Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did Vigil look today?
I didn't get to see any of the game, save a few scoring highlights on Redzone. Did he do well? Look comfortable in the role?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I thought he did well.

He had one PBU in the red zone in particular that I thought was damn good.
Reply/Quote
He played decent, his coverage could be better but I liked his tackling.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 07:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I thought he did well.

He had one PBU in the red zone in particular that I thought was damn good.

That was on a 4th down as well.

I think he looked good, for as few snaps as he has had this year, and believe he is one of those guys that you can teach and that will grow.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 07:08 PM)milksheikh Wrote: He played decent, his coverage could be better but I liked his tackling.

He didn't look 100% comfortable out there on some of it, but I generally don't expect late round guys to look otherwise in their rookie seasons.

I think he will work out well in his career.  He might not end up being a stud, but I don't see him becoming any less than Vinny Rey.
Reply/Quote
He's the fastest LB on the team. He seems to always be around the ball. He just isn't making plays yet. I think he has promise though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He had 4 tackles and 2 assists, looking fundamentally solid thru the game. I do think he's a keeper. The backers played well today, including Dansby (6/5). Vinny Rey was all over the place, hustling his ass off. No Burfict and no Maualuga did not hurt us.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 07:12 PM)jason Wrote: He's the fastest LB on the team. He seems to always be around the ball. He just isn't making plays yet. I think he has promise though.

Flowers is faster.

To the OP, Vigil missed one tackle but other than that played very good.

That pass breakup on 4th down was awesome. Haven't seen a Bengal Linebacker make a play like that, in forever.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 07:14 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: He had 4 tackles and 2 assists, looking fundamentally solid thru the game. I do think he's a keeper. The backers played well today, including Dansby (6/5). Vinny Rey was all over the place, hustling his ass off. No Burfict and no Maualuga did not hurt us.

????

Maualuga played.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 07:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Flowers is faster.

To the OP, Vigil missed one tackle but other than that played very good.

That pass breakup on 4th down was awesome. Haven't seen a Bengal Linebacker make a play like that, in forever.

Sometimes I think Flowers overplays at times, causing more missed tackles. Vigil seems to play more within himself, but as previously mentioned, too small of a sample size to get a true bead on him. You're dead on about his PBU. That was a very quick move from behind to knock that one down.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 07:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: ????

Maualuga played.

I didn't see him, but easy for me to miss sometimes when I'm moderating while watching for everything that I can. He had no tackles or assists.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 07:25 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I didn't see him, but easy for me to miss sometimes when I'm moderating while watching for everything that I can. He had no tackles or assists.

You are correct that he had no stats.

He was in position on a rushing play for a tackle for a minimal gain.  The runner was cutting to avoid him in the gap and got plastered by Dansby from the side, resulting in a loss of yardage if I remember correctly.
Reply/Quote
He had an up and down game. Missed a tackle on Steve Smith on third down but made a nice pass break up on pitta on 4thdown.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I thought he looked good. He has a nice smile, & his hair had the helmet effect but guessing it looks good too. Seemed to have well defined legs and arms for their size.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Thanks for all of the insight, and stats. Sounds like his development is going well. Looking forward to seeing him with a little polish, after a full round of offseason activities and training camp.

As a few of you might recall, LB was a position that I had great concern for, heading into this offseason. It's really comforting to see one of our mid-round picks getting the development they so desperately need as a rookie. It seems in recent years, that we keep drafting these mid to late round LBs, that seldom make their way to the field for any serious productivity.

I'd still like to see the Bengals take a LB in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft, as I am starting to lose hope that guys like Dawson and Flowers will ever make any serious impact as Bengals.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 08:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for all of the insight, and stats.  Sounds like his development is going well.  Looking forward to seeing him with a little polish, after a full round of offseason activities and training camp.

As a few of you might recall, LB was a position that I had great concern for, heading into this offseason.  It's really comforting to see one of our mid-round picks getting the development they so desperately need as a rookie.  It seems in recent years, that we keep drafting these mid to late round LBs, that seldom make their way to the field for any serious productivity.

I'd still like to see the Bengals take a LB in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft, as I am starting to lose hope that guys like Dawson and Flowers will ever make any serious impact as Bengals.
In my viewing area the Stoolers Vs Brownetts was it. Did the Bengals play against the Ravens backups?  Was this game a reasonable test of the Bengals players?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 08:48 PM)Derrick Wrote: In my viewing area the Stoolers Vs Brownetts was it. Did the Bengals play against the Ravens backups?  Was this game a reasonable test of the Bengals players?

We smoked their starters
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 08:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We smoked their starters

However, I can't really imagine Baltimore playing with much enthusiasm, after getting their asses knocked from playoff contention by the Steelers last week.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 08:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We smoked their starters

Should I take this as a positive sign of the future? Okay, too much to hope for.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: However, I can't really imagine Baltimore playing with much enthusiasm, after getting their asses knocked from playoff contention by the Steelers last week.

As happened to us as well.

They were also playing for the chance to have a winning season.
Reply/Quote