Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is Carlos Dunlap Still Here?
(10-27-2020, 02:18 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If this is Burrows team, he needs to go to the front office and tell them to remove Dunlop from the team. No one wants to play with that cancer in the locker room.

I hope Burrow does this or starts doing this soon. Like yesterday

Players asking MB to do stuff has never ended well, has it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess his house didn't sell....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Looks like Everson G was got for "only" a 6 round pick.

Age and recent production equal (age) better (production) then Dunlaps.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I don't understand some of you at all.

Everyone bashes the coaching and management. And rightfully so. They suck.

But when a veteran player that's been one of the few bright spots over the last few years does it hes wrong and needs to be removed.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 06:11 PM)motoarch Wrote: I don't understand some of you at all.

Everyone bashes the coaching and management.  And rightfully so.  They suck.

But when a veteran player that's been one of the few bright spots over the last few years does it hes wrong and needs to be removed.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.  But just in case you're not being sarcastic, here's your answer:

None of us team employees.  None of us are making 12.8 million dollars this year, with checks signed by Mike Brown.

It's different for a fan or media member to call out or to question coaching decisions.  It's another thing entirely for an employee to do it.  And not only call out your coaches (supervisors), but to throw your others teammates under the bus in the process.

And it would be one thing if he let his frustration get the better of him once and made a disgruntled comment.  But to do it over, and over, and over again.  He's beating that horse into a pile of dust.

From a professional standpoint, everything he's doing is just plain wrong.  And the fact he was once a "bright spot" doesn't absolve him of this fact.  He's acting like a spoiled brat.
Reply/Quote
How they can justify keeping him on the roster I have no idea ?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 06:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How they can justify keeping him on the roster I have no idea ?

Because getting rid of him is a reward.  Sucks, but that's the way it is.  
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 06:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Because getting rid of him is a reward.  Sucks, but that's the way it is.  

I know but it just doesn't make sense to me, at all. You make the entire rest of the team suffer with a whiny 13 year old girl on the team.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 06:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I know but it just doesn't make sense to me, at all. You make the entire rest of the team suffer with a whiny 13 year old girl on the team.

I hear ya.  It makes sense in a sad way, though.  We aren't good enough for people to want to stay in their lane for fear of getting the boot. 
Reply/Quote
I see many possible answers:

1) His trade value is nil. Poor play plus malcontent plus large salary with another year left (though only $2 mil or so dead cap) plus COVID hurting revenues. Only hope is getting another malcontent with an even worse contract.

2) We can save $10 mil by cutting him next year.

3) Mike Brown does not like to reward players that undermine the team. Unless we get blown away by a trade offer, they'll just bury him on the bench/inactive list. Maybe a better offer comes in the offseason or a malcontent swap becomes possible.

4) Also possible that things are better in private than public (unlikely) & they are hoping to repair things to the point he can show well for a game & then we can trade him for something.

5) Perhaps Lou may be on the outs soon and ownership thinks a new DC could mend things.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 06:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I can't tell if you're being serious or not.  But just in case you're not being sarcastic, here's your answer:

None of us team employees.  None of us are making 12.8 million dollars this year, with checks signed by Mike Brown.

It's different for a fan or media member to call out or to question coaching decisions.  It's another thing entirely for an employee to do it.  And not only call out your coaches (supervisors), but to throw your others teammates under the bus in the process.

And it would be one thing if he let his frustration get the better of him once and made a disgruntled comment.  But to do it over, and over, and over again.  He's beating that horse into a pile of dust.

From a professional standpoint, everything he's doing is just plain wrong.  And the fact he was once a "bright spot" doesn't absolve him of this fact.  He's acting like a spoiled brat.
So because mike brown pays him he can't say zac taylors an idiot.

That's not how any of this works.

So many flaws in your logic I'm not going to even bother.

Have your feelings about this.  He's not necessarily wrong though.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 01:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They say JJ Watt is disgruntled and making noise in Texas. Maybe a straight up washed up DE for another washed up DE and a change of scenery would do them both good.

Lol.. Ya right. JJ watt washed up is better than Carlos at his best. Watt was defensive player of the year. Carlos was never even close to that. He was average/ good...
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 06:11 PM)motoarch Wrote: I don't understand some of you at all.

Everyone bashes the coaching and management. And rightfully so. They suck.

Agreed, but he was going after a coach on the sidelines before the game was over, and theoretically we could've still won. It's time to go now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We cannot cut Carlos. His dead cap is more than his cap.

Nobody wants to give anything for an expensive, unproductive, malcontent.

Move him to the PS and if someone snags him, great.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 08:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We cannot cut Carlos. His dead cap is more than his cap.

Nobody wants to give anything for an expensive, unproductive, malcontent.

Move him to the PS and if someone snags him, great.

He to cut him to get him to the PS...
Reply/Quote
Come on, guy! I am not surprised in the least and I'm not even that smart. Eventually? Maybe. But this team can't do anything quick or correct.

Give away Carlos, as long as whatever team takes Lou and Taylor, as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 08:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He to cut him to get him to the PS...

I thought about that as I typed it; but I know they've massaged the PS rules this year.

If we do have to cut him, just give him the TO treatment. Go home and stay away. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 07:27 PM)Tony Wrote: Lol.. Ya right. JJ watt washed up is better than Carlos at his best. Watt was defensive player of the year. Carlos was never even close to that. He was average/ good...
Agreed that Watt is a lot better than Dunlap but Dunlap has been a great player for the Bengals for the last decade.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Well Everson Griffin was just traded to the Lions for a conditional 6th round pick.

Can't see Dunlop with his attitude and salary bringing back anything more then that.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-trading-de-everson-griffen-to-lions-for-conditional-sixth-round-pick

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Honestly, they didn't cut Glenn last year. I don't see them cutting Dunlap. I don't think they even trade him. They will just hang onto him and then attempt to trade him in the offseason before cutting him because no one will trade for him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote