Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huckabee: I Trust Bernie Sanders 'Like I Trust a North Korean Chef' With My Dog
(10-20-2015, 09:33 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: In Lucie's world racism is harmless fun.  But, if everyone doesn't close their eyes and at least pretend to pray when Christians do that's disrespectful.  Hilarious

I knew (and told) a bunch of off-color, racist, sexist jokes...when I was 14.

[Image: 9671_0496f.jpg]

I had them all.   Cool

Every now and again I get reminded of one and tell it to the kids so they can tell me how awful that was!  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-20-2015, 09:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: I knew (and told) a bunch of off-color, racist, sexist jokes...when I was 14.

[Image: 9671_0496f.jpg]

I had them all.   Cool

Every now and again I get reminded of one and tell it to the kids so they can tell me how awful that was!  Smirk

Q:  What's the last sound you hear before a pubic hair hits the ground?

A:  (Makes spitting sound)
(10-20-2015, 09:59 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Q:  What's the last sound you hear before a pubic hair hits the ground?

A:  (Makes spitting sound)

Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-20-2015, 09:33 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: In Lucie's world racism is harmless fun.  But, if everyone doesn't close their eyes and at least pretend to pray when Christians do that's disrespectful.  Hilarious

Word are harmless. Let me know the last time a word physically injured anyone.

I am not responsible for how you feel about yourself. You are responsible for that, you have the power to allow someone's actions to hurt your feelings or you can laugh it off. I guess if you are ok with giving others power over you then you will have that problem.
I agree that Huckabee would have been better off not saying it, but is it really racism if it's a mostly true statement?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-20-2015, 09:41 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I have noticed a trend that the majority of people complaining about political correctness are disgruntled, bitter white guys whose life didn't turn out as planned and pine for the good ol' days of the Fifties.  The 1850s. 

The remainder seem to be people like Limbaugh, Beck, O'Reilly, et al who pander to these disgruntled, bitter white guys to support their lifestyle.

but they'll be damned if someone else is going to have an easier time reaching mediocrity than they did.  

also.  stay the **** off my lawn.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-20-2015, 04:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Word are harmless.   Let me know the last time a word physically injured anyone.  

I am not responsible for how you feel about yourself.   You are responsible for that, you have the power to allow someone's actions to hurt your feelings or you can laugh it off.    I guess if you are ok with giving others power over you then you will have that problem.

If words are harmless why do you complain about profanity?  Even as I type this you are in another thread complaining I insulted you because I quoted you?  Why are you complaining about insults?  Why do the rules here prevent me from expressing exactly how I feel about your level of intelligence?
(10-19-2015, 05:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It was a racist joke.  People used to get upset about it.... They don't anymore.  Because everyone realizes it is what it is.... A joke.   Which does not hurt anyone.   Is it racist when someone makes a white person joke?   No, because it's funny to make fun of each other.

For a guy who freaks about manners and common people not cussing in public is seems weird that you're fine with a man running for office making racist jokes. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
(10-20-2015, 04:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Word are harmless.   

Blatantly untrue. Even the Supreme Court does not take such a lax approach to speech.

I'll bet anything that if I said certain things about, say, your wife and children, there would be enormous potential for harm--for both of us.