Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to pronounce Iosivas
and now we know why he goes by Yoshi. The real question is did Orlando get help on the pronunciation BEFORE asking everyone?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
No no no, I'm asking the questions.. Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 07:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No no no, I'm asking the questions..  Cool

Loved that  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Tee - Who? Yoshi. That's his last name. Yoshi right?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Nintendo is shit and no way am I calling my favourite draft pick by a character who is shitty.

Iosivas, period.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
For my Harry Potter Fans - "It’s Leviosa, Not Leviosaaa!"
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 10:26 AM)QueenCity Wrote: For my Harry Potter Fans - "It’s Leviosa, Not Leviosaaa!"

I always thought it's because the British pronounce As as Rs (and vice-versa) for the ending of the words, so it was "Leviosar."

But I didn't read the books, so it may be more-explicit there
Reply/Quote
I'm more concerned about people who think the first letter of his name is an L instead of an I.
Reply/Quote
I know it has already been clarified but here it is according to Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Iosivas

pronounced /ˈɒndreɪ ˈjoʊsiːˌvɑː

Here is the video referenced in the Wikipedia article for anyone interested

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
So "Yo-see-vosh". Cool. I always wondered about the "see" and whether it was more like the "tzee" in pizza. Guess not.

Once people learn it, they'll never forget it. I remember at first a lot of people struggled with Giannis "Antetokounmpo". Around draft-time even Jalen Rose said, "Just call him Po!" But now it rolls off the tongue and we don't think twice about it.
Reply/Quote
He sounds more like an NBA player to me. Maybe a hockey player.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 11:40 AM)tms Wrote: So "Yo-see-vosh". Cool. I always wondered about the "see" and whether it was more like the "tzee" in pizza. Guess not.

That's 'cause it's ROmanian and they don't have that sound with their letters.

If he was Italian, maybe.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 10:11 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Nintendo is shit and no way am I calling my favourite draft pick by a character who is shitty.

Iosivas, period.

Damn, talk about a hot take! Shocked
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 12:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Damn, talk about a hot take! Shocked

Nintendo is only where they are today due to timing and having an asshole, cutthroat lawyer as running their business in NA for 20 years.

The quality of their games was NEVER the best in the respective genres, save for maybe Ocarina of Time and they have become a conglomerate based on Nostalgia and Draconian business policies.

There are very, VERY few things in life that I truly hate, but Ninty is one of them and they absolutely do not deserve to be around in their current capacity.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 07:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No no no, I'm asking the questions..  Cool

Made me lol

(08-16-2023, 11:40 AM)tms Wrote: So "Yo-see-vosh". Cool. I always wondered about the "see" and whether it was more like the "tzee" in pizza. Guess not.

Once people learn it, they'll never forget it. I remember at first a lot of people struggled with Giannis "Antetokounmpo". Around draft-time even Jalen Rose said, "Just call him Po!" But now it rolls off the tongue and we don't think twice about it.

Yeah, it isn't that hard once you say it like a couple times...
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 12:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Nintendo is only where they are today due to timing and having an asshole, cutthroat lawyer as running their business in NA for 20 years.

The quality of their games was NEVER the best in the respective genres, save for maybe Ocarina of Time and they have become a conglomerate based on Nostalgia and Draconian business policies.

There are very, VERY few things in life that I truly hate, but Ninty is one of them and they absolutely do not deserve to be around in their current capacity.

Fair, but they do have some enjoyable games.
I continually find their Mario games are fun, even if they may not be the best platformer out there.
Mario Kart games also have been typically fun to play.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 01:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fair, but they do have some enjoyable games.
I continually find their Mario games are fun, even if they may not be the best platformer out there.
Mario Kart games also have been typically fun to play.

One of my favorite memories was getting a Nintendo when I was a kid with Mario Bros and Duck Hunt...

Truck doesn't have to ruin it for me lol
Reply/Quote
Yoshi-vas is nowhere near as bad as Whosyourmama....
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: One of my favorite memories was getting a Nintendo when I was a kid with Mario Bros and Duck Hunt...

Truck doesn't have to ruin it for me lol

I am a Sega truther and I will always go for skill and creativity over good business.

**** Howard Lincoln
Reply/Quote