Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huckabee praises Paraguay for denying abortion for 10 year old raped by her stepdad
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/huckabee-abortion-10-year-old-rape-incest-victim_55d0a275e4b07addcb433a4a?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013&section=politics

Not to start another abortion debate, but this is interesting given the extreme abortion views Huckabee holds. Most Americans at least support exceptions (like rape and incest). Here we have a man who is suggesting that a 10 year old victim of incest and rape should not be allowed to have an abortion. She was 11 when she gave birth and had to have a C section.

Huckabee has previously suggested that the President has the power to ban abortions and seems to be open to using the FBI or national guard to prevent women from having abortions if he is elected.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Notice the deafening silence.

StLucieBengal? Anywhere?
(08-16-2015, 06:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/huckabee-abortion-10-year-old-rape-incest-victim_55d0a275e4b07addcb433a4a?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013&section=politics

Not to start another abortion debate, but this is interesting given the extreme abortion views Huckabee holds. Most Americans at least support exceptions (like rape and incest). Here we have a man who is suggesting that a 10 year old victim of incest and rape should not be allowed to have an abortion. She was 11 when she gave birth and had to have a C section.

Huckabee has previously suggested that the President has the power to ban abortions and seems to be open to using the FBI or national guard to prevent women from having abortions if he is elected.

[Image: 2ec7bd55f2b3ffd161ad8a775f430e118655c377...176955.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-16-2015, 06:55 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Notice the deafening silence.

StLucieBengal? Anywhere?

A proper lady carries her step-father's rape child!

Ninja
(08-16-2015, 07:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: A proper lady carries her step-father's rape child!

Ninja

Unless they're savages from South America or Africa!
And that's why Huckabee has no chance.
Your right pat this is interesting, especially considering the national debate that is happening.

I don't care for huckabee for the most part but in an attempt to be considerate of his views without my bias towards him.

I can see where adding the trauma of a girl having to live with killing Her own baby . On top of the already traumatic rape at a young age. I can't see how that's going to help anything long term. In the short term.... Yes it will help to kill the baby. But that's only gonna cover the trauma underneath.

At least with the baby alive she may have a chance to come to grips and see that it was not all bad. Plus she isn't dealing with the idea that she killed her own kid.

Should she raise the baby? I think that's ridiculous to expect her to do that....

A tough choice indeed.
Oh look another abortion thread.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

While I am one that is adamantly opposed to abortion, I do believe that there should be exceptions put into place for these types of situations.

The only concern that I'd have is that is declaring rape or incest enough to merit getting one? I mean, could every woman that wanted an abortion simply walk into the abortion clinic and claim that she was raped or the victim of incest?

If that's the case, what purpose would it serve to ban abortions and put these types of exceptions in place?
(08-16-2015, 11:02 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: While I am one that is adamantly opposed to abortion, I do believe that there should be exceptions put into place for these types of situations.

The only concern that I'd have is that is declaring rape or incest enough to merit getting one?  I mean, could every woman that wanted an abortion simply walk into the abortion clinic and claim that she was raped or the victim of incest?

If that's the case, what purpose would it serve to ban abortions and put these types of exceptions in place?

That's the hard part.  If you wait for an investigation and trial you probably get into the third trimester and the question is moot.  And that's another reason abortion is such a tough subject for most of us.  You have people who are absolutely 100% of the belief that a fetus is a baby...who support killing the fetus in certain circumstances.  Even Dr. Carson.  

But at 10?  What heartless bastard would say that forcing a TEN YEAR OLD to carry a baby to term after being raped is whats "for the best"?

Oh yeah.  The ones running for President of the United States.
(08-16-2015, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh look another abortion thread.

To be fair, someone other than Woodley, er,  St. Lucie should be allowed to start one every once in a while.
(08-16-2015, 07:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: At least with the baby alive she may have a chance to come to grips and see that it was not all bad.

Agreed.  Lord knows we need to emphasize the positive aspects of 10 year old girls being raped and impregnated by stepfathers.
(08-16-2015, 11:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  Lord knows we need to emphasize the positive aspects of 10 year old girls being raped and impregnated by stepfathers.

To be certain.  I mean there's no chance she'll be further traumatized by living with the baby of her step father's rape growing in her every day.  I'm sure the daily reminder of her violation doesn't bother her at all.  Not having one free moment to think about a subject other than being repeatedly raped at ten years old by a parental figure can't be that bad can it?  In fact it can be a positive because of...uh... I got nothing.
(08-16-2015, 11:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's the hard part.  If you wait for an investigation and trial you probably get into the third trimester and the question is moot.  And that's another reason abortion is such a tough subject for most of us.  You have people who are absolutely 100% of the belief that a fetus is a baby...who support killing the fetus in certain circumstances.  Even Dr. Carson.  

Yeah, but so does that mean that we have to live with a million cases of abortions every year for the few exceptions such as this? 

I know that I have a 14 year old daughter and that if she were raped I wouldn't want her to have to keep it, but I can't imagine that there couldn't be a better way to deal with this than waiting for a trial or just taking a person's word for it.  
(08-16-2015, 11:22 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Yeah, but so does that mean that we have to live with a million cases of abortions every year for the few exceptions such as this? 

I know that I have a 14 year old daughter and that if she were raped I wouldn't want her to have to keep it, but I can't imagine that there couldn't be a better way to deal with this than waiting for a trial or just taking a person's word for it.  

And that's why it not up for any one to decide, except the woman carrying the baby and possibly the father.  No one else should be making the decision for them.  Not you, not me and certainly not some politician.
(08-16-2015, 11:39 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: And that's why it not up for any one to decide, except the woman carrying the baby and possibly the father.  No one else should be making the decision for them.  Not you, not me and certainly not some politician.

Would you make the decision for your daughter?
(08-16-2015, 11:42 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Would you make the decision for your daughter?

I don't know, but we would discuss it with her mother.   It would not be up to anyone else but the three of us.

But I don't have a daughter, I only have a son.
(08-16-2015, 11:39 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: And that's why it not up for any one to decide, except the woman carrying the baby and possibly the father.  No one else should be making the decision for them.  Not you, not me and certainly not some politician.

(08-16-2015, 11:47 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I don't know, but we would discuss it with her mother.   It would not be up to anyone else but the three of us.

But I don't have a daughter, I only have a son.

Sounds consistent.  
(08-16-2015, 11:53 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Sounds consistent.  

Trust me I'm well versed in sarcasm.

I guess it must be spelled out for you.

Ultimately it is up to the woman/girl having to carry the baby.  However the father may be involved in the discussion or parents if the girl is a minor.  I'd say that should be pretty obvious, so yea I'd say pretty consistent.
Seems kinda hypocritical. Morality takes a back seat here because of law; yet, morality takes a front seat there because of law.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]