Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do people have that many posts?
I think I'm on this board a lot and post casually but it seems there are others who live on this board 24/7.

How do you all find the time to read and post so much?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 06:11 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I think I'm on this board a lot and post casually but it seems there are others who live on this board 24/7.

if you play some of the games or get into a back in forth with someone or just have a thread you track and update all the time it jumps pretty quick.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 06:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if you play some of the games or get into a back in forth with someone or just have a thread you track and update all the time it jumps pretty quick.

Yeah, the game room is an easy way to get post count up. I probably log about 25-30 posts in there alone per week.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 06:11 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I think I'm on this board a lot and post casually but it seems there are others who live on this board 24/7.

Some of these cats apparently have nothing else going on in their lives to occupy their time. Not mentioning any names but they know who they are.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 12:21 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Some of these cats apparently have nothing else going on in their lives to occupy their time. Not mentioning any names but they know who they are.

This^^^^ Cool
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I use it like a lot of people use social media, since I have no social media presence. Need a break from my spreadsheets? What's happening on the boards? Some people have Facebook up all day, I just leave a tab open on the boards.
Reply/Quote
Buckets and buckets of amphetamines.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 10:32 AM)Benton Wrote: Buckets and buckets of amphetamines.

Yes.... I was stumbling around P&R, when they started kicking in.
I remember saying to myself "I feel a bit lightheaded, maybe I shouldn't post ?".
Suddenly there was a terrible roar of threads abound and the forum was full of what looked like bigoted partisan spiel, all swooping, screeching and diving at peoples throats; which were bellowing their own bloated agenda.
Inside my head a voice was screaming: "Holy Jesus! Who are these goddamn animals?"
Reply/Quote
I probably have a more-than-average posting amount, and it's still only 8 posts per day. That isn't a very difficult accomplishment.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure whether or not my post count on the old board qualifies as enough to meet the OP's criteria but I thought I'd weigh in with what I think is an obvious answer. (Fwiw, my old post count was somewhere around 6k, over 5 years. Which I think comes out to around 3 a day)

I think the answer for many, and it certainly was for me, was working a desk job, having internet access, and having loads of idle time.

My old job was an inside sales gig. I was a cube monkey. Actual selling or account maintenance probably only accounted for about 1/4 of my day. Another 1/4 was probably sales meetings and just everyday normal office interaction (water cooler talk, etc) The true reality was I had a ton of down time, and I had to be at my desk, to at least appear to be working.

Enter dicking around the internet, which I think is the case for a lot of people nowadays. As Peter said, in a given week "I do about 15 minutes of actual work". A lot of people dick around on social media or browse Amazon or whatever. I used to read sports pages, local news stuff, and switch between sites like Barstool and Reddit. I stated lurking around a few forums and found that they were a great time killer.

Also, it's real easy to fire off a good 20 posts in a very short amount of time. Get into an argument here or there, start a thread that sees varied responses, and you can rack up quite a few posts pretty quickly. Sometimes I used to see posts counts and think "God Damn" but 20k posts over years and years is easily broken down to less eye catching numbers.

Ex: Guy gets on the board, while listening to the Reds or Sport Talk or whatever, for an hour or so every evening, and fires off 5 posts a nights. If he's a member for 7 years and stays consistently active, that's 12,775 posts right there. Is he any less productive or more of a loser than someone who watches an hour of reality TV in that same hour?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:40 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I probably have a more-than-average posting amount, and it's still only 8 posts per day.  That isn't a very difficult accomplishment.

8 posts a day?!?!?!?!

[Image: giphy-facebook_s.jpg]

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 8 posts a day?!?!?!?!

[Image: giphy-facebook_s.jpg]

Ninja

Feelings, bro. 

It's even worse because I'm responding 10 minutes after you...like I sat around waiting..... Ninja 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 09:22 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I use it like a lot of people use social media, since I have no social media presence. Need a break from my spreadsheets? What's happening on the boards? Some people have Facebook up all day, I just leave a tab open on the boards.

Same.
Reply/Quote

Meth.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote