Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good is Tee Higgin really?
(04-06-2024, 09:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: Pickens, Johnson, and Flowers are also arguably better.

Dionte Johnson isn't in our Division anymore.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 09:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: Pickens, Johnson, and Flowers are also arguably better.

I'm gonna need somebody to lay out the argument that Zay Flowers is a better WR than Tee Higgins. The other two are pretty questionable as well, but I can't even wrap my head around Zay Flowers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Johnson is on the Panthers now.

Pickens you might be able to make a case for, but Tee is ahead of Flowers as of now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 09:27 PM)jason Wrote: I'm gonna need somebody to lay out the argument that Zay Flowers is a better WR than Tee Higgins. The other two are pretty questionable as well, but I can't even wrap my head around Zay Flowers.

Yeah I have to agree here.

Flowers year 1 was 77 receptions 858 yards and 5 touchdowns.

Tee’s first year was 67 receptions 908 yards and 6 touchdowns.

This early in Flowers’ career it would be a stretch, at least for me, to say he’s better than Tee.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 12:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: But they can structure Higgins' deal so that he has a low cap hit the first few years, then trade him after it balloons to keep the band together for a few more years.  Or massively front load it before Chase's extension really kicks in.  

Beyond that, they've publicly said they'd trade him and there's not a whisper of interest from around the league.

It’s probably less about the structure and more about the guarantee and the cash the team has to escrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 10:35 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Yeah I have to agree here.

Flowers year 1 was 77 receptions 858 yards and 5 touchdowns.

Tee’s first year was 67 receptions 908 yards and 6 touchdowns.

This early in Flowers’ career it would be a stretch, at least for me, to say he’s better than Tee.

Tee Higgins rookie year is much more impressive 
Than Zay Flowers rookie season 
Tee Higgins came into a offense with a rookie QB
Bottom 5 NFL oline. Oh yeah Covid meant no OTAs etc 
Then JB misses last 6 games. How many QBs did 
Higgins Have throwing to him his rookie year? 
Zay Flowers was drafted into a offense with a top 10
Offensive line. Top 10 NFL QB proven offensive mind 
In Todd Monken 
Yet Tee still put better numbers than Zay. 
Reply/Quote
I don't want the Bengals to franchise Tee. I'd rather they take his franchise $ and sign Connor Williams to a 3-year deal, then get a 2025 comp for him.

But I'm not going to try to suggest he's not a top WR in the NFL. I've posted numbers before as to what Tee does without JaMarr on the field and it's very good.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't want the Bengals to franchise Tee. I'd rather they take his franchise $ and sign Connor Williams to a 3-year deal, then get a 2025 comp for him.

But I'm not going to try to suggest he's not a top WR in the NFL. I've posted numbers before as to what Tee does without JaMarr on the field and it's very good.

Connor Williams is a Free Agent. We can get him after the Draft and hope his injuries are behind him.
Reply/Quote