Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How to fix the Browns
Simple: move them to Baltimore.

Big Grin

On a more serious note, here's my overly simplified way of fixing the Browns:
1) Hire a good coach. If said coach has already been a head coach, MUST have been a successful one. Otherwise, try to find an up-and-coming coordinator/position coach, that has shown a good grasp of Xs and Os and/or capable of developing talent.
2) Give the coach complete control over the roster. No meddling.
3) Focus on fixing team through draft as much as possible.
4) Give coach 5 years to turn franchise around. Doesn't matter how bad years 1 through 4 are, you will get 5 full years to turn this team around.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 05:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Simple: move them to Baltimore.

Big Grin

On a more serious note, here's my overly simplified way of fixing the Browns:
1) Hire a good coach. If said coach has already been a head coach, MUST have been a successful one. Otherwise, try to find an up-and-coming coordinator/position coach, that has shown a good grasp of Xs and Os and/or capable of developing talent.
2) Give the coach complete control over the roster. No meddling.
3) Focus on fixing team through draft as much as possible.
4) Give coach 5 years to turn franchise around. Doesn't matter how bad years 1 through 4 are, you will get 5 full years to turn this team around.
Sounds good, but don't think that will happen. Browns want instant success without looking at what they're dealing with. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
The Browns need to trade the #1 pick and the #33 pick for multiple picks. They should aim to have at least 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 06:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The Browns need to trade the #1 pick and the #33 pick for multiple picks.  They should aim to have at least 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.

They've tried that before. They could have had Julio, but chose to amass picks instead. Few if any of those guys are still on the team. There is no fixing that team. Relegate them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
[Image: 12342778_1045244878852919_35366301065861...e=571B45DF]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 07:54 PM)jason Wrote: They've tried that before. They could have had Julio, but chose to amass picks instead. Few if any of those guys are still on the team. There is no fixing that team. Relegate them.

Well you have to actually draft well with the picks you get.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
[Image: 12345489_555889917899454_393329625047470...e=56D5E076]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 12341095_10206357273825127_3247924535727...e=56DA143E]
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 06:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The Browns need to trade the #1 pick and the #33 pick for multiple picks.  They should aim to have at least 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.

And then they'll blow at least five of the six.  They've already failed plenty at quantity over quality.  They've had a buttload of high picks in the past several years and guess where they still are--at the bottom.

What they need to do is decide on a direction and then do the opposite.  If every decision you've ever made is wrong...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 09:19 AM)McC Wrote: And then they'll blow at least five of the six.  They've already failed plenty at quantity over quality.  They've had a buttload of high picks in the past several years and guess where they still are--at the bottom.

What they need to do is decide on a direction and then do the opposite.  If every decision you've ever made is wrong...
LOL
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
they should hire a guy and tell him to do the opposite of whatever management tells him.

trade all the draft picks so you take 40 players in the fifth round? Do the opposite.

hire a coach and then fire him after one season? Do the opposite.

name a starting QB, then replace him after going 3-3, then start him after his replacement goes 2-2? Do the opposite.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 07:54 PM)jason Wrote: They've tried that before. They could have had Julio, but chose to amass picks instead. Few if any of those guys are still on the team. There is no fixing that team. Relegate them.

The Falcons got Julio Jones.

Here's the Browns return:
Phil Taylor-Gone
Greg Little-Gone
Owen Marecic-Gone
Brandon Weeden-Gone

And the final pick they received in the trade was used to move up for Trent Richardson.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 05:30 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Falcons got Julio Jones.

Here's the Browns return:
Phil Taylor-Gone
Greg Little-Gone
Owen Marecic-Gone
Brandon Weeden-Gone

And the final pick they received in the trade was used to move up for Trent Richardson.

The odds of going 0-5 from one trade has to be near impossible.

This was a while ago, but I think it's still relevant and my favorite... 2004. Browns took Kellen Winslow Jr. 5 or 6 picks before the Steelers took Ben. And they needed a qb, and still do.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 06:00 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The odds of that many busts from one trade has to be near impossible.

This was a while ago, but I think it's still relevant and my favorite... 2004. Browns took Kellen Winslow Jr. 5 or 6 picks before the Steelers took Ben. And they needed a qb, and still do.

My favorite story comes from the 2006 draft. The Browns and Ravens had the same 2 guys at the top of their draft boards:

1. Haloti Ngata
2. Kamerion Wimbley

Baltimore did a lot of work looking into Wimbley. Cleveland really liked Ngata. Draft rolls around and Baltimore let it "slip" that they really wanted Wimbley. Cleveland agreed to flip spots in the draft. Baltimore takes Ngata, who they wanted all along, and Cleveland is left with egg on their face.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 06:05 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: My favorite story comes from the 2006 draft. The Browns and Ravens had the same 2 guys at the top of their draft boards:

1. Haloti Ngata
2. Kamerion Wimbley

Baltimore did a lot of work looking into Wimbley. Cleveland really liked Ngata. Draft rolls around and Baltimore let it "slip" that they really wanted Wimbley. Cleveland agreed to flip spots in the draft. Baltimore takes Ngata, who they wanted all along, and Cleveland is left with egg on their face.
Lol. I don't remember hearing that one.

Taking Manziel because of a text message is probably more ******** than getting tricked though.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 06:10 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Lol. I don't remember hearing that one.

Taking Manziel because of a text message is probably more ******** than getting tricked though.

The Browns pretty much downplayed it since they got their #2 choice and acted like Wimbley is who they wanted all along.

They just have a history of this stuff. 2010 draft, Holmgren overruled EVERYONE in the draft room and took Colt McCoy. 2012, they had such a hard on for Kendall Wright and watched him go 1 pick in front of them. Reports/rumors were that their draft room pretty much was crushed. They just decided to go with the top QB on their board and hoped it'd work out. So they took Brandon Weeden.
Reply/Quote
4 words

Fire Pettine
Fire Farmer
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 06:27 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Browns pretty much downplayed it since they got their #2 choice and acted like Wimbley is who they wanted all along.

They just have a history of this stuff. 2010 draft, Holmgren overruled EVERYONE in the draft room and took Colt McCoy. 2012, they had such a hard on for Kendall Wright and watched him go 1 pick in front of them. Reports/rumors were that their draft room pretty much was crushed. They just decided to go with the top QB on their board and hoped it'd work out. So they took Brandon Weeden.

Colt McCoy was probably the most talented qb they had on their team since their return. Watching them try to spin Weeden's age into say he is mature and pro ready was embarrassing. Worse than his actually performance.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 06:00 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The odds of going 0-5 from one trade has to be near impossible.

Well they are similar in that neither can ride a motorcycle.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 06:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well they are similar in that neither can ride a motorcycle.

I feel bad for browns fans because every time they tried using motorcycle against Ben smack they would just get laughed at. Browns fans literally have nothing to talk about other than losing.
Reply/Quote