Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many and what kind of pets?
How many and what kind of pets do you have?

We have 3 cats, a tuxedo, a black, and an orange tabby, all male, the black and tabby are litter mates.

We also have 3 Great Danes, a 3 year old black female, a 1.5 year old brindle male and an almost 11 week old black male.
Reply/Quote
I hate cats but we've got two. And I hate both.

Two dogs, one super mutt and one Australian Shepherd / border collie. Love em both.

And a bearded dragon. He's cool.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have 5 dogs a Brittany Spaniel (17), Chocolate Lab (12), Beagle (9), Cocker Spaniel (6), and a Cocker Brittany Spaniel mix (2).

I have 14 cats at this moment eight of them are kittens. I have 2 rabbits, 2 horses, and does cattle count? I have 11 lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I have never gone out and purchased a pet but have had 5 to my total, all cats. Louis was the first. He was a gift from my parents. Then came Tiger. She was a gift from someone at work..part of a litter. I then changed jobs which involved working in people's houses. Along came Maxine, who basically befriended me as a small kitty desperate for a home. After checking with the neighbors, none of which knew where she came from, I picked her up and took her home. Louis lived to be 17, Tiger 17, and Maxine died at 12 from cancer. All 3 at one time were total indoor pets in my house, lined up eating together, etc. Easiest pets ever. Self sufficient. Litter box in the basement and they did the rest.

I then went 2 years petless. But then came Alex. He was a giveaway from a customer at another home I was working in. A year later came Cole. Another kitten rescue of sorts, lost of mother and homeless. I knocked on doors as such looking for his owner until I found the lady who had been feeding him. She said she tried to take him into her house, but she already had 3 dogs and 4 cats, and the hubby said get that thing out. Ha. Anyway, that's where I am at now. Two male cats, Cole and Alex. Funny thing is I grew up with dogs and disliked cats.
Reply/Quote
1 100lb+ Dog (Pointer/pitt Mix).... that has anxiety issues.

Previously have had a few cats (3)
And a Blue Heeler (I had from age 1ish to when she passed at age 14.5)
Reply/Quote
2 adopted black cats and an adopted black lab.

Didn't want any of them to start, but they grew on me.
Reply/Quote
A Jack Russell & a Beagle.
Reply/Quote
We have 2 cats. An orange tabby named Dalton. Except we call him Teeth, which is how I came up with my username way back on the old board. And a black cat named Lucky, because black cats are supposed to bring, luck. Cool
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
There used to be more pets, but we're down to one cat. She's black with white and gold flecks. And, she's staring at me as I type this.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
1 Boxer. I've had a Boxer for over 25 years.

1 Border Collie. The Boxer wanted a puppy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 10:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1 Boxer. I've had a Boxer for over 25 years.

1 Border Collie. The Boxer wanted a puppy.

We might get a Boxer one day.  Our first dog was a Dane/Boxer mix and he was great dog.
Reply/Quote
5 black labs, 1 beagle at the house. Out at my farm, I have 2 mini asses and I finally got my dream girls, 2 mules!
Reply/Quote
One dog. Shit-Tzu Poodle. Been with me for 14 years. He’s got my back and I got his. But he’s slowing down lately. Don’t know what I’m going to do when that day comes for me. Probably cry like a little schoolgirl.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 07:43 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: We might get a Boxer one day.  Our first dog was a Dane/Boxer mix and he was great dog.

I've had 3 but never 2 at a time. They are amazing. My current one wipes his feet on the rug when he comes in. I say "feet, feet, feet..." and he walks around on the rug until I say OK

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 10:37 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: One dog.  Shit-Tzu Poodle. Been with me for 14 years.  He’s got my back and I got his. But he’s slowing down lately.  Don’t know what I’m going to do when that day comes for me.  Probably cry like a little schoolgirl.

We recently lost a Cocker Spaniel (one of the Boxer's puppies) from old age. My advise: Once you realize you're keeping him around for you instead of him, say goodbye. There are "great" ways to do it. 

Reply/Quote
Down to one....a Walker Coonhound. Smart, but stubborn girl....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
When I lived with my parents, we had a German Shorthaired Pointer/Springer Spaniel named Baggio for 4 years (1995-1999), then gave him away to a farm near Ottawa, as my sister lost interest in the pet (as she did with her Hermit Crabs a few years prior, but that's a different story...).

My sister then brought home Angel (1998, which prompted us to give Baggio away), a Calico runt of the litter (she was 3-5 months old or so), but awesome cat. She lived to be 19 and passed in 2017. There was almost always an intestinal tract of a vole or mouse on our back patio, when we'd wake up in the morning; a hunting machine.

My sister then did Co-Op at the Toronto Humane Society and took home Donovan, a one-eyed (why she took him home, as those animals rarely get adopted), long-haired ginger and white cat, in 2002. He passed in March of this year and had diabetes for the past 2 years.

I got 4 Green Terrors (supposed to be Blue Acaras) and 2 Nicaragua Cichlids in 2002 (September 11th, actually) and had them for nearly 10 years; my big, male GT was the pride and joy of my tank; I used to pet him and feed him by hand.

In 2011, my sister got (as her wedding gift from her ex-husband) a ginger kitten named Corey. By far the most-lively and fun of the 3 cats we had, he was killed and mutilated by either a coyote or a weasel in 2015, when we moved a bit north. Super sad and my sister's fault (she moved back in with us after divorcing) he got killed...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
...Which brings us to 2017, we flew in a Bolognese puppy from Ottawa (when my wife and I were living in Calgary), who we named Coco and she is just the most wonderful, loyal and friendly dog... though she has her flaws too lol. We saw her a day after she was born (via webcam) and watched her grow, until she came to us at 12 weeks. I've NEVER been a fan of small dogs, but I'll always make an exception for her :)

Which brings us to 2017, we flew in a Bolognese puppy from Ottawa (when my wife and I were living in Calgary), who we named Coco and she is just the most wonderful, loyal and friendly dog... though she has her flaws too lol. We saw her a day after she was born (via webcam) and watched her grow, until she came to us at 12 weeks. I've NEVER been a fan of small dogs, but I'll always make an exception for her :)

So yeah; past, 1 dog, 3 cats, dozens of fish (they bred... frequently lol). Current, 1 dog.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Does a 2 week old kid count as a pet?

I mean....he checks all the boxes: Poop, pee, sleep, eat repeat. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 10:37 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: One dog.  Shit-Tzu Poodle. Been with me for 14 years.  He’s got my back and I got his. But he’s slowing down lately.  Don’t know what I’m going to do when that day comes for me.  Probably cry like a little schoolgirl.
its a sad time to be sure.

But don't let it stop you from giving a wonderful life to another.
Reply/Quote