Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long before hill is cut?
(05-04-2017, 12:23 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hill won't be cut, but he also won't be resigned. Hobson made the point when talking about Zeitler. The Bengals budget plan that doesn't pay guards also only pays one RB big money and that's going to Gio for the next couple of years.

$5 million per year for a RB is hardly big money.

That being said, it would be stupid to cut Hill.  What happens if Mixon gets banged up?  Then what do we have?
Reply/Quote
Better question is how long before Hill starts whining about his lack of carries? Had such high hopes for Hill after his rookie season. Now looking like the Pittsburgh fumble will be his legacy with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I think Hill will have a big year...I will love the production, but it will also piss me off that he only produces when he has to.
Reply/Quote
Losing burkhead and gio coming off injury means hill will be here this year. No doubt.

After his year, consider him gone. Just would suck if he goes to Ravens or another afcn team. I could see him running through bengals d, similar to Jamal Lewis.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He will be re-signed. As I've said before, 1,000 yard + season.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 12:23 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hill won't be cut, but he also won't be resigned. Hobson made the point when talking about Zeitler. The Bengals budget plan that doesn't pay guards also only pays one RB big money and that's going to Gio for the next couple of years.

Niether Gio nor Hill have earned a big contract from us as of yet.

Gio because of injury history and inability to be a 3 down back, and Hill because he fumbles in the clutch and isn't good at finding holes in our blocking scheme
Reply/Quote
Umm, just spitballing here, but maybe we should see how mixon does in blitz pickup and how well gio is healing before we even consider cutting hill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 05:16 PM)Housh Wrote: Niether Gio nor Hill have earned a big contract from us as of yet.

Gio because of injury history and inability to be a 3 down back, and Hill because he fumbles in the clutch and isn't good at finding holes in our blocking scheme

Second person responding to me thinking I made the claim that Gio is being paid big money. I'm not, Hobson is. It was his statement that the Bengsls won't pay Hill because they are already paying Gio. "Big Money" for a RB these days is anything over $3 mill.
Reply/Quote
Hill won't be cut this season. But he may well not be offered a contract next season, unless he quits thinking he's a scat back and starts hitting the holes with authority. And/or Mixon sets the world on fire.
Reply/Quote
I don't think he'll be cut but if he wants to play, he'd better rediscover his A game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 12:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like Gio, but what has he ever done to earn big money? 

Nothing! And he wasn't doing all that well before he was injured either.

People keep pointing at Hill, but I tell you the O-line run blocked horribly last year.

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 05:16 PM)Housh Wrote: Niether Gio nor Hill have earned a big contract from us as of yet.

(05-05-2017, 09:12 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Nothing! And he wasn't doing all that well before he was injured either.

(05-04-2017, 12:56 PM)jason Wrote: Seems like it's been years since he's made a splash play... Like 2014 or so.

Again for those who missed it

(05-04-2017, 08:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Gio is the tenth highest paid RB in the leaghue this year (based on average yearly salary)

When he got that contract he had just finished the 2015 season where he was top 10 in yards per carry (4.7) and yards from scrimmage by a RB (1202).  Plus he was a lot younger than many of the RBs that finished ahead of him that year.  Also e had produced at least 1000 yards from scrimmage every season in his career.

The contract he received was fair based on his age and accomplishments at that time.
Reply/Quote
They aren't cutting Hill.

They aren't cutting Bernard.

They aren't starting Mixon. At least not at the start of the year.

They aren't resigning Hill.

They ARE moving on with Mixon (rookie salary & huge potential) and Bernard (strong, complimentary player, big salary for the position). No question.

This isn't 2004. The RB position is different now across the league and the Bengals are much different in terms of roster makeup and how they approach the salary cap. Hill is staying through his rookie deal and moving on.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 08:57 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Hill won't get cut. He'll most likely have a reduced role, play out his rookie contract and leave in free agency. The only running back that's getting cut is Cedric Peerman, drafting Wilson made Peerman expendable.

Wilson is listed as a Safety... he will take Fej's spot and I still think Peerman gets cut because I think "BOOM" williams will make the team.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 08:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hill won't be cut this season. But he may well not be offered a contract next season, unless he quits thinking he's a scat back and starts hitting the holes with authority. And/or Mixon sets the world on fire.

This.

Hill needs to stop tap dancing at the line.  

I know it shouldn't bother me now but that fumble against Pittsburgh during the playoffs still bothers me.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I think whenever Gio is ready, Hill's days as a Bengal will be numbered.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 06:39 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think whenever Gio is ready, Hill's days as a Bengal will be numbered.

[Image: ts?FORMAT=image%2Fpng&KEY=83D29C352B477F...HEIGHT=200]

[Image: MD%20IMG_2845.JPG]

Reply/Quote
Okay, that's funny. A touch morbid, but funny!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Unless one of these Undrafted free agents wins a spot in camp I can't see them cutting him. he will end up as the third string guy or rotational back until he fumbles and loses us a game then he's riding wood

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 03:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This.

Hill needs to stop tap dancing at the line.  

I know it shouldn't bother me now but that fumble against Pittsburgh during the playoffs still bothers me.  

How could it not.  The team fought so hard to get to that point and vontaze burfict comes up with the perfect play.  The ol fumbles mc dumb ass turns it over.  That game fundamentally changed me as a football fan and no one can convince me that certain teams aren't favored by the nfl brass and the refs hand them games.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote