Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many waitresses have you dated in your life?
I find it's tough to differentiate between someone being friendly and more. My best date propositions have come from people I barely knew, or first chance encounter, anything longer than it falls into a friendzone.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 01:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I find it's tough to differentiate between someone being friendly and more. My best date propositions have come from people I barely knew, or first chance encounter, anything longer than it falls into a friendzone.

waitresses are usually nice/flirty to help with tips...

If your trying to figure out if they are into you try talking to them when they are off the clock.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 01:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: My best date propositions have come from people I barely knew, or first chance encounter, anything longer than it falls into a friendzone.

I don't want to sound mean, but you need to look at the reason for this.

I was never a really handsome or wealthy guy, so my first impressions on women were rarely that impressive.  I have always had to work to charm women.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 01:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I find it's tough to differentiate between someone being friendly and more. My best date propositions have come from people I barely knew, or first chance encounter, anything longer than it falls into a friendzone.

Waitresses and bartenders are wrapped into one. They have heard everything and even if one was sincere, what’s the odds of a long term relationship when you have so much competition every time they leave the house? Their job is to be friendly and are often thought of as attractive because by the time we encounter through our stressful lives, a smile from someone goes a long way.

Try to score a meter maid or greeter at Walmart. No competition there. Hilarious

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
dated a few waitresses back in the day but never met any of them where they worked unless I worked there too. Never met one as a customer.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
You know who was always extra friendly with me?

Strippers.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:59 PM)McC Wrote: dated a few waitresses back in the day but never met any of them where they worked unless I worked there too.   Never met one as a customer.

I dated a waitress way back in the day but I didn't meet her at the restaurant either. I went there a couple times while we were dating, she got good tips.
Reply/Quote
Most waitresses and bartenders that I knew or dated liked to party like strippers, after hours. But then again, most of my experience with them was during my divorced years, at the beach.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
One, but not for long.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 03:13 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: One, but not for long.

Wouldnt make you a sammich?

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You know who was always extra friendly with me?

Strippers.

I've baggged a couple if those in my day. It's certainly nothing to brag about, but I did.

I hadn't been to a strip club since I got married. About 6 months ago I went to one (I'm divorced now) on a whim. I couldn't get them to leave me alone fast enough. It's a sad moment when you realize that you've outgrown strip clubs... And 20 something year old women in general.

As to the OP... Zero waitresses on my pistol.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don't like the way some people here seem to be deingrating waitresses. Lots of women (and men) make tons of money per hour waiting tables when they are in school.

I waited tables at a when I was in law school.

Not all waitresses are losers.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I waited tables at a __________ when I was in law school.

Not all waitresses are losers.

Multiple choice!

Fred waited tables at a:
1. Topless bar
2. Hooters for the blind
3. Waffle Hut
4. Chinese fusion taco truck
5. Jimmy's House of mustache Rides
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 03:03 PM)Benton Wrote: Multiple choice!

Fred waited tables at a:
1. Topless bar
2. Hooters for the blind
3. Waffle Hut

The very first Ruby Tuesdays.  Store #1. 

It was right by UT campus and it was more of a bar than a restaurant.  In fact they closed it because it did not fit the "corporate image".
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 11:48 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: waitresses are usually nice/flirty to help with tips...

If your trying to figure out if they are into you try talking to them when they are off the clock.

Yeah, I actually bothered her for about 15 minutes at closing and (after payment), she didn't seem to mind lol. I've talked to her for months actually but didn't ever look at her in that way for various reasons until recently for some reason. 

I dated what I considered the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, so it's not that I'm not confident if she likes me (or not, as if it would break my heart lol).

I had a horrible last year in my personal life so I think all of that has cleared up and I've started wanting to date women again lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 03:03 PM)Benton Wrote: Multiple choice!

Fred waited tables at a:
1. Topless bar
2. Hooters for the blind
3. Waffle Hut

Definitely the House of Mustache Rides........

But I can also see him working in a Waffle House too.  Especially that one on Lower Gay Street in DT Knoxville. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Update, I asked her out (her Dad is always literally within 2 ft of her, haha, makes it fun). She gave me the "I've been seeing someone the past couple months, we're seeing if it goes anywhere" line.

I think many beautiful women are "seeing if it goes anywhere" with someone and aren't "single" for long, anyway I took that as a rejection so I left. (if she's saying the truth or not lol)

IMO it doesn't take a couple months to know if you're into someone, at least for guys it's known after the 1st date. She's chasing someone I'd guess, but she knows where I stand now. I did give her a few funny compliments and gestures before asking her out, I didn't leave it in any awkward state where I couldn't go back there again, so I move on for now. Her Dad seems to love me, just a strange situation compared to normal lol.

I could just continue on like that conversation didn't happen and continue being nice, because I think she was feeling me out and I jumped the gun (based on "I'm seeing if it goes somewhere with someone else"), although the percentage chance of me being right with those thoughts is low lol, I also don't want some woman who is easily swayed, she'd have to show more interest in me later on.

My coworker years ago got up at lunch, approached a table of women, and he said "I find you attractive, what's your favorite dessert? I'd like to buy it for you." About a year later he slept with one of them - hah.

I've been online dating for a long time, it's deteriorated my skills in asking a "stranger" out in real life. It's embarrassing how many "Shannons" I have in my phone (maybe 20). I don't remember anything about them. Online dating is not good for you lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 12:22 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Update, I asked her out (her Dad is always literally within 2 ft of her, haha, makes it fun). She gave me the "I've been seeing someone the past couple months, we're seeing if it goes anywhere" line.

I think many beautiful women are "seeing if it goes anywhere" with someone and aren't "single" for long, anyway I took that as a rejection so I left. (if she's saying the truth or not lol)

IMO it doesn't take a couple months to know if you're into someone, at least for guys it's known after the 1st date. She's chasing someone I'd guess, but she knows where I stand now. I did give her a few funny compliments and gestures before asking her out, I didn't leave it in any awkward state where I couldn't go back there again, so I move on for now. Her Dad seems to love me, just a strange situation compared to normal lol.

I could just continue on like that conversation didn't happen and continue being nice, because I think she was feeling me out and I jumped the gun (based on "I'm seeing if it goes somewhere with someone else"), although the percentage chance of me being right with those thoughts is low lol, I also don't want some woman who is easily swayed, she'd have to show more interest in me later on.

My coworker years ago got up at lunch, approached a table of women, and he said "I find you attractive, what's your favorite dessert? I'd like to buy it for you." About a year later he slept with one of them - hah.

I've been online dating for a long time, it's deteriorated my skills in asking a "stranger" out in real life. It's embarrassing how many "Shannons" I have in my phone (maybe 20). I don't remember anything about them. Online dating is not good for you lol.

Good for you.  Unless you work with someone it is always better to ask than not.  It may make things seem a bit awkward in the future, but most women are flattered by being asked out even if they say "no".

Most of the biggest regrets in my life are over things I did NOT do instead of the things I did.
Reply/Quote
A few, sure.. They're like anyone else. There's nothing about waitresses that makes then unapproachable. They usually get dolled up a little more than the average customer or factory worker, but otherwise lead normal lives like the rest of us.
I think the mistake a lot of guys make is in thinking they HAVE to limit themselves to only one type of woman, either super hot or the other way around, not to hot because they themselves lack confidence to handle an attractive woman. My last partner was very beautiful, but has a brain like a house cat most of the time. The woman I'm with now is quite the opposite, heavy, not particularly a looker, but makes up for it with a very strong sense of herself and people around her. Had I kept limiting myself to only attractive women I wouldn't have meet her and probably not living in a nice home on a lake and ended up working like a dog every day just to get by. Neither one of us have to leave the house every day unless we want to. We both work from home and keep whatever hours we want which luckily includes being able to take afternoon naps whenever we want.. Wink 
The woman I'm with now knows a LOT of stuff, has been a scopist (cleans up court reporter's lousy court reporting) for over 40 years and handles all our legal issues and so on.. She can pull me out of my depression, appreciates me for who I am rather than just making silly demands over every petty little issue.
If you believe you HAVE to only have a drop dead gorgeous woman on your arm even into old age just know that you're in effect automatically eliminating at least 50% of every eligible wonderful women in your life... Looks only get you so far in a relationship. 

Enough of my old man ranting..  Wink
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.666MXlry70W0QpL568fQZgAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]

"I used to date a few of em' pal.  Those friggin' dingy broads never stopped yappin'...  so I told em' to stow it!!  The end."
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote