Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did Price play
I admit to not being an expert by any means but I have thought for a long time that Price was one of our worst o lineman in recent history. On the plays where I could follow him he just seemed incredibly slow to react.

Can the more knowledgeable on this board tell me how they graded Price against the Titans or how he performed.

Is there any hope for this guy?

Thanks!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To hear some on this board tell it he’s apparently playing like an All Pro right now...

I thought he was decent. Had some bad snaps, and got beat at least once, but he blocked well in the run game. Still think Hopkins should start when he’s back healthy.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 03:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: To hear some on this board tell it he’s apparently playing like an All Pro right now...

I thought he was decent. Had some bad snaps, and got beat at least once, but he blocked well in the run game. Still think Hopkins should start when he’s back healthy.

Yep. Price played decent overall, but he had bad snaps as you said.
It's too bad we can't fuse Price and Hopkins into a single player, as Price has been a good run blocker but a bad pass blocker, whereas Hopkins has been the opposite.

If pass blocking is more important given this offense seems more pass-oriented, then we need to see Hopkins in. Williams too. Spain is also a better pass blocker than Jordan and Redmond. So I'd look to start Spain over Redmond until XSF is back then possibly even replace Jordan to roll with Spain and XSF. I'd still stick with Hart at RT over Johnson even though Johnson looks better at OT than he did at OG.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Depends if you like OSU or not.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I thought he did very well the last 2 games. Some on here would rather have their head explode than give him credit. Sports radio talking heads have been praising him today as well. Here is an article.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/01/joe-burrow-credits-billy-price-revamped-offensive-line/
Reply/Quote
Given the circumstance, I think he played pretty well.

I don't think he stole Hopkins job or anything. I could see them doing a sort of "competition" for the position over the bye week and in practice leading up to week 10.

But the main thing that I took away was that Billy Price, while still a bust for the most part, isn't a complete and utter bust like we initially thought.

Or maybe he is really bad and he just had 1 decent game.

Who's to say?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 04:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Depends if you like OSU or not.

This post might make more sense if it was 2018. I think enough OSU fans have acknowledged Price has been a bust that this is just beating a dead horse at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 05:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Given the circumstance, I think he played pretty well.

I don't think he stole Hopkins job or anything. I could see them doing a sort of "competition" for the position over the bye week and in practice leading up to week 10.

But the main thing that I took away was that Billy Price, while still a bust for the most part, isn't a complete and utter bust like we initially thought.

Or maybe he is really bad and he just had 1 decent game.

Who's to say?

I wouldn't mind seeing if we have anything by sliding hopkins over to a guard spot and rolling price at center, we should be looking to have our 5 best out there.
Reply/Quote
I think the coach gave him a gameball didn't he? He gave out 4 on a video I watched this morning. However, it was 6am and I was trying to wake up with my cup of Joe. Damn, no pun intended but that was kind of a good reference.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 07:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think the coach gave him a gameball didn't he? He gave out 4 on a video I watched this morning. However, it was 6am and I was trying to wake up with my cup of Joe. Damn, no pun intended but that was kind of a good reference.

Yeah, Billy got a game ball.  Zac gave a huge call out to his always positive attitude.  Spain said that Billy was coaching him on the sidelines about terminology and schemes

Bates and the OL coaches received the others

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Billy Price had his best game as a Bengal by far. Having Quinton Spain to his left certainly helped.
Reply/Quote
Still has a problem snapping the ball. Which is kind of the minimum requirement for a center.
Reply/Quote
Price had one bad snap and the missed assignment was apparently Calhoun not Price - part of why Spain was in pretty quick.

I agree part of why Price looked good was actually having passable Guards - Spain was a big improvement over Jordan for example.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 03:41 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I admit to not being an expert by any means but I have thought for a long time that Price was one of our worst o lineman in recent history. On the plays where I could follow him he just seemed incredibly slow to react.

Can the more knowledgeable on this board tell me how they graded Price against the Titans or how he performed.

Is there any hope for this guy?

Thanks!

Thought he played very well, had some bad snaps but that is bound to happen with him being the back up and not having that 
chemistry with Burrow yet. Still, had some very good run blocks, saw where he blocked 2 D-lineman in a row opening up a nice 
16 yard gain for Perine. Cautiously optimistic that Price may not be a bust after all.

Spain and Adeniji were damn good though from what I saw. This is great news for us moving forward with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 07:14 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing if we have anything by sliding hopkins over to a guard spot and rolling price at center, we should be looking to have our 5 best out there.

Hopkins was really bad at guard when we first signed him. Price has not done enough to unseat a guy who’s been consistently solid for the last few years.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Still has a problem snapping the ball. Which is kind of the minimum requirement for a center.

Yep. Burrow has covered for him there. If one of those becomes a turnover people will be screaming their heads off, and all the he should start talk would be over real quick.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopkins was really bad at guard when we first signed him. Price has not done enough to unseat a guy who’s been consistently solid for the last few years.

As Ocho said, too bad we cannot fuse Price and Hopkins strengths into one Center. Price is a much better run blocker while 
Trey Hop is a much better pass protector. Wish we could have both at Center. Cause yeah, Hop wasn't good at Guard and 
neither was Price, they are both better Centers from what we have seen. Weird.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As Ocho said, too bad we cannot fuse Price and Hopkins strengths into one Center. Price is a much better run blocker while 
Trey Hop is a much better pass protector. Wish we could have both at Center. Cause yeah, Hop wasn't good at Guard and 
neither was Price, they are both better Centers from what we have seen. Weird.

Run blocking is nice, but the top priority has to be protecting Burrow.

Reply/Quote
Price played well enough to remain our #2 Center, until that Finney guy is activated.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Run blocking is nice, but the top priority has to be protecting Burrow.

Completely agree. But Burrow was getting hit quite a bit while Hop was Center too...

Did we even give up a sack to the Titans? Don't think so.
Reply/Quote