy. 

Maybe it comes from being able to beat up on the Bengals for so long, but they also were glad it was the Bengals vs any of the other AFCN teams.  They were all if it wasn't us, at least it wasn't one of the other 2.  So apparently we are the least hated among the other fandoms

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 05:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I just wish they weren't the only team needing to rest their QB in week 18. I've seen that too many times in the last 16 years and it hasn't turned out well. 

Cheers to breaking that trend? Cheers

Agreed. Me too. However, with this covid crap and a risk of injury, I guess we really have no choice. Man, if Denver pulls out the upset tonight, tomorrows game is huge. I hope Zac has these guys ready to play.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 07:29 PM)pally Wrote: I visited every AFC playoff team's message boards over the last couple of days.  Not one, with the notable exception of the Chiefs fans, want to face the Bengals.  No one wants to face the QB-WR juggernaut.

However, the trend as I looked at those boards and others in the AFC it was virtually universal that those fans were happy for us and rooting for the Bengals to do well, until it came to their team.  The exception again was the Chiefs fans who are still recovering from last weekend

The surprise was to see how our AFCN rivals are viewing us.  First, they are bemoaning the future and acknowledging that their teams need to do some retooling to go against us for the next decade.  They are suffering from some serious quarterback envy. 

Maybe it comes from being able to beat up on the Bengals for so long, but they also were glad it was the Bengals vs any of the other AFCN teams.  They were all if it wasn't us, at least it wasn't one of the other 2.  So apparently we are the least hated among the other fandoms

The Bengals are like the ultimate underdog right now and everyone loves rooting for the underdog.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Nope and we already know how potent the offense can be as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 06:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Their is people jumping on the Bengals bandwagon like crazy right now.. 

Im already self righteously annoyed by the fans who didn't sit through 30 years of crap to enjoy this. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 09:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Im already self righteously annoyed by the fans who didn't sit through 30 years of crap to enjoy this. 

In my attempt to transition from realist to homer, I've decided to embrace the band wagon fans even if it means we become loved like the NBA's Golden State Warriors.
Reply/Quote