Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
How does Taylor stack up to worst coaches in NFL history?
(10-14-2020, 12:22 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 Fred, set aside your numbers for a second. What's your eye test tell you??

E
 JHG
YWMLN
JIGHBWO
WPXMLPNQI
MDKSPEIBAZL
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 10:00 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In saying stats can be misused.  Elway didn't win his first SB until he was 37 so clearly we gave up on Dalton too soon and drafting Burrow was a mistake. 

If ZT can be a HC with 4 super bowls Dalton can be Elway. 

Did Elway fail to win any playoff games before he turned 33?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 10:33 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did Elway fail to win any playoff games before he turned 33?

It does not matter.

If Dalton had won a playoff game here the whiners would have said "Nothing matters but Championships.  Celebrating a playoff win is just accepting mediocrity."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Through first 21 games

Taylor..............3-17-1
Tom Landry......4-16-1
Chuck Knoll.......4-17-0
Bill Parcells.........6-14-1

How many of these guys didn't get fired from the team they had these records at in years 2-3?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 10:42 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: How many of these guys didn't get fired from the team they had these records at in years 2-3?

All of them stayed with their original teams and won multiple Super Bowls with them.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 02:26 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Dont worry we’ve got 5 more years for him to build his culture and make it happen

At my age, I give him 1.5 years. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 05:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think you're giving too much credit to Atkins and Green, but that's my opinion.
I think they might help add an extra win, maybe two.
But this team still has a bad OL and are still bad at stopping the run and rushing the passer even if they were back to normal.
They are averaging 1.8 sacks per game this year and averaged 1.9 sacks per game last year.
They are 29th rushing defense in terms of yards, last in league last year.

I find the lack of faith disturbing.

Zachariah has a plan in place. It's been nearly flawless in his short time here. 

Zac is to NFL coaching success what the Flowbee was to home hair cutting.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Through first 21 games

Taylor..............3-17-1
Tom Landry......4-16-1
Chuck Knoll.......4-17-0
Bill Parcells.........6-14-1

Please don't compare Taylor to HoF coaches. It's insulting!

The difference between them is obvious and it's not just about their starting records.

Landry started an expansion team with nothing, no free agency, no extra draft picks, just scraps other teams didn't want.

Knoll took over a perianal losing team and changed it forever.

Parcells also took over perianal loser and created a very dominate team. He put together a great staff.

Taylor took over a team with 6 wins and has made it worse even though he has been given way more than Mike Brown has given any coach since he inherited the team and named himself GM.

Reply/Quote
Well, Zac joined Jon Gruden as the only coaches in the last quarter century to kick a FG in the final minute of a game to avoid a shutout...so, there's that.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 10:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote:   E
 JHG
YWMLN
JIGHBWO
WPXMLPNQI
MDKSPEIBAZL
Yep, exactly what I thought...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 10:33 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did Elway fail to win any playoff games before he turned 33?

He would have if he had agreed to play for the Dolts!

(10-14-2020, 02:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, Zac joined Jon Gruden as the only coaches in the last quarter century to kick a FG in the final minute of a game to avoid a shutout...so, there's that.  Ninja

I was wondering if he was playing for a non-shutout but pointless FG on the final drive, but it was mostly in a joking manner.  My take is that going for a meaningless FG to avoid a shutout is the sort of move that you think is going to take pressure off but ends up putting more pressure on you because it gets people wondering why you're trying to put up a paper-thin facade.  

Kicking a FG to avoid a shutout is like a kid walking around loudly declaring that he "totally didn't crap his pants!" while crap falls out of his pantleg...or something.  This post sucks, but I'm not deleting it.
Reply/Quote