Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you feel about paying for a new stadium NOW?
Before the season, I think if Mike Brown were to come to the tax payers of Cincinnati and ask for a new stadium we would have all told him to go to hell.

Now though, what are your thoughts on paying for his new stadium? Would you be willing to pay for it via stadium tax like the last stadium, or do you want Mike to pay for it himself?

It's interesting as hell to me how all of these organizational changes were made with the lease being up in the near future. Do I think that is the sole motive for the new game day experience, PBS enhancements, social media enhancements, new uniforms, ring of honor, FA spending, etc? No.

Do I think the Bengals made these moves to to gain back the cities approval, reconnect with fans, and get back into good graces with the city all while knowing the lease is up and they will need new funding for a new stadium in their back of their minds? Yes.

I think what the Bengals are doing organizationally is great but I can't help but think that there's ulterior motive behind it. It's going to be VERY interesting to see what happens in a couple years with the stadium lease.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Dont think we need a new one this one works pretty well and every seat is pretty good...

What do you want a dome? i like my football outside
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 04:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dont think we need a new one this one works pretty well and every seat is pretty good...

What do you want a dome?   i like my football outside

PBS is one of the worst football stadiums I've ever been to. It lacks personality and its a glorified shit hole. 

Yes, I would love a climate controlled stadium. I'm sick of standing in freezing rain and temps. Ever been to a domed stadium? It's light years more comfortable. 

It doesn't matter what I want though, it's what ownership wants...and you can bet your ass they are going to either want a new stadium or VAST renovations to the current one once the lease it up.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 04:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: PBS is one of the worst football stadiums I've ever been to. It lacks personality and its a glorified shit hole. 

Yes, I would love a climate controlled stadium. I'm sick of standing in freezing rain and temps. Ever been to a domed stadium? It's light years more comfortable. 

It doesn't matter what I want though, it's what ownership wants...and you can bet your ass they are going to either want a new stadium or VAST renovations to the current one once the lease it up.

Not been to a domed football stadium personally but i like the elements with football  if every stadium was a dome we would never get a game in the rain or snow  which to me would make it 1 step closer to Arena league which was indoor football
Reply/Quote
PBS needs a thorough overhaul for sure but replacement after only 20 years? Nah.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When I lived in Arlington (and the Cowboys played 20mi away in Irving), I voted in favor of increasing taxes for the new Cowboys stadium. The idea of creating/expanding an entertainment district is really enticing for the citizens of a city.

The Rangers built a new ballpark a few years ago right next to the old one (ATT stadium was built over here too), but I don't think I would've voted Yes for that. The only reason it passed (in my opinion) was it had a huge push on keeping the Rangers in Arlington...as if they were going to leave. There was marginal new development. All Arlington got was a 3rd stadium.

So what's the incentive for Cincinnati residents? I don't think it's fair to say "They'll leave if we don't pay". What value would it bring to the city?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I am unsure of the logistics, it takes at least a year to build a stadium. Would it replace the one we have in the same spot? If so, where do we play? Nippert?
Reply/Quote
PBS is certainly not the worst stadium in the league, but it doesn't compare to the new state of the art stadiums out there. I don't live in Cincinnati, so ultimately I won't have a say in this.

However, my family and I go up for at least 1 game per year. Between game Tix, souvenirs, hotels, meals, etc, we spend thousands of dollars that otherwise would be lost to the Cincinnati economy. A conservative estimate of 15% of game attendees coming in from out of town would represent almost $10.5 million over the course of the season if they spend $1k per person. That's not including preseason games or training camp stuff. Obviously adding stadium capacity increases that revenue to the local economy. Does $315 million over 30 years help offset any potential new stadium costs? I don't think the City, particularly the downtown area, can understate what having the team in town means to the local economy.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 04:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: PBS needs a thorough overhaul for sure but replacement after only 20 years? Nah.

The lease is set to expire in 2026. The stadium will be 26 years old by then. They need to figure out what they want to do and how the want to fund it a couple years before it us up, though.

For context, Riverfront stadium (Reds old stadium) was replaced after 30 years. 

The Colts played at RCA for 23 years before they built Lucas Oil. 

25-30 years is the shelf life for stadiums anymore. 
Reply/Quote
I’m cool with a new stadium, but would not want any sort of dome.
Reply/Quote
After stepping in foot of So-Fi..... Bengals need a new stadium
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
If they are going to build another open air stadium, I see no reason not to just remodel PBS, there's nothing wrong with it. If they are going to do a dome, then that's different and opens up all kinds of uses.
Reply/Quote
It's actually too bad Cincinnati & Newport just build music venues... would of bolstered the chance at a dome in my opinion
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I would like to have a stadium in Cincinnati that compares to So-Fi and ATT stadiums. Stay in PBS until the lease expires. I don't mind a dome as who wants to watch games outdoors in December and January. The Bengals would have to play a season at a college venue.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
So..this is a question of your tax money .., and not mine (I live in Norway) ..

That said, I ask myself the question: A new stadium after only 25 years ?

Why not renovate it, if you are dissatisfied ?

It's probably only a fraction of the money ..., what's wrong with that ?
Reply/Quote
Arrowhead looked pretty cool on TV. Can't you renovate it like that?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 04:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The lease is set to expire in 2026. The stadium will be 26 years old by then. They need to figure out what they want to do and how the want to fund it a couple years before it us up, though.

For context, Riverfront stadium (Reds old stadium) was replaced after 30 years. 

The Colts played at RCA for 23 years before they built Lucas Oil. 

25-30 years is the shelf life for stadiums anymore. 

From what I have read, the expectation is to not have to build a new stadium until 2050 or so. 

They will renovate.
Reply/Quote
We don’t need a new stadium
Reply/Quote
Since I don't live there, it wouldn't be my call at all. But I'd curious what renovations exactly they have in mind or that need to be done. At some point, it can be a better option to go new. While I'm not convinced they're quite there yet, I think it's inevitable. PBS is a very utilitarian stadium. Just like Riverfront was. It gets the job done. It's very "AFC North, play in the elements and lots of concrete" vibe isn't aging super well compared to other stadiums in the league built since.

While I have no problem with an open air stadium, I just don't think it's designed well. And from a fan perspective, a dome would be a hell of a lot nicer and likely attract more fans. Maybe not diehard fans, but fans nonetheless. The logistics are where I get confused, because it's not like the riverfront has unending real estate to build while the old is being used. The timing was unique when GABP and PBS were built.
Reply/Quote
Well the proposal is definitely coming in the relative future I believe. Especially considering 2022 will mark the Bengals' 23rd season at PBS. Bengals played at Riverfront/Cinergy for 30. My point being that management is probably now looking for upgraded or completely new digs in the not-so-distant future

Interestingly enough it was reported earlier today that the Titans are currently considering options for a new stadium in Nashville. Intriguing since both PBS and Nissan Stadium were opened around the same time. You can bet Mike and Katie will be keeping on eye on that.
Reply/Quote