Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we beat Pittsburgh
They will want Bush and Fitzpatrick to have big games
Reply/Quote
Run the footbawl to set up play action. If they plan to blitz often use RBs and float our receivers over the middle in the flat for some YAC, then hit them deep when they start covering those short routes.

Pass sets up the run in this game. Feed Mixon in the 2nd half and they could win this week.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 12:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Carman would have not seen him outside of some stunts, but it is good news for the team as a whole.

Watt moves around so a break for all lineman
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 02:39 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They will want Bush and Fitzpatrick to have big games

If it were me I would go right after those guys. We have good WR's, Uzi, Evans, Mixon. Those guys are good but I think we could expose them with the talent we have on offense. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 03:25 PM)bengaloo Wrote: If it were me I would go right after those guys. We have good WR's, Uzi, Evans, Mixon. Those guys are good but I think we could expose them with the talent we have on offense. 

Not sure about Devin but Minkah ain’t no slouch it’s not going to be that simple to beat him.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 12:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: On the one hand, there's no way to know if Zac is actually capable of winning in this league if he plays against watered down competition and, in a year where we should be evaluating if Zac is our coach going forward of if we should fire him and bring in someone new, him getting breaks like this lends itself to his benefit rather than allowing us to figure out how competent (or incompetent) he truly is.

On the other hand, I like that Burrow won't be killed as badly in this game, which is a nice plus.

Zac is NOT capable of winning is this league, period.

See that was easy and now you know.

And knowing is half the battle.
Reply/Quote
I agree bring Finley back
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 01:26 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The Steelers defense is missing 3 starters. 
If you can go no huddle vs the backups
Who are not used to facing a  no huddle up tempo
Offense, then why not ?
They are already getting more snaps
Then usual. No.huddle would just wear them
Down more.

I would love to see it if they (The Bengals) get up by a score.  Then go hurry up when you get the ball back and try to put them away early.  See if they implode for a change.  
Reply/Quote
The Steelers will possibly try to get their run game going vs the Bengals. I think this is a mistake and will play into the hands of the improved and likely to get better defense. Problem is, the Bengals have zero offensive identity to counter at the moment.

It all boils down to whether last week was a wake up call for Taylor and his play calling issues. Has it sunken in that playing to keep your QB from getting hit is A: not achieving that intended purpose, and B: Not producing an effective offense? To that end, is Burrow mentally/physically capable of playing at a high level under pressure? He's not hitting the tight-window throws he did as a rookie even with a loaded receiving corps and a better group up front. Even a larger commitment to the run has not done much to help. The Steelers defense is still no joke even minus Watt. They will likely key in on Mxon and try to make Burrow prove he can hurt them in the passing game. Can he answer the bell? I have no idea at this point. If he does, the Bengals should win this game all day long. If he can't I don't know why he's being run out there in the condition he's in.

On the other end, the Bengals should be able to take Harris out of the equation and force Ben to beat them, mirroring Pittsburgh's strategy on defense. How bad is Ben really hurt? If he's as bad off as rumored, this should again be no problem. We've seen a significantly worse defense easily handle a depleted Ben in 2020.

Is this a rope-a-dope move by the Steelers? Will fatty come out and sling it all over the field while the Bengals load the box? He shouldn't be able to do that if he's injured badly and the Bengals get pressure vs a weak Pittsburgh line.

Like the season, it all rests on Taylor figuring out how to call a decent NFL game vs a superior coach and Burrow to return to post-injury form.

I'll go Bengals 24, Pittsburgh 19.
Reply/Quote
Simple..Leave Zac in Cincinnati..or ship him back before the game starts..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Will probably have to win in spite of Taylor's coaching. Hope he proves me wrong.
Reply/Quote