Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to beat Seattle
(10-08-2015, 11:19 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Also protect the ball, Seattle will try to force fumbles on every carry.

Agreed. I know Simmons trusts our kick coverage team, but I'd rather play it safe and just kick it through the end zone every time.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 04:03 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed. I know Simmons trusts our kick coverage team, but I'd rather play it safe and just kick it through the end zone every time.

I am not sure our kicker can do that.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 04:09 PM)M.W. Wrote: I am not sure our kicker can do that.

Nuge is actually good with touchbacks. It's his 81.4% success rate as a Bengals, as of right now, that worries me.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 06:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: Pete Carroll: OMG OMG OMG..Whatamigonnado?

I'm speculating, but I'm guessing they pound Hill and Gio till they draw safties in then bombs away!
Then again Marvin and Hue haven't called me for my opinion yet. Operators are standing by!

You left out something ..Score more points. That often works.

Keep Russell Wilson and company out of the endzone.... And we should be okay.

So in other words... TACKLE and TACKLE
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 04:14 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Nuge is actually good with touchbacks. It's his 81.4% success rate as a Bengals, as of right now, that worries me.

No he's actually not. He has 11 TB out of 23 kicks, there are only 2 kickers that have had more returnable KO's. Might want to look up the stats before making a statement like that. Look at kickers like Bailey who has 18 TB's to 21 Kicks or Tucker with his 20 TB's out of 22 Kicks. Those guys are good, Nuge is below average at best when you combine his KO stats with his FG misses. Is the lack of TB's a result of coaching? I dunno, I hope not. There should be no reason to kick a returnable ball to this Seattle team this week. With the kickoff rule the way it is now there should be no reason to have a kicker who kicks a TB less than 50% of the time. Maybe we should do like some teams have in the past and have another kicker on the roster just for KO's.
Reply/Quote