Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
How petty are the Democrats?
Evidently petty enough to vandalize the car of a stranger simply for being bold enough to sport a "Biden S***s" bumper sticker...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/democratic-state-senator-arrested-after-allegedly-keying-car-with-biden-sucks-sticker/ar-AA1ddvAP?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=679674f42824452b8fbbddfb8f5171aa&ei=15

Quote:A Democratic Rhode Island state senator is gaining national attention after a video of his arrest for allegedly keying a car with a "Biden sucks" sticker went viral on social media.

Rhode Island state Sen. Joshua Miller was arrested last week for allegedly scratching someone's car with an anti-President Joe Biden sticker.

On June 22, officers with the Cranston Police Department were dispatched around 3:39 p.m. to a call reporting that an SUV had been vandalized at the Garden City Center, according to the police report.

"The vehicle's owner and passenger stated that they parked near the Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream store and walked away from the vehicle to shop," the report read.

When they returned to the vehicle, they noticed something strange, the report noted.

"I heard a loud scratching noise, and, as I turned the corner, there he was with keys in his hand, facing the vehicle," a person appearing to be the vehicle's owner said in the viral police video.

Miller quickly walked away, but the supposed victim soon recognized a "Re-elect Senator Josh Miller" bumper sticker on the vehicle parked directly next to his, the report read.

The owner of the scratched car informed police he wished to file charges, and the search began.

"Approximately two hours later, Joshua Miller was observed wearing the same clothing except for his suit jacket, which was inside a bag he was carrying. He returned to his vehicle, which was parked directly next to where the victim had been parked," according to the police report.

An officer informed Miller that a crime was being investigated, and Miller denied the allegation and said the owner of the vehicle had threatened him.

"He was blocking my way, saying I scratched his car," Miller told police, referring to the owner of the vehicle, according to the video. "I didn't scratch his car. I'm a state senator. I think he recognized me. ... I think he's one of the gun nuts."

Miller also told the officer to contact a police colonel who would vouch for the threats against him before walking away.

Authorities reviewed surveillance footage that corroborated the vehicle owner's account and confronted Miller at his residence.

"Why would you key his car?" an officer asked, according to the viral video.

"Listen, he was threatening me already," Miller replied.

Eventually, Miller admitted to damaging the vehicle, police said.

"He then admitted he had damaged the vehicle because the owner had been yelling at him and 'dared him' to do it," the report read.

"Miller voluntarily responded to Cranston Police Headquarters and was charged with Vandalism/Malicious Injury to Property. He was arraigned by a Justice of the Peace and released on $1,000 personal recognizance."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Evidently petty enough to vandalize the car of a stranger simply for being bold enough to sport a "Biden S***s" bumper sticker...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/democratic-state-senator-arrested-after-allegedly-keying-car-with-biden-sucks-sticker/ar-AA1ddvAP?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=679674f42824452b8fbbddfb8f5171aa&ei=15

This is a shitty act done by a sad person, but let's also not act like this is unique to Democrats. A lady in North Idaho had a Biden flag ripped down and a trash bag full of shit left in her yard. Full of maggots, leaking out etc. A few months after Biden was inaugurated.

There are going to be petty, immature assholes on each side of the fence. I would venture to say that both of these scenarios happen more than we hear about. They just typically aren't news. 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Evidently petty enough to vandalize the car of a stranger simply for being bold enough to sport a "Biden S***s" bumper sticker...

Oh yeah, this is petty. But to be blunt, I also think it's quite petty to take this example as proof of how petty the democrats are.
Reply/Quote
They scratched his car ? Meh, no limit to vandalism I see.

First they came for his car and next they'll come for you !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote

Quote:"He then admitted he had damaged the vehicle because the owner had been yelling at him and 'dared him' to do it," the report read.

Just being a good public servant and doing what a constituent asked! Ninja

Quote:"Miller voluntarily responded to Cranston Police Headquarters and was charged with Vandalism/Malicious Injury to Property. He was arraigned by a Justice of the Peace and released on $1,000 personal recognizance."

Arrested, charged and will face a trial/sentence.  Seems justice is being served!  Good!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
it happens on both sides...

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:25 PM)hollodero Wrote: Oh yeah, this is petty. But to be blunt, I also think it's quite petty to take this example as proof of how petty the democrats are.

Indeed.  There are shitty people in both parties.  This guy is as clear a D-bag as likely exists, but I don't see him as indicative of Dems as a whole.  No more than MTG represents Republicans as a whole

(06-29-2023, 03:26 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: They scratched his car ? Meh, no limit to vandalism I see.

First they came for his car and next they'll come for you !

Wow, way to downplay what is clearly a petty and vindictive act by an elected official.  Not to mention he then lied about it several times during the investigation.

Here's another stellar interaction with the same POS.

Foul language warning if you're at work or that kind of thing gives you the vapors.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:34 PM)pally Wrote: it happens on both sides...

I'll wait for the people who constantly argue against "both sides do it" to intervene here.  I won't hold my breath though.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Indeed.  There are shitty people in both parties.  This guy is as clear a D-bag as likely exists, but I don't see him as indicative of Dems as a whole.  No more than MTG represents Republicans as a whole

Wow, way to downplay what is clearly a petty and vindictive act by an elected official.  Not to mention he then lied about it several times during the investigation.

Here's another stellar interaction with the same POS.

Foul language warning if you're at work or that kind of thing gives you the vapors.

Thanks for the language warning, I'm only 53, I might have been shocked. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Haha, what a stupid asshole.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Indeed.  There are shitty people in both parties.  This guy is as clear a D-bag as likely exists, but I don't see him as indicative of Dems as a whole.  No more than MTG represents Republicans as a whole

Yeah, so just to respond to something that does not really need a response, I will say that this D-bag's vandalism seems more like a lone wolf act that is not endorsed by anyone of note... while MTG, while certainly indeed not representing the GOP as a whole, gets quite a significant amount of actual support and seems to be at least tolerated by most of the party's rest.

But sure, given my luck tomorrow will probably see the start of a wide-spread "vandalize cars with Biden s****-stickers" movement and a whole lot of people will engage and chant Joshua Miller's name just so I look like an idiot on a bengals board.
Reply/Quote
Adam Schiff says he gets a badge of honor for his honesty during the investigation. Should he get counts of obstructing justice too since he repeatedly lied to the police???????????? Ninja
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:54 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, so just to respond to something that does not really need a response, I will say that this D-bag's vandalism seems more like a lone wolf act that is not endorsed by anyone of note... while MTG, while certainly indeed not representing the GOP as a whole, gets quite a significant amount of actual support and seems to be at least tolerated by most of the party's rest.

But sure, given my luck tomorrow will probably see the start of a wide-spread "vandalize cars with Biden s****-stickers" movement and a whole lot of people will engage and chant Joshua Miller's name just so I look like an idiot on a bengals board.

No, your position is consistent, if for no other reason than MTG is a Federal rep and not a state level one.  I could/should use one of the more radical Dems in the House as a comparison to be more on target.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 04:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, your position is consistent, if for no other reason than MTG is a Federal rep and not a state level one.  I could/should use one of the more radical Dems in the House as a comparison to be more on target.

Finding a house dem comparison to MTG that is actually quite similar to her, that seems like a tough task. I'd probably be hard to convince on that one. But feel free to give it a shot :) I sure don't know most of these clow.... these fine women and gentlemen.

Also, they do indeed have a conspiracy nut polling at 19% in their primaries, so it's.... well, what could still surprise me really. Parade me them crazy libs.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 04:36 PM)hollodero Wrote: Finding a house dem comparison to MTG that is actually quite similar to her, that seems like a tough task. I'd probably be hard to convince on that one. But feel free to give it a shot :) I sure don't know most of these clow.... these fine women and gentlemen.

Also, they do indeed have a conspiracy nut polling at 19% in their primaries, so it's.... well, what could still surprise me really. Parade me them crazy libs.

Oh, I think Cori Bush gives her a run for her money.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3803012-cori-bush-remarks-put-spotlight-on-issue-of-race-in-speakers-fight/

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/politics/cori-bush-defund-the-police-private-security/index.html

She's just as stupid, just in a more real world fashion.
Reply/Quote
Still funny to see how people pretended that "defund the police" meant close all police stations and only have social workers handling crimes.

From the link:

Quote:A USA Today/Ipsos poll conducted in late June and early July showed that just over 1 in 5 Americans (22%) said they supported the “defund” movement, while 77% opposed it. But wording is important here, as a 62% majority of those polled said they support “using some of the police department’s budget to fund community policing and social services,” with just 38% opposed to that framing.

Thinking about a topic isn't easy for a lot of people even if it was a poorly chosen slogan.

I liked the headline though (from 2021) since the gop couldn't use their "gift" to ride a red wave in 2022...lol.

All seriousness aside MTG is world class dumb..but she has some good competition from Boebert. 

Doncha miss when the right could say AOC was "the face" of all Democrats?  Good times.  Good times.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Full disclosure, you all had to know that I was cracking up as I contemplated the potential replies when making the OP. It indeed did turn out to be as funny as rushing in and yelling "Sponsored by Bud Light" during an adult baptismal ceremony. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is a shitty act done by a sad person, but let's also not act like this is unique to Democrats. A lady in North Idaho had a Biden flag ripped down and a trash bag full of shit left in her yard. Full of maggots, leaking out etc. A few months after Biden was inaugurated.

There are going to be petty, immature assholes on each side of the fence. I would venture to say that both of these scenarios happen more than we hear about. They just typically aren't news. 

Last summer I went to Gettysburg for a little 3 day trip. Needless to say it was Trump country. Anyways not far out of Gettysburg heading eastward on a state route, there was a barn near the road that had in huge bold letters painted on it "Fu** Biden" for everyone to see. I was like stay classy rural southern PA. I mean seriously, putting that up on a barn where 10s of thousands of families travel on to get to Gettysburg every year, just a special kind of trash. Also a couple or so shops sold Trump stuff along with all their cheap Civil War souvenirs, didn't buy from those stores lol.

But yeah it goes both ways for sure. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 04:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Still funny to see how people pretended that "defund the police" meant close all police stations and only have social workers handling crimes.

From the link:

Thinking about a topic isn't easy for a lot of people even if it was a poorly chosen slogan.

I liked the headline though (from 2021) since the gop couldn't use their "gift" to ride a red wave in 2022...lol.

All seriousness aside MTG is world class dumb..but she has some good competition from Boebert. 

Doncha miss when the right could say AOC was "the face" of all Democrats?  Good times.  Good times.

To be a bit fair, weren't there some cities like Seattle or was it Minneapolis suggesting this publicly or not? I honestly can't remember off top of my head, but I thought it was a very small amount out there that wanted that which of course hit the news as if it was to be everywhere of course. I could be wrong tho.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 04:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh, I think Cori Bush gives her a run for her money.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3803012-cori-bush-remarks-put-spotlight-on-issue-of-race-in-speakers-fight/

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/politics/cori-bush-defund-the-police-private-security/index.html

She's just as stupid, just in a more real world fashion.

“Despite being Black, he supports a policy agenda intent on upholding and perpetuating white supremacy.” ...up until this point, deploying all sorts of benefit of the doubt humanly possible, I would have tried to defend her a little, since the comment of this Roy character seemed a bit out of place. But upholding white supremacy, nope, that's challenge lost for me. Hm, that was quicker than I would have hoped for.

Not that the second link isn't a beauty too. What I especially like is how first there was the slogan defund the police. Then there were all the people that explained in length why defund the police apparently does not mean what the word defund literally means. Ah, don't you get that already? And as soon as that was done, there came several democrats that explained, nope we really just want to take their money away. Defund. Hello?
Reply/Quote