Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you guys feel right now, honestly?
(12-04-2017, 03:08 PM)eoxyod Wrote: He is probably one of the better talent developing coaches in the league. If you look throughout his various tenures as a coach he has turned talent into great players, and below average talent into average production. He had an offense that worked PERFECTLY with our personnel. Obviously we lost players, but you could still see the drop off in the proceeding year with Zampese

Hue was a good Offensive Coordinator... and even a decent RB coach..

I wouldn't offer him another HC job somewhere though.   would love him back as the OC for the next coach he and Dalton were clicking very well.
Reply/Quote
I felt more comfortable during divorce 1, 2 & 3. Probably because I was in control of the situation. This here just sucks.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 03:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I'd Say if we lose this game its probly best to lose out the rest of the way... 

But if we win we still have a realistic shot at the playoffs...

So Win now and Win big and keep fighting till January.

Middle to late first rounder is fine with me. we have gotten pretty good production from players drafted in that range

where as top 5 sometimes are hit or miss.   (A Smith vs AJ Green)
I agree that losing this game would just about knock us out of contention and then it's all irrelevant, but I still have hope that we can win tonight and make a run at it.

All these posts that are hoping we lose are making me sick and embarrassed as a fan.  

We're not Brady's Patriots with or the Steelers with dynasties, but we're the Bengals, and not the Bengals of the 90s, because we fight to win games and we have pride.

I do hope that Marvin gets canned, but we've all seen that Mike's decisions defy all logic, so we cheer while we can and hope for winners.  

Our line looks improved, our offense is finally starting to click, and this defense looks like it's playing with desire.

People forget that we went into Lambeau Field and almost beat the Packers in Lazor's first game, and we've improved a great deal since then, so we know we can compete.

Yes, I agree that our line needs an overhaul in the offseason and needs improvement at a few other positions, but we have the draft and hopefully we make some noise in free agency.  A new coach that is better than Marvin isn't going to come here if those changes aren't made, so might as well make the best of what we have with Marvin.

I feel like this team is starting to click, and I'm going to keep cheering my crippled ass off every game.

ThumbsUp
(12-04-2017, 03:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hue was a good Offensive Coordinator... and even a decent RB coach..

I wouldn't offer him another HC job somewhere though.   would love him back as the OC for the next coach he and Dalton were clicking very well.

I do think that he and Dalton worked well together, but I also like some of the things Lazor is doing because, at times, his play calls look brilliant.  I feel like Lazor calls plays to our team's strengths (he does have some head scratchers sometimes).

Not sure I'd want to replace Lazor with Hue and I definitely don't want him as HC because he seems too much like Marvin with no initiative and just unqualified. 
Reply/Quote
If Mixon runs for 80 plus yards and punches in a TD on a rushing play we have  a 40 percent chance.

If they shut down the running game Andy will have no chance and bad Andy will implode.

Steelers, prime time, playing at home - not good signs for a competitive game and certainly not a win.
Reply/Quote
I feel good! I woke up and took a nice healthy poop, had breakfast and now I'm heading to teach a lesson.... I usually don't worry about what I can't control...
Reply/Quote
I feel like i'm about 9 hours away from feeling the same way i've felt so many times when the Bengals really needed a win in a big situation, but came up short...again.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 02:24 PM)thillan Wrote: So how do you feel? I still do enjoy seeing this team do good obviously, and I watch them every single week. But I wonder if we should've blown it up to make room for the possibility of better things in the future.

Drafting high doesn't guarantee anything. I think playing to win, and trying to establish something to build on is far more important.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 04:50 PM)Utts Wrote: Drafting high doesn't guarantee anything. I think playing to win, and trying to establish something to build on is far more important.

Pretty spot on here. Even for possibly getting a good FA to come here. 
Reply/Quote
It's Monday night so I'll only be watching while we're still in it because I need to get up early on Tuesday. I'm guessing there's a 50% chance I'll still be watching after halftime and maybe a 25% chance I'll be watching it to the end. So, I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll be getting lots of sleep tonight.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 03:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I felt more comfortable during divorce 1, 2 & 3. Probably because I was in control of the situation. This here just sucks.

Its why you cant let it affect you to much... Its entertainment that's out of your control.  we are just along for the ride.

gotta play madden if you want bengals superbowls every year lol
Reply/Quote
As long as the Bengals still have a shot at the playoffs, I'll want them to win. However, this is their must-win-game of the year. Granted, I thought that was the Jags game but the AFC sucks. So. Here we are.

If they lose, I see virtually no shot at the playoffs.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 04:50 PM)Utts Wrote: Drafting high doesn't guarantee anything. I think playing to win, and trying to establish something to build on is far more important.

I think we were reminded this year.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Other teams that would go 7-9 to 8-8 with similar circumstances from coaching to the o-line, would blow up parts of it to try to get better. Especially after the 2016 season.

The Bengals on the other hand will look at like they were a few plays here and there that prevented them from making the playoffs and Eifert being out. So they wont do much to make things better, Bengals logic 101. Marv could be back on a 2 year deal with PA coming back. They might sign a mediocre guard or tackle in offseason to 'appease the fans', but probably will see 3-4 lineman back next year like Bodine.

Basically they will probably make little effort to make the needed changes because that would be cost-effective for them, if they go 7-9 to 8-8.

But would they make a ton of changes if they lose here on out? I dont know but who knows anything with that front office.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 02:24 PM)thillan Wrote: I'm a bit torn. This team really has a tendency to go 8-8, and end up missing the playoffs, but get a middling draft pick.

I know it isn't best to WANT your team to lose, but I really did. Because now I fear Lewis is signed again, we get a pick around 12-16 range, and now we are talking playoffs again. I'm excited for some of the young talent we have, but I'm a bit tired of such mediocrity.

So how do you feel? I still do enjoy seeing this team do good obviously, and I watch them every single week. But I wonder if we should've blown it up to make room for the possibility of better things in the future.

I think I've also changed my mind on Dalton. I was 50/50 on him before, and probably a bit more negative. But I think he's good enough to keep around and try to build some talent, and see what he can do if we get enough talent around him. I would rather have a world-beater at QB (Wentz, Wilson, Watson, etc), but they aren't easy to find.

I feel like if they bring back Marv and PA this franchise is screwed for the foreseeable future.

Marv and PA should be gone even if we win a Playoff game. They have mailed in two seasons in a row with their ineptitude.

With a decent Head Coach that is not a Steelers fan and an Offensive Line coach that can coach up his O-line we would be one
of the best teams in the NFL is what i truly believe. We are not that far off from being a contender as long as the O-line is fixed.
Reply/Quote
We are 6-0 vs the browns over the last 2.5 seasons

And 10-20-1 vs the rest of the NFL

We need to stop wasting picks on mediocre skill players like Gio, Boyd, Ross, Hill, etc.

2 of their first 3 picks next year need to be OL. The other linebacker.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 02:24 PM)thillan Wrote: I'm a bit torn. This team really has a tendency to go 8-8, and end up missing the playoffs, but get a middling draft pick.

I know it isn't best to WANT your team to lose, but I really did. Because now I fear Lewis is signed again, we get a pick around 12-16 range, and now we are talking playoffs again. I'm excited for some of the young talent we have, but I'm a bit tired of such mediocrity.

So how do you feel? I still do enjoy seeing this team do good obviously, and I watch them every single week. But I wonder if we should've blown it up to make room for the possibility of better things in the future.

I think I've also changed my mind on Dalton. I was 50/50 on him before, and probably a bit more negative. But I think he's good enough to keep around and try to build some talent, and see what he can do if we get enough talent around him. I would rather have a world-beater at QB (Wentz, Wilson, Watson, etc), but they aren't easy to find.
you want to know how I feel when I got up Monday.How does it feel Bengal fans knowing for sure you are about to get embarrassed once a fu---ing agains on national tv to get your ass handed to you again because we have a horrible coach and an even worse staff by the way it all starts with this coach and staff. 49 years of insanity and I have been here for all of it.Its just insane to live in a city knowing everyyear your football is going to SUCK and suck big because they never beat the steelers when it counts,the penalties will be unreal,and they cannot stop the run or tightends.For Paul Alexander to still have a job here after 25 years of this should tell all of you one thing.Its just crazy.For him to go with this O-line after training camp should tell all of us how stupid this guy is.They let super studs walk,like whit,sanu,jones,zeitler and on and on.  I did not renew my season tickets and never will.I will stay at home and so should all of you.

I like Dalton,but he is not the answer.No Leadership.average qb.I would draft Baker Mayfield NOW. Fire marvin and the whole staff.I am telling all of you.As long as fans go and watch this crap at pbs,nothing will change.I sometimes thinkwe are being punished here in the nati.so so long with nothing but insanity.
Reply/Quote

you want to know how I feel when I got up Monday.How does it feel Bengal fans knowing for sure you are about to get embarrassed once a fu---ing agains on national tv to get your ass handed to you again because we have a horrible coach and an even worse staff by the way it all starts with this coach and staff. 49 years of insanity and I have been here for all of it.Its just insane to live in a city knowing everyyear your football is going to SUCK and suck big because they never beat the steelers when it counts,the penalties will be unreal,and they cannot stop the run or tightends.For Paul Alexander to still have a job here after 25 years of this should tell all of you one thing.Its just crazy.For him to go with this O-line after training camp should tell all of us how stupid this guy is.They let super studs walk,like whit,sanu,jones,zeitler and on and on.  I did not renew my season tickets and never will.I will stay at home and so should all of you.

I like Dalton,but he is not the answer.No Leadership.average qb.I would draft Baker Mayfield NOW. Fire marvin and the whole staff.I am telling all of you.As long as fans go and watch this crap at pbs,nothing will change.I sometimes thinkwe are being punished here in the nati.so so long with nothing but insanity.
Reply/Quote
I’ve been indifferent the last few games but I’ll be cheering hard against the Steelers from section 132 row 3.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 06:22 PM)TBStripeHype Wrote: We are 6-0 vs the browns over the last 2.5 seasons

And 10-20-1 vs the rest of the NFL

We need to stop wasting picks on mediocre skill players like Gio, Boyd, Ross, Hill, etc.  

2 of their first 3 picks next year need to be OL.  The other linebacker.

Gio and Ross are not mediocre skill players, i bet these guys would be stars in New England.

Our problem is our coaches, not our players.

We need to start putting some value in the Center position and draft one early.
Reply/Quote
We need a bulldozer at center.
Reply/Quote