Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did Paul Alexander Keep His Job Through The 90's???
I stayed at Alexander's cabin up in New York last year. Had I known the last two seasons would go this way, I'd have left him a nice surprise in his bed.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:00 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I stayed at Alexander's cabin up in New York last year.  Had I known the last two seasons would go this way, I'd have left him a nice surprise in his bed.

I'm pretty sure Dennis Roland offered up some "nice suprises" in that same bed for Paul.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 10:11 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I wonder if Alexander the Great IS the reason we don't value interior OLine. Mike obviously trusts him and Alexander the Great is allowed to pick his own personnel. So could he also be part of the problem with not valuing interior OLine? It honestly wouldn't surprise me.

I remember an old PA quote that was something to the effect of "If you can play T, you can play G."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 07:09 PM)NC_Bengal Wrote: The quotes from Mathis are interesting.

I did several searches trying to find articles listing the best OL coaches (or best assistants).   Never saw his name mentioned.  Has any team sought him out?  Interviewed him? Any quotes from Whit or Levi about how Paul changed their approach or really helped teach them something?  Anything?

Just looking for some outside (non message board member) vote of confidence in his favor.

Willie spoke highly of PA during this past offseason. Also, PA's name was floated around in 2008 when the Syracuse HC gig opened up. It was right at the beginning and then we never heard anything else from it.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote