Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This offense might need a TE that can attack the seams
(11-03-2020, 12:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: CB would be arguably the biggest need if WJ3 isn't re-signed.
We've seen what happens when WJ3 is not in there, and we haven't seen Waynes in this scheme yet.

Our defense badly needs a pass rusher.  A reliable pass rusher would change everything.  Lawson just doesn't seem to be that guy.  He's pretty good for a guy taken in the 4th round but we need more than that.  I'm not sure one of those kind of guys will even be available to us early, which is why I could see a CB being the pick in the first.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Engram has his 5th year option next year then is set to hit FA.
His 5th year option will be $6 mill.

Dunno if I'd give up that high of a pick for potentially a 1-year rental pass-catching TE who has struggled to stay healthy.

It would be a year and a half and if he finishes this season strong I think the team would try to extend him in the offseason with that AJ money.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 02:19 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It would be a year and a half and if he finishes this season strong I think the team would try to extend him in the offseason with that AJ money.

That AJ money really isn't as much as people think given the cap is expected to drop by about $25 mill for next season.
And they have WJ3, Lawson, Wilson, and their entire ST to worry about extending (if they want).

I know technically it would be 1.5 years but this season is basically a lost season unless they magically win out, as the best they can do is 10-5-1.
Given that the Titans, Raiders, Ravens, Browns, Dolphins, and Broncos all have a better record right now in regards to claiming the wildcard spot, I'd guess the likelihood of pushing for playoffs is basically 0.

So what I'm getting at is having the remaining year for Engram really doesn't do much because the postseason is very likely out of reach. So the "usefulness" of adding Ingram is really just for 2021.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know everyone loves a pass catching TE but I'd like to see them add a 3rd level threat to the receiving core.

Ja'Marr Chase and Jaylen Waddle are names that people would recognize but a name that people won't is Reggie Roberson Jr. from SMU. Roberson was having break out years in 2019 and 2020 before injuries derailed both seasons. He is fast but smooth with excellent vision and hands. Yes, he is a gamble with the injuries but we are talking about a late 5th to high 7th round pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/03/seahawks-releasing-luke-willson/

Seattle released Luke Willson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 04:04 PM)Synric Wrote: I know everyone loves a pass catching TE but I'd like to see them add a 3rd level threat to the receiving core.

Ja'Marr Chase and Jaylen Waddle are names that people would recognize but a name that people won't is Reggie Roberson Jr. from SMU. Roberson was having break out years in 2019 and 2020 before injuries derailed both seasons. He is fast but smooth with excellent vision and hands. Yes, he is a gamble with the injuries but we are talking about a late 5th to high 7th round pick.

I’d be fine with adding a speedster in the 3rd or later. I think both lines should be addressed in first two rounds if a player of value is there when we pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s a fair criticism. You need more than just an ok player from a second round pick. Thankfully Tee looks like the real deal though, so that will take the sting out of passing on Metcalf a little bit.

Tee certainly helps and from what we have seen of the other TE's in that Draft, Sample was a good pick if we wanted a TE.

I think he has looked good this year, we just spread the ball around tons with Burrow. Nothing wrong with this.

Sample will get his if the D doesn't pay attention to him, just watch.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Based off what? 2020 where Wentz has been hot garbage?

Ertz had a 900+ yard season in 2019.

Based on injury and age, not performance. He does us no good if we're paying him a lot and he can't stay on the field.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/03/seahawks-releasing-luke-willson/

Seattle released Luke Willson

Would be for bringing in Willson if he is healthy.
Reply/Quote