Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many owners would keep a coach who hasn't won a playoff game in 16 years?
How many owners would keep a GM who hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years?

How many owners would keep a coach who hasn't won a playoff game in 16+ years and was 0-7 in the playoffs. Some of those losses being with a superior roster? How many owners would keep a coach who is owned by the Steelers?
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The longest leash I would give a coach is five years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately for us, only one.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
I assume this thread is rhetorical?

Ebenezer’s plan is so close to fruition though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Only the best owner and GM In the NFL. No one else has the balls to stand up to the fans and other owners and laugh all the way to the bank.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:05 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How many owners would keep a GM who hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years?

How many owners would keep a coach who hasn't won a playoff game in 16+ years and was 0-7 in the playoffs. Some of those losses being with a superior roster? How many owners would keep a coach who is owned by the Steelers?

This Guy

[Image: Mike-Brown-Trophy-Case.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: Unfortunately for us, only one.

There in lies the issue. Organizational culture is determined by what you allow to go on.

Keeping a coach that can't win a playoff game shows it's ok to not win a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:47 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There in lies the issue. Organizational culture is determined by what you allow to go on.

Keeping a coach that can't win a playoff game shows it's ok to not win a playoff game.

Yep, we can blame players all we want....and a lot do.....but what kind of message is being sent?  Do your job?  Well hell, the owner hasn't during his entire tenure....lame duck coaches get to stick around for 25 years....go elsewhere, and make it 8 weeks!

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, we can blame players all we want....and a lot do.....but what kind of message is being sent?  Do your job?  Well hell, the owner hasn't during his entire tenure....lame duck coaches get to stick around for 25 years....go elsewhere, and make it 8 weeks!

You make a very good point here and again I will use the business analogy. If an owner/manager is demanding certain actions from staff but he himself is not respected (due to incompetence or lack of accountability or whatever) then the message just trails off....it means nothing. ML yelling 'be a pro and do your job' is meaningless when the players are thinking that Mike Brown should 'do his job a s pro team owner'. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, we can blame players all we want....and a lot do.....but what kind of message is being sent?  Do your job?  Well hell, the owner hasn't during his entire tenure....lame duck coaches get to stick around for 25 years....go elsewhere, and make it 8 weeks!

Honestly, IF Marvin was hired by the Steelers...he probably wins a Super Bowl or 2.

IF Tomlin is hired here, he probably has similar results.

The Steelers have a winning culture. You assimilate players in and they have swagger on defense just by putting those uniforms on. Here, a guy like Malik Jefferson rides the bench as a rookie. There, he's seeing snaps and probably making plays.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:06 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: You make a very good point here and again I will use the business analogy. If an owner/manager is demanding certain actions from staff but he himself is not respected (due to incompetence or lack of accountability or whatever) then the message just trails off....it means nothing. ML yelling 'be a pro and do your job' is meaningless when the players are thinking that Mike Brown should 'do his job a s pro team owner'. 

I agree 100%, a lot of parallels between managing a business and a sports team.

(11-26-2018, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, IF Marvin was hired by the Steelers...he probably wins a Super Bowl or 2.

The Steelers have a winning culture. You assimilate players in and they have swagger on defense just by putting those uniforms on. Here, a guy like Malik Jefferson rides the bench as a rookie. There, he's seeing snaps and probably making plays.

You're probably right.....at least I KNOW Omar Epps wouldn't win shit here.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree 100%, a lot of parallels between managing a business and a sports team.

You're probably right.....at least I KNOW Omar Epps wouldn't win shit here.

Really, we've seen 26+ years of evidence that this management team can't win a playoff game.

We're all holding Enron Stock hoping that it comes up in value.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, IF Marvin was hired by the Steelers...he probably wins a Super Bowl or 2.

Pretty spot on!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Pretty spot on!

The links are now gone, but why wasn't Coughlin our Head Coach?

Coughlin presented an action plan to the Bengals detailing changes he would like to make in the front office. He apparently wants to increase the size of the football support staff - scouting and personnel - from the current 4 1/2 to at least the low end of the league average, 11.

Coughlin, the former Jacksonville Jaguars coach who was fired Dec. 30, left Cincinnati without an agreement to become the ninth coach in Bengals history. People close to Coughlin said Thursday that the size of the personnel department could be a potential deal-breaker, and that Coughlin probably wouldn't take a job without the resources he thinks he needs to win.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:06 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: You make a very good point here and again I will use the business analogy. If an owner/manager is demanding certain actions from staff but he himself is not respected (due to incompetence or lack of accountability or whatever) then the message just trails off....it means nothing. ML yelling 'be a pro and do your job' is meaningless when the players are thinking that Mike Brown should 'do his job a s pro team owner'. 

You may have a handful of the players that think this way, but for most of the roster, MB doing his job means replacing them with a better player.  Generally speaking, people with this kind of an attitude lack accountability themselves, and are constantly looking to point the finger at others.
Reply/Quote
This is unprecedented territory...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
If the Cincinnati Bengals are actually considering making Hue Jackson the head coach in 2019, remember Hue Jackson has won as many games in his entire head coaching career as Marvin Lewis did in 2005 alone.

I’m not defending Marvin — he has to go now — but to make Hue Jackson head coach would be the second dumbest move in Bengal history..
Reply/Quote
Hue might be the only nfl level coach willing to come here, as long as Mike is in charge. After that, it would be a Dave Shula type.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote