Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How the Bengals managed to stay healthy leading up to Super Bowl
(04-05-2022, 02:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I KNOW I've been consistent in my POV.

So if we face an increase in injuries this year you will say it is because of coaching?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 02:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Ha ha no I’m not. 

Yes you are.

You can't give him credit for a decrease in injuries unless you also blame his for the high number we had in '19 and '20.

And, of course, if injuries go up this year coaching will be the reason for that also.

You can't just pick and chose to give Zac credit for everything good and no blame for anything bad.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes you are.

You can't give him credit for a decrease in injuries unless you also blame his for the high number we had in '19 and '20.

And, of course, if injuries go up this year coaching will be the reason for that also.

You can't just pick and chose to give Zac credit for everything good and no blame for anything bad.

I just posted the article with no comment. Then you like clockwork panned it. I don’t know if their protocols were the same in 2021 as 2020. If they changed some things then that leads to major credence although it would still be a small sample size. We need to find out and I can do that pretty easily. But I’m not going to deny that injuries are mostly unlucky.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if we face an increase in injuries this year you will say it is because of coaching?

As the article stats it will be "luck"; the point of the article was to demonstrate practices Zac and the staff employed to attempt to mitigate as best they saw fit. I applaud the analytics and believe there is a lot of merit to making recovery and avoiding exhaustion a huge part of preventing soft tissue injuries. Others just wanna throw stones because they've stuck their foot in their mouths in the past and are unwilling to adapt their stance.

Being consistent is not a virtue when your original point has been proven to be off target. For instance I thought drafting Chase was a mistake and questioned his mentality. I was proven wrong and no longer am consistent in this thought. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 05:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As the article stats it will be "luck"; the point of the article was to demonstrate practices Zac and the staff employed to attempt to mitigate as best they saw fit. I applaud the analytics and believe there is a lot of merit to making recovery and avoiding exhaustion a huge part of preventing soft tissue injuries. Others just wanna throw stones because they've stuck their foot in their mouths in the past and are unwilling to adapt their stance.

Being consistent is not a virtue when your original point has been proven to be off target. For instance I thought drafting Chase was a mistake and questioned his mentality. I was proven wrong and no longer am consistent in this thought. 

Can’t wait sent a message to Paul Dehner for clarification. If indeed they made some changes in ‘21 that had a positive impact on our health then Fred will just say why didn’t Zac do it in ‘20? Or something else. Fred can’t bear to give Taylor any credit. He’s never admitted he’s been wrong.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 05:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Being consistent is not a virtue when your original point has been proven to be off target. 

My original point has not been proven to be off target.  Injuries are pretty random.  There is lots of data that proves this.  

It is silly to claim that the exact same coach with the exact same training staff with the exact same information "managed" to stay healthy this year after they had a team in 2020 that was destroyed by injuries.

I am not attacking Zac in any way.  I am not saying he did anything wrong.  But I have ALWAYS said that coaching and/or training staff really could not do much to prevent injuries because they are based mostly on luck. 

You all are the ones claiming Zac screwed up in '19 and '20.  And at the same time you are saying I am the one attacking Zac.

This is nuts.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 05:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Fred can’t bear to give Taylor any credit. 

This is just a total and complete lie.

I have given Zac tons of credit for taking us to the Super Bowl.  If you keep lying like this I will look up the posts to prove it.

What is with you people here that make everything personal?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My original point has not been proven to be off target.  Injuries are pretty random.  There is lots of data that proves this.  

It is silly to claim that the exact same coach with the exact same training staff with the exact same information "managed" to stay healthy this year after they had a team in 2020 that was destroyed by injuries.

I am not attacking Zac in any way.  I am not saying he did anything wrong.  But I have ALWAYS said that coaching and/or training staff really could not do much to prevent injuries because they are based mostly on luck. 

You all are the ones claiming Zac screwed up in '19 and '20.  And at the same time you are saying I am the one attacking Zac.

This is nuts.

I agree it's nuts. No one is claiming Zac screwed up in 19 and 20 (unless folks want to look at your assertion that this staff is the same that had the worst in 2020 as a shot at Zac and the boys, but who in their right mind would do that). I merely stated staffs can mature with experience and install "best practices" as they learn. 

So reason you chose to show up and throw shade at an article that points to practices the staff employed that may have kept them healthy during the longest season any team in the history of the NFL has played. Only you know if it was to mitigate any credit Zac may be given or to simply point out Injuries are mostly luck. THE EXACT same thing the article said. 

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 05:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t know if their protocols were the same in 2021 as 2020. If they changed some things then that leads to major credence although it would still be a small sample size. We need to find out and I can do that pretty easily.

By "easily" do you mean contacting your super secret behind-the-scene source?

Or do you mean just reading the story you posted?

".  .  .   but expect head coach Zac Taylor and strength and conditioning coach Joey Boese to utilize the same tactics they’ve been using since arriving in Cincinnati."
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 05:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Only you know if it was to mitigate any credit Zac may be given or to simply point out Injuries are mostly luck. THE EXACT same thing the article said. 

If you actually read the article you would realize this is what it said.

"Winning is hard, but staying healthy is hard and unpredictable. Or is it?

For the Cincinnati Bengals, they seem to have a grasp on managing it."
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 02:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Still waiting for someone to correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember them NOT doing light practices their first two years, which makes that snark completely moot and incorrect.

Here you go:

Zac Taylor's plan for Bengals: Keep things fun and players fresh (from Aug 2019)

https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/31380/zac-taylors-plan-for-bengals-keep-things-fun-and-players-fresh

A bunch of quotes in it like this:

'Bengals linebacker Nick Vigil said he hadn’t done it since college and is interested to see how the limited hitting affects execution during the season. But so far, he and the rest of his teammates are enjoying the changes and hope they translate to more wins.'
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is just a total and complete lie.

I have given Zac tons of credit for taking us to the Super Bowl.  If you keep lying like this I will look up the posts to prove it.

What is with you people here that make everything personal?

Crickets
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 06:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: By "easily" do you mean contacting your super secret behind-the-scene source?

Or do you mean just reading the story you posted?

".  .  .   but expect head coach Zac Taylor and strength and conditioning coach Joey Boese to utilize the same tactics they’ve been using since arriving in Cincinnati."

I messaged Paul
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you actually read the article you would realize this is what it said.

"Winning is hard, but staying healthy is hard and unpredictable. Or is it?

For the Cincinnati Bengals, they seem to have a grasp on managing it."

I read the article...I just didn't stop after the first paragraph:

Quote:The type of health the Bengals enjoyed this past year does go back to luck. Injuries always do. However, the Bengals are ultra-reliant on the technology that tells them when guys are fatigued, overextended or just need days off at practice. Taylor focused his offseason routines, camp practices and season schedules on keeping players fresh for Sundays. It’s tough to pull back on practice reps, but when trainer Joey Boese says his eyes and the numbers say to back off, he’s done it.....

Avoiding the injury bug altogether is impossible, the game is too violent to come out squeaky clean. But Taylor and Boese seem to have found their footing when it comes to managing their players and keeping them healthy as much as they can. We’ll see if it translates for a second-straight year.

As I said: Only you know why you wanted to throw shade on the techniques Zac employed by focusing on the "luck" part of the article and not considering the mitigation steps the staff took. Most likely just "keeping it real". 

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 08:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I read the article...I just didn't stop after the first paragraph:

As I said: Only you know why you wanted to throw shade on the techniques Zac employed by focusing on the "luck" part of the article and not considering the mitigation steps the staff took. Most likely just "keeping it real". 

As this espn article indicated, they've been doing this since Zac got here. Definately a luck component. But, it is also a new school technique. The article talked about how analytics showed that practices 3 days in a row resulted in more injuries. So to some extent, they may be making some of their luck.

Amazing what happens when you land a franchise qb and wr and sign some impact free agents. Things that were once criticized are applauded.

Here's the espn article again from 2019:
https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/31380/zac-taylors-plan-for-bengals-keep-things-fun-and-players-fresh
Reply/Quote
With some you can Just tell Especially skill position groups Julio last year AJ Green we shouldn't have franchised him. Dhop more than likely be next on the list. Zeke I can guarantee won't make it through a full season.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 10:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: As this espn article indicated, they've been doing this since Zac got here. Definately a luck component. But, it is also a new school technique. The article talked about how analytics showed that practices 3 days in a row resulted in more injuries. So to some extent, they may be making some of their luck.

Amazing what happens when you land a franchise qb and wr and sign some impact free agents. Things that were once criticizes are applauded.

Here's the espn article again from 2019:

Exactly, Of course luck is a very  important component, but it's not "just luck". If so why do NFL team have a conditioning department? I mean all the stretching and rest in the world is not going to stop your leg from breaking when it suffers a severe impact, put it can aid in soft tissue injuries. 

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 07:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Crickets

Exactly.

Silence is your only option as a reply when I called out your lie.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 07:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I messaged Paul

Good god, you're a necromancer?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 11:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Good god, you're a necromancer?

He wrote the article
Reply/Quote