Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How the 2020 draft went 7-7
You can "X" TE Sample, thanks.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 01:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm not sure Jerry Rice could've told that dude anything that would have worked. Mellow

No draft picks ever made me madder than Peter Warrick and John Ross being picked in first round.

Usually Ive always just gotten behind almost any player the Bengals selected but those two selections were foolish. 

Yet Ross was the worst ever in my book and you're right its not TJ's fault he failed. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not close to the '01 draft as best overall in team history (YET).  But you can't do better than Joe and Tee with the first two picks.

I don't see anyway we can afford to keep Higgins.  He is so good some team will give him #1WR money. He may not have the elite top end speed of some receivers, but no one in the league goes up and gets the ball on contested throws better than him.

Eh, it already beat 01.

Smith solid, wouldn't trade him for Burrow. Nowhere close.
Chad, outstanding. Tee could potentially be better. 
Rest of the draft was Rudi and Housh (both solid players) versus five guys who at at least contributed in their second seasons.

01 was a good year, but 20 beat it.

It's ok to admit we did good. Why? Cause we did.
Reply/Quote
Props to ownership for not firing everyone after the 2019 season.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 12:56 AM)Benton Wrote: Eh, it already beat 01.

Rest of the draft was Rudi and Housh (both solid players) versus five guys who at at least contributed in their second seasons.

As much as we all think/believe Burrow and Higgins have a bright future ahead of them, how can we say it "already beat" a class that produced 2 HoF nominees AND a Pro Bowl WR and Pro Bowl RB?

That seems a little preemptive.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 07:42 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: You can "X" TE Sample, thanks.

I thought about it, but nah. He’s still here and has a role to play every week.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 12:26 AM)Go Cards Wrote: No draft picks ever made me madder than Peter Warrick and John Ross being picked in first round.

Usually Ive always just gotten behind almost any player the Bengals selected but those two selections were foolish. 

Yet Ross was the worst ever in my book and you're right its not TJ's fault he failed. 

Ross, yes. Warrick? No. The two worst first round picks by this franchise were QBs though. Even though I was mad about the Ross pick ....I didn't scream and wanna break shit like I did when they drafted Klingler and Akili.

Warrick was electrifying....too bad we didn't have anyone to throw him the ball until he got hurt. Full disclosure, I'm a Noles fan, but the pick itself wasn't horrible, IMO, but not having much of a supporting cast made it bad.

Ross, Ced Ole', and Smith are probably the worst picks in franchise history.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 12:56 AM)Benton Wrote: Eh, it already beat 01.

Sorry, but I am not impressed with a pick like Adeniji who just got playing time because on an injury on an O-line that was 31st in sack percentage allowed and dead last in the league in short yardage conversions.

The 2001 draft produced 4 top Pro Bowl level players.  The 2020 draft is not close to that.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 12:08 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Ross, yes. Warrick? No. The two worst first round picks by this franchise were QBs though. Even though I was mad about the Ross pick ....I didn't scream and wanna break shit like I did when they drafted Klingler and Akili.

Warrick was electrifying....too bad we didn't have anyone to throw him the ball until he got hurt. Full disclosure, I'm a Noles fan, but the pick itself wasn't horrible, IMO, but not having much of a supporting cast made it bad.

Ross, Ced Ole', and Smith are probably the worst picks in franchise history.

Warrick was as dynamic a player as we've ever drafted; his tape is incredibly-fun to watch in either college or Cincinnati.

I don't think he had it all, up there AND he developed off-field BS.

Akili is the worst 1st-rounder ever, objectively; just horrifically-awful numbers.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not close to the '01 draft as best overall in team history (YET).  But you can't do better than Joe and Tee with the first two picks.

I don't see anyway we can afford to keep Higgins.  He is so good some team will give him #1WR money. He may not have the elite top end speed of some receivers, but no one in the league goes up and gets the ball on contested throws better than him.

Sean "Smokey" Brewer was a steal in the 3rd
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote