Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How sexism drives support for Donald Trump
(11-08-2016, 09:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Even if Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are both serial rapists the bottom line is that Clinton was a better politician.  

How are you sure? Clearly Trump is a better politician than Hillary because he won. Give him 8yrs and see what he does as POTUS before declaring the better scum bucket. He deserves it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-12-2016, 09:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: How are you sure? Clearly Trump is a better politician than Hillary because he won. Give him 8yrs and see what he does as POTUS before declaring the better scum bucket. He deserves it.

Being a good politician isn't about winning elections, it is about getting good policies implemented. But you're right, we don't know how Trump is. We will only have about two years to see, though. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-12-2016, 09:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Being a good politician isn't about winning elections, it is about getting good policies implemented. But you're right, we don't know how Trump is. We will only have about two years to see, though. Ninja

Although you vent your pain through humor and smilies, I understand. I would have felt equally upset with different results. We have what we have because "We the people" let things get out of hand. We continue to settle because we are consumed with our own agendas/problems/issues.

I pray he does good things for our country. In many ways, common sense can get us back on track. We have been a stagnant, deteriorating country for many, many years. Not saying he has the common sense we need, yet my heart says it was better than the alternative.

If he only lasts 4, I hope we gave him a chance and he wasn't cutting it, vs. the people and the politicians tying up progress like they've been doing for a few decades now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-12-2016, 09:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Although you vent your pain through humor and smilies, I understand. I would have felt equally upset with different results. We have what we have because "We the people" let things get out of hand. We continue to settle because we are consumed with our own agendas/problems/issues.

I pray he does good things for our country. In many ways, common sense can get us back on track. We have been a stagnant, deteriorating country for many, many years. Not saying he has the common sense we need, yet my heart says it was better than the alternative.

If he only lasts 4, I hope we gave him a chance and he wasn't cutting it, vs. the people and the politicians tying up progress like they've been doing for a few decades now.

IIRC, he has made comments that allude to him not running for a second term, and many people from all political spectrums don't expect him to.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Not exactly sure the numbers really support the OP. According to the USA Today 53% of male voters voted Trump. If you go strictly by their numbers female voters showed more "sexism" than men because 54% of women voted for Clinton.

http://college.usatoday.com/2016/11/09/how-we-voted-by-age-education-race-and-sexual-orientation/