Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we beat Pittsburgh
How to beat pitt
[Image: f6659bde-425d-4ed2-bf1c-54a28fdfa979_text.gif]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 07:20 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I want to see Uzoma playing FB instead of TE.

I would like to see Sample in this role a little. Maybe even as the back on the 3rd downs doing the blitz pick up. I really want to see our protection of Burrow atleast start to show some improvement.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 07:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How about Burrow play error free and hits on 3rd downs , that is a receipt for a win

Not if those are a bunch of 3rd and 9 or longer.  They need to run the ball. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 08:52 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I think the Bengals have to score 1st and
Often. If the Bengals stall inside the red zone
Then all.they can produce is 3 pts thats
Not good enough to win. If it is back and forth
Game the Steelers win easily.
ZT has proven he cant produce wins in games
Decided by 7 pts or less.
It's really going to have to be a case of complimentry
Football in all 3 phases.

Offensivy Id go uptempo, no.huddle. More 12 personel
More bootleg out of pocket throws for JB.
Id target the TEs more just to give those LBers
More responsibility.
Screen passes Id call 3 to 5 times. It will help
Slow up Ingram and Watt.

Defensively they have to lock down Claypool
He is due for a big outing.
Limit the yardage on 1st 2nd down force
Ben to convert 3rd and longs
Send Hilton off the.edge and accelerate Bens clock.
Pratt needs a big game. He cant allow to be
Juked in space again. ADG needs more plays.
But Lou needs to blitz from all angles.

I highlighted your suggestion here, because the pig stated something in the media about how the new OC does not have a two-minute offense (0r hurry up, can't remember which was stated but you get the point).  While this is probably just the drama queen polishing his tiara, I wonder if there is any truth to it to see if they can "keep up" with a hurry up Bengals offense.  It does tend to wear down one's own defense, though.  
Reply/Quote
Defensively just keep doing what we’ve been doing. People were criticizing Wilson for not landing on a fumble or Hendricks for not tackling Fields. It’s not realistic for the defense to play perfect because the offense can’t get its ass in gear, can’t expect us to be the 2000 Ravens defense and pitch a shut out in this era of football. Offensively if Higgins is out I’d prefer more double tight end sets it would make it harder for the defense to have a light front which they did last week when you only have one TE. More screens even a TE screen and move the pocket, have a TE chip the end and release late as well. I’d actually use Mike Thomas at times just to run deep routes with Chase because he has speed and can open things up underneath for Boyd to work. Versus the Steelers giving safety help on Chases side and sitting on guys like Tate and Boyd underneath.
Reply/Quote
One of the bigger things IMHO is score early and score more early. We can't go 2 and 1/2 qtrs. and only have 3 points.
Reply/Quote
This Steelers defense is good.That much we do know.I think our defense will be able to hold their Offense in check.Just hope ZT isn’t intimidated by this defense,and goes all conservative with a predictable game plan.They need to attack this defense with intermediate range passing.That’s where Burrow is at his best.I know,some will say the OL won’t hold up to give him time.Well,sometimes you have to take chances.At least try.

I would love to see Burrow rolling out of the pocket more,and throwing on the run.That’s another one of his strengths.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 10:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: One of the bigger things IMHO is score early and score more early. We can't go 2 and 1/2 qtrs. and only have 3 points.

First play of the game,go route to Chase?Go immediately into no huddle.?Now that’s aggressive.After all,this Offense was supposed to be the strength of this team this year.Some analysts had them projected to go top 5,or top 10.Spread this offense out and attack this defense.
Reply/Quote
Ian Rapoport has reported Watt has been downgraded to OUT for tomorrow. That is a nice break for Carman

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Carman would have not seen him outside of some stunts, but it is good news for the team as a whole.
Reply/Quote
On the one hand, there's no way to know if Zac is actually capable of winning in this league if he plays against watered down competition and, in a year where we should be evaluating if Zac is our coach going forward of if we should fire him and bring in someone new, him getting breaks like this lends itself to his benefit rather than allowing us to figure out how competent (or incompetent) he truly is.

On the other hand, I like that Burrow won't be killed as badly in this game, which is a nice plus.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 12:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: On the one hand, there's no way to know if Zac is actually capable of winning in this league if he plays against watered down competition and, in a year where we should be evaluating if Zac is our coach going forward of if we should fire him and bring in someone new, him getting breaks like this lends itself to his benefit rather than allowing us to figure out how competent (or incompetent) he truly is.

On the other hand, I like that Burrow won't be killed as badly in this game, which is a nice plus.

For this team, proving to themselves that can win in the road is more important than who they beat and how they win one

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
No TJ Watt now, so that will help.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Got to think Steelers will now blitz more....
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Watt being out is a great thing. He had 60% of the team's sacks.
Don't really have much else to worry about aside from Ingram and Heyward, and neither are who they used to be.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 10:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I highlighted your suggestion here, because the pig stated something in the media about how the new OC does not have a two-minute offense (0r hurry up, can't remember which was stated but you get the point).  While this is probably just the drama queen polishing his tiara, I wonder if there is any truth to it to see if they can "keep up" with a hurry up Bengals offense.  It does tend to wear down one's own defense, though.  
The Steelers defense is missing 3 starters. 
If you can go no huddle vs the backups
Who are not used to facing a  no huddle up tempo
Offense, then why not ?
They are already getting more snaps
Then usual. No.huddle would just wear them
Down more.
Reply/Quote
I worry about Heyward matched up on Hopkins. If he beats Hopkins, Joe with his inability to get out
Of pocket will get hit often.
If the Bengals can negate the A gap pressures
Joe has a chance to thrive
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 12:59 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Got to think Steelers will now blitz more....

Because of the bad rap last week, you know the Bengals will try to go deep more while the squeelers blitz more  Hilarious  Yes, because Zac.

Oh My!
Reply/Quote
From a long time Bengal fan ….

Don’t get too excited. The way this usually works is that whatever no-name the Stoolers will replace TJ with, will look like a Pro-Bowler against us and set some sort of sack record. Coaches will blame “no tape
to watch on this guy so we had no idea how to prepare”.

lol. Sorry. Couldn’t resist.
Reply/Quote
Highsmith and Dionte Johnson are also out.
Reply/Quote