Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will Mike Brown spend his extra 10 million
(03-06-2018, 12:43 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Ok Bengals fans it that time of year! Free Agency is next week and the NFL raised the cap by 10 million to 177.2 million. Since we all know the Bengals won't be getting any REAL difference makers in Free Agency. What will Mike Brown be doing with his 10 Million!?

Looks like another raise for the GM!

I'm not sure it's as much about the salary cap for Mikey boy as it is his utter disgust for free agency. He's made some blunders in free agency and because he doesn't really understand player talent or the game himself, he fights it.

He loves drafting players cause he can dictate the terms for 4 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Free $.99 Frosties for all!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 11:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Unfortunately, there aren't any good Olinemen in free agency this year. Nate Solder is the only decent Tackle, and he is 30 and not really healthy. Pollack is going to have to draft his new toys and try to fix the one's already in the toy box.

Except for the fact that Ju'wuan James, Cameron Fleming, Garry Gilliam, or Chris Hubbard would all be huge upgrades for us at Tackle.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 12:04 PM)thegimp Wrote: Except for the fact that Ju'wuan James, Cameron Fleming, Garry Gilliam, or Chris Hubbard would all be huge upgrades for us at Tackle.

Yeah, when we've got bottom rung talent at a position pretty much half the guys out there are an upgrade.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 11:49 AM)thegimp Wrote: That's not what I said at all.  I said the Bengals haven't been retaining their own.

Not when they get paid way over what they think is market value for them
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 12:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not when they get paid way over what they think is market value for them

There is no such thing as "over market value", the market set the value. You can say they signed for more than your perceived value. Whitworth, Sanu, and Jones have all lived up to the market value. Zeitler is hard to judge at that dumpster fire, and you can question him being the highest paid guard. He certainly is a top five guard and fine let him walk, but you can't let two offensive linemen walk in the same year. Especially not when what Whitworth asked for was more than fair. Sure he is old, but he's an ox and isn't slowing down, seeing as how he is still a top five tackle in the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 09:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He should spend it to educate fans with no clue on how to calculate and thus spew out garbage. MB spends money on the players, he just won't cut the ones he need to creating more cap and cash money to spend it on the right players.

MB exceeds his financial obligations contrary to your comments, look it up.

(03-06-2018, 09:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

In both '15 and '16 the Bengals spent OVER the league salary cap.  They were able to do this because Mike Brown rolled over cap space from a previous year.  Not all team so this.

So I don't blame people who complain about HOW he uses the salasry cap, but I want people to know thta Miuke is spending as much, if not more, than mostteams on paying his players.

Sounds like the OL is not the only line the Bengals struggle with?

[Image: complainingchallenge3.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Let Adam Jones go.

Re-sign Geno to a big time extension, Dunlap to a 3 year deal, Dennard to a 3 year deal.

Add one of Solder, Jensen, Fulton, Glenn, Hubbard or Fleming.

Boom, the Draft is open.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 12:43 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Ok Bengals fans it that time of year! Free Agency is next week and the NFL raised the cap by 10 million to 177.2 million. Since we all know the Bengals won't be getting any REAL difference makers in Free Agency. What will Mike Brown be doing with his 10 Million!?

Looks like another raise for the GM!

This is an easy answer...rollover to 2019.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Let Adam Jones go.

Re-sign Geno to a big time extension, Dunlap to a 3 year deal, Dennard to a 3 year deal.

Boom, the Draft is open.

Sounds well and good, but there's way in hell the bengals will work out an extension for Atkins, Dunlap, and Dennard before FA or the draft. They will hold onto plenty of cap space and look to get at least one of them extended in TC. Anything not spent will be rolled over to the next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 01:13 PM)thegimp Wrote: There is no such thing as "over market value", the market set the value.  You can say they signed for more than your perceived value.  Whitworth, Sanu, and Jones have all lived up to the market value.  Zeitler is hard to judge at that dumpster fire, and you can question him being the highest paid guard.  He certainly is a top five guard and fine let him walk, but you can't let two offensive linemen walk in the same year.  Especially not when what Whitworth asked for was more than fair.  Sure he is old, but he's an ox and isn't slowing down, seeing as how he is still a top five tackle in the league.

I could but my Precieved value doesn't matter 1 bit just like your perceived value...  The market value is what the Bengals are willing to spend or what they perceive a position or player to be worth.  Zeitler was pretty good but had struggles too.   If we had paid him what the browns did we would have already had to cut someone of value to make the space.

I'm sure they would have loved Whit to stay... and while he held up this past year. Hes at the age where it will be over very soon. So keeping him would bring up the argument of not preparing for the future...
Or if they signed him and he declined you would be complaining about the exact opposite you are now. You cant make decisions using hinesight... or claim they should have seen the future.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 04:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sounds well and good, but there's way in hell the bengals will work out an extension for Atkins, Dunlap, and Dennard before FA or the draft. They will hold onto plenty of cap space and look to get at least one of them extended in TC. Anything not spent will be rolled over to the next year.

Yeah, just saying what i would do, i know the Bengals won't do that.

Would just be happy if we got one of those Lineman before the Draft...
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown don't spend big money on free agents no mo. I think he calls it, the Laveranues Coles clause or somthin'.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 05:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I could but my Precieved value doesn't matter 1 bit just like your perceived value...  The market value is what the Bengals are willing to spend or what they perceive a position or player to be worth.  Zeitler was pretty good but had struggles too.   If we had paid him what the browns did we would have already had to cut someone of value to make the space.

I'm sure they would have loved Whit to stay...  and while he held up this past year.  Hes at the age where it will be over very soon.  So keeping him would bring up the argument of not preparing for the future...
Or if they signed him and he declined you would be complaining about the exact opposite you are now.            You cant make decisions using hinesight... or claim they should have seen the future.

Huh? If we signed zeitler last year we wouldnt have to cut anybody.  We would still be almost 20 mil under the cap with his contract added on to our existing roster.  You are drinking a little too much of the hobspin koolaid.  There are ways to get creative with the cap that mike brown would never do.  If we wanted to get creative with the cap we could technically sign geno dunlap eifert solder all to big contracts and still be under the cap.  Being a bengals fan we all know thats just a pipedream.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Let Adam Jones go.

Boom, the Draft is open.

"Book it, Dano". But, won't happen because it makes tooooo much sense.
Reply/Quote
When I was a kid I saw how other families could go to Disney World, but not mine. Now I'm an adult and I see how other NFL teams can get free agrnts, but not mine.

Acceptance. Sigh. Whatever, Disney sucks and free agents ruin everything.
Reply/Quote
GM bonus.
Reply/Quote
He will horde it for himself and sign bums nobody else wants
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
An even bigger injury fund. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 11:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Unfortunately, there aren't any good Olinemen in free agency this year. Nate Solder is the only decent Tackle, and he is 30 and not really healthy. Pollack is going to have to draft his new toys and try to fix the one's already in the toy box.

Would be happy with a Weston Richburg signing in FA personally.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote