Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did Allen look?
I saw the box score so I know his stats...but for those that watched the game, how did he look? Was he a deer in headlights like Finley or was he much more poised?
Reply/Quote
He’s terrible. He was terrible. He’s not an NFL QB.

But let him finish the year. I wanted them to sign a semi-respectable backup but now I don’t care. Let the SS Brandon strike the iceberg.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: that-is-one-big-pile-of-shit-19008840.png]

To be fair, a good share of the team didn't look much better.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
[Image: jdy0rol7gejenqacjqu9.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not good, but considering he's playing under the worst coaching staff, a terrible line, and none of his playmaker helped (ala: at least three dropped passes), it was better than what Thinley would have done. His passes had some zip, and for the most part was semi accurate. Held on to ball too long, but really anyone does under this line. Started forcing it in the 4th, costing a INT, and had bad awareness last play of game causing fumble. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: [Image: jdy0rol7gejenqacjqu9.jpg]

I see what you did there
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:30 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I saw the box score so I know his stats...but for those that watched the game, how did he look?  Was he a deer in headlights like Finley or was he much more poised?

In all seriousness, he was far more poised than Finley.  His biggest problem was not having the clock going off in his head to get rid of it in time.  There were several times he had to get either get the ball out quicker or bail and run for it.  Each time he waited too long.

With that said, it doesn't look like he will ever develop to be more than an emergency option.
Reply/Quote
I think it just goes to show you how good Burrow actually was. The two stains that replaced him havent been able to do anything despite the same cast of characters on O. We lost a great one, hopefully its only temporary
Reply/Quote
I thought he looked ok. First game starting and was on the practice squad last week. Receivers dropped a lot of good thrown balls. Nobody's mentioning that point. He was far better than Finley. Although, dangerously better than Finley. He could possibly, actually almost surely, win us a game when we don't want one. So, if we are tanking for whoever? Better put Finley back in.

Reply/Quote
Looked great, think he’s gonna be an all-pro. We can trade Burrow for picks.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:43 PM)tBengal Wrote: Looked great, think he’s gonna be an all-pro. We can trade Burrow for picks.

I like it!  
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought he looked ok. First game starting and was on the practice squad last week. Receivers dropped a lot of good thrown balls. Nobody's mentioning that point. He was far better than Finley. Although, dangerously better than Finley. He could possibly, actually almost surely, win us a game when we don't want one. So, if we are tanking for whoever? Better put Finley back in.

The weather looked beautiful.  Was there rain in the area overnight that could have caused a lot of wet balls after the snap?  It was not mentioned in any way, but a lot of drops by normally reliable hands.
Reply/Quote
He had a lot of overthrows and he had no help. He did appear to be trying to win.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The weather looked beautiful.  Was there rain in the area overnight that could have caused a lot of wet balls after the snap?  It was not mentioned in any way, but a lot of drops by normally reliable hands.

Yep. I was kind of blown away by the drops. Brandon put a lot of great throws on the money and were just dropped. Also, can think of 2 PI's that weren't called. Although maybe there was more. I honestly think he earned the start for the rest of the season and think he will be better each game. No Joe Burrow by any means, not even close. More like a Gardner Minshew. 

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: In all seriousness, he was far more poised than Finley.  His biggest problem was not having the clock going off in his head to get rid of it in time.  There were several times he had to get either get the ball out quicker or bail and run for it.  Each time he waited too long.

With that said, it doesn't look like he will ever develop to be more than an emergency option.

Agree! Ts, he definitely looked more NFL ready than Finley has ever looked. We need to draft another QB in the upcoming draft. Let Finley spread his wings and fly away.
Reply/Quote
He wasn't good. Missed a lot of open receivers and held on to the ball too long. Made some bad passes into traffic and when he did hit his receiver they dropped the ball.

It was a shit show all around.

I didn't want them to win due to draft position but I had to cheer them on anyways because I just can't cheer against them.

It was hard too watch him struggle because you could tell his heart was there. He wanted to win and was trying hard.

Unfortunately he just wasn't good enough.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 08:05 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Agree! Ts, he definitely looked more NFL ready than Finley has ever looked. We need to draft another QB in the upcoming draft. Let Finley spread his wings and fly away.

Or take the bus, or walk...
Reply/Quote
He looked better than the practice squad WR the Broncos have at QB right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 08:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He looked better than the practice squad WR the Broncos have at QB right now.

I started off watching that train wreck, but then say Hill had over 200 yards receiving in the first quarter, so changed the channel to see some actual action.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:30 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I saw the box score so I know his stats...but for those that watched the game, how did he look?  Was he a deer in headlights like Finley or was he much more poised?

Fred was correct, Allen is bad enough to lose games.  Almost Finley level bad.  This from a prior QB coach who is suppose to know QB talent in Taylor.  

Keep in mind the Bengals had all off season to fix the OL and replace Finley.  They saw what Finley could do yet they kept him.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote