Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
How much if it is personnel and how much is coaching?
(01-07-2021, 01:20 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Taylor would actually have to be winning games to bring a championship.

How long do you wait for the winning games part? 4 years? 6 years? 10 years?

There won't be any fans left.

Agreed, games must be won in order to make the playoffs, and then playoff games must be won to bring a championship.  

This is ZT's final year.  He either shows us winning football or leaves.  To me it's that simple.  And I define winning football as a winning record.  I do not require playoffs next year, just a winning record (which should equal playoffs, but if 9-8 (17 games now) doesn't get in, I wouldn't fire him.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 03:21 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Is it still baffling, considering that the o-line wasn't even remotely consistent from a personnel perspective?

That was the decision making from coaches, constantly running Jordan, Redmond and Price out there, along with trying Johnson at guard which was a massive failure. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 03:24 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Agreed, games must be won in order to make the playoffs, and then playoff games must be won to bring a championship.  

This is ZT's final year.  He either shows us winning football or leaves.  To me it's that simple.  And I define winning football as a winning record.  I do not require playoffs next year, just a winning record (which should equal playoffs, but if 9-8 (17 games now) doesn't get in, I wouldn't fire him.

Why bother to keep the guy if you think next season is his last? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

I've already started seeing excuses being made for next season as the schedule is tougher. By the start of the season Taylor will have a dozen ready made excuses, starting with the schedule, then Burrow not being ready for training camp. LOL, anyone needing excuses for next season before this one is even over is a loser.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 01:59 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Why bother to keep the guy if you think next season is his last? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

I've already started seeing excuses being made for next season as the schedule is tougher. By the start of the season Taylor will have a dozen ready made excuses, starting with the schedule, then Burrow not being ready for training camp. LOL, anyone needing excuses for next season before this one is even over is a loser.

huh?  It was in your response to "How long do you wait for the winning games part? 4 years? 6 years? 10 years?"   I'm saying if he ain't winning next year (turning into winning team) then I'd say it may be time to move on.  He's had two years and has shown improvement in my eyes, so now it's a prove it year.  

I've not given any excuses for next year.  ZT has plenty of time to work on making sure this season starts well.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:06 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: huh?  It was in your response to "How long do you wait for the winning games part? 4 years? 6 years? 10 years?"   I'm saying if he ain't winning next year (turning into winning team) then I'd say it may be time to move on.  He's had two years and has shown improvement in my eyes, so now it's a prove it year.  

I've not given any excuses for next year.  ZT has plenty of time to work on making sure this season starts well.

You said it was going to be his final season.

If you actually feel that way, why bother keeping him? Are you hoping and praying something magical will happen and he'll sudden become good at his job?

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:17 AM)BengalChris Wrote: You said it was going to be his final season.

If you actually feel that way, why bother keeping him? Are you hoping and praying something magical will happen and he'll sudden become good at his job?

Man, you're just playing games with me.  I think you knew good and well it was in response to "how many years to win" which by "this is Zac's final season" I mean that I wouldn't give him another chance if he's not winning.  I of course continuedtinuted to explain that in the same response, you just didn't read it and/or are playing games with me.  
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:22 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Man, you're just playing games with me.  I think you knew good and well it was in response to "how many years to win" which by "this is Zac's final season" I mean that I wouldn't give him another chance if he's not winning.  I of course continuedtinuted to explain that in the same response, you just didn't read it and/or are playing games with me.  

Here's some news for you. The Bengals will not have a winning record in 2021. They'll win a few games, but they'll look pretty bad in several. We'll be having this same conversation in Jan 2022.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:28 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Here's some news for you. The Bengals will not have a winning record in 2021. They'll win a few games, but they'll look pretty bad in several. We'll be having this same conversation in Jan 2022.

Facts.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:28 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Here's some news for you. The Bengals will not have a winning record in 2021. They'll win a few games, but they'll look pretty bad in several. We'll be having this same conversation in Jan 2022.

Cool story.  I of course see a different future, but who knows!  Here’s hoping you’re wrong.  I’m not sure if you hope you’re wrong or not though.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Facts.

I feel like you must really hope for them to suck like BengalsChris.  I don’t understand that.  
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:32 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Cool story.  I of course see a different future, but who knows!  Here’s hoping you’re wrong.  I’m not sure if you hope you’re wrong or not though.

A gamblers illness. The next roll will be "the" roll I need. I can see it now! I'll be rich!

Sadly, it just doesn't work out that way in real life.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:39 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I feel like you must really hope for them to suck like BengalsChris.  I don’t understand that.  

I don't hope for them to suck at all. I just can see how it's going roll. It's been all talk, "New Dey", blah, blah, blah. But the "do" has been missing, oh so missing for the last two seasons.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:39 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I feel like you must really hope for them to suck like BengalsChris.  I don’t understand that.  

Here's what I want to know.  This is for you, SBBound, Sled, and whoever is DennyG's ghost (because lord knows I used to battle with him too much on the old mothership board and I see too much resembling his old posts in some of these...):

Is your optimism related specifically to Zac Taylor, or is it just wanting/hoping the best for the team?  I won't give any snark or reasons why it should be one or the other.  I just want to know.  For those who say Zac will turn the corner next year, why?  Is it because of him, or just wanting and hoping the best for the team next year?  I do believe there is a difference. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:46 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Here's what I want to know.  This is for you, SBBound, Sled, and whoever is DennyG's ghost (because lord knows I used to battle with him too much on the old mothership board and I see too much resembling his old posts in some of these...):

Is your optimism related specifically to Zac Taylor, or is it just wanting/hoping the best for the team?  I won't give any snark or reasons why it should be one or the other.  I just want to know.  For those who say Zac will turn the corner next year, why?  Is it because of him, or just wanting and hoping the best for the team next year?  I do believe there is a difference. 

There’s a huge difference, I agree.  For me, it’s wanting and hoping the best for the team next year, which in turn means Zac turns it around  and becomes what we wanted/needed when we replaced ML.  

I’m not afraid of snark, so snark away :) 

As you can likely tell, I’m not afraid to have the unpopular opinion, and I’m usually more than okay with the opposite one as long as it isn’t without any logic or reason at all.  I am one of those people that just needs to understand why something the way it is, and then usually I can accept it.  I used to get along with DennyG when I was a different name on the old boards.  Although believe it or not, he was obnoxiously optimistic without any obvious cause even to me.  And that should tell ya something right there, cuz I know my own stance is mind boggling to many of you.  LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:43 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't hope for them to suck at all. I just can see how it's going roll. It's been all talk, "New Dey", blah, blah, blah. But the "do" has been missing, oh so missing for the last two seasons.

Gotcha.  Well hopefully we can start making some positive moves (first up it appears coaches, then FA, then Draft) that maybe start exciting you a bit.  I hope for your sake you aren’t doom and gloom until next season starts, that’d suck for you!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 02:22 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Man, you're just playing games with me.  I think you knew good and well it was in response to "how many years to win" which by "this is Zac's final season" I mean that I wouldn't give him another chance if he's not winning.  I of course continuedtinuted to explain that in the same response, you just didn't read it and/or are playing games with me.  

He must be playing games.

How much easier can you explain it?

They are so invested in their opinion that ZT is a terrible coach that they would prefer him to fail so that they could be right.

I have read most of your post and they are very similar to mine. We just want ZT to get his chance before moving away from him.

If next year does not pass the eye test than they need to let him go.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:19 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: He must be playing games.

How much easier can you explain it?

They are so invested in their opinion that ZT is a terrible coach that they would prefer him to fail so that they could be right.

I have read most of your post and they are very similar to mine. We just want ZT to get his chance before moving away from him.

If next year does not pass the eye test than they need to let him go.

Thank you SBB!  Glad I’m not going crazy,  I even reread my posts a few times and just couldn’t figure out the disconnect.  

Exactly, we’re aligned.  Glad to know there are others.  I think there are actually a few others as well.  ONE OF US... ONE OF US. LOL
Reply/Quote
A lot of player changes were done from season 1, and the end result was almost the same. Sack the Zac needs to go along with his last minute coaches.
Reply/Quote
Hey guys, this isn't a big deal, but I just noticed that this thread was rated "One Star". I never really noticed thread ratings before, but is that an average of ratings? Was the thread really that awful a question? I thought it was interesting to get the group's perspective on which was more at fault.

Just curious.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 10:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hey guys, this isn't a big deal, but I just noticed that this thread was rated "One Star". I never really noticed thread ratings before, but is that an average of ratings? Was the thread really that awful a question? I thought it was interesting to get the group's perspective on which was more at fault.

Just curious.

I just bumped it up for you. I don’t think it’s a bad thread at all.

Reply/Quote