Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL
I have never been a Hue fan going all the way back to his days as our WR coach. He does talk a good game though.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:06 PM)Benton Wrote: With the backs we have and line in front of them, our offense should have no problems this year. If Hue can find a way to make the passing game more consistent, we should have one of the best offenses this season.

I could not agree more. I think Hue now is comfortable with what he has for main weapons. Yeah he has some new toys to play with but I think overall he knows what he has for the main cogs. For this reason I feel very confident that our offense is going to have a really solid year.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 05:02 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This is the boat that I'm in. I make no lies when I say that I was ecstatic when we promoted Hue to OC, but it was definitely deflating this year. Like you said, the Colts seemed to know our playbook better than we did. The TNF Cleveland game also comes to mind. One of the things that blew me away was Hue's reaction to his bad games. His reactions seemed that he wasn't the OC of that game. It didn't hit him that the team was bad until the game was over. Did he really not feel like adjustments needed to be made?

Also, his act with Hill got old real quick.

What act with Hill would you be talking about? Are you referring to the one where he stated he should just shut up and play RB in which he was completely correct?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 01:50 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Here are the rankings of our offense.

2014- 15th
2013- 10th
2012- 22nd

That is about as average as you can get. Every team has injuries so you could make the case for other teams to be ranked higher or lower as well. Bottom line we have an average offense over the past 3 seasons yet the talent level on offense is top 5 besides the QB.

In 2012 Green-Ellis was our starting RB, our #2 WR was 5'7" Andrew Hawkins who is a decent slot receiver but had no business playing on the outside.  Our #3 WR was Armon Binns with 210 receiving yards.  Our #2 TE was Orson Charles with 8 receptions, and after Cook went down with injury we had a huge hole at center.

Should we have been better than 22nd?  Maybe, but not by much.

Anyone who tries to claim that 2012 offense had top 5 talent is delusional.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 08:32 PM)OSUfan Wrote: What act with Hill would you be talking about? Are you referring to the one where he stated he should just shut up and play RB in which he was completely correct?

While I'm not surprised that you agree with a coach, many on here (myself included) think Hue was wrong for publicly trashing his RB.

Besides, it really didn't start there. It started in preseason when he left Hill in for pretty much the whole 4th preseason game while giving him around 30 touches. It's as if he was trying to publicly embarrass Hill. Then he made comments about his conditioning (again, publicly).

You'd think a guy who has been harping about leadership and fire this offseason would've appreciated his RB showing some pride in his mates.

No wonder Chad choked him out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I like Hue but I don't think he is the 4th best OC in the game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 11:55 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: NFL.com did yet another list, this time of the best OC's.

Hue was ranked 4th

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000498248/article/todd-haley-norv-turner-among-top-10-offensive-coordinators

Thought it was interesting, and I also pondered where Jay Gruden would be, if he were still the OC here.

Whatever happened to earning accolades before they are bestowed? Sad

Reply/Quote
our offense should be a lot better this year
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 12:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: While I'm not surprised that you agree with a coach, many on here (myself included) think Hue was wrong for publicly trashing his RB.

Besides, it really didn't start there. It started in preseason when he left Hill in for pretty much the whole 4th preseason game while giving him around 30 touches. It's as if he was trying to publicly embarrass Hill. Then he made comments about his conditioning (again, publicly).

You'd think a guy who has been harping about leadership and fire this offseason would've appreciated his RB showing some pride in his mates.

No wonder Chad choked him out.
Pride in his mates? He did not show pride in his mates he talked trash about a team that just publicly humiliated his team.

He played a rookie in the preseason? For shame why would he do that? Comments had been made about the conditioning of Andre early in his career and I do not remember you making any stink about that.

Can you please provide me a link to where I can verify that Chad choked out Hue? So far this rumor has run pretty much the gauntlet of the coaching staff from Marvin on down to the cord carrier.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 11:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2012 Green-Ellis was our starting RB, our #2 WR was 5'7" Andrew Hawkins who is a decent slot receiver but had no business playing on the outside.  Our #3 WR was Armon Binns with 210 receiving yards.  Our #2 TE was Orson Charles with 8 receptions, and after Cook went down with injury we had a huge hole at center.

Should we have been better than 22nd?  Maybe, but not by much.

Anyone who tries to claim that 2012 offense had top 5 talent is delusional.

While I agree with you that we should have been a little better than 22nd but definitely not top 5, your post is flat out wrong about Hawkins. It's so frustrating trying to have discussions with fans that have no clue what they are talking about.

Andrew Hawkins wasn't our #2, he absolutely played in the slot for the entire season. The only reason he had more targets, yards, and receptions than our #2 is that the actual #2 spot on the outside was a revolving door that year. Sanu, Tate, Binns, and Jones all saw time there but Hawkins was in the slot for the whole season. 86.2% of his routes were out of the slot which almost topped the league in percentage that year. Most "slot receivers" are there about 70% of the time, give or take a bit. Hawkins would have had no business playing on the outside, but he DIDN'T play on the outside.

I'll even preemptively mock my post by you saying "it was a joke, see, that's what you do!!!!!" so we can get that out of the way now. Should we just assume that you have no idea what you're talking about since you got something wrong about a Bengals team years ago? That's what you do to others because you're a shitty human being.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 08:32 PM)OSUfan Wrote: What act with Hill would you be talking about? Are you referring to the one where he stated he should just shut up and play RB in which he was completely correct?

Yeah, God forbid a player should have fire and enthusiasm  We would never want that, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 08:42 AM)McC Wrote: Yeah, God forbid a player should have fire and enthusiasm  We would never want that, right?

Well some of the coaches don't seem to have any, especially the HC, so why would the players need to have any.  Plus, there's no emotion in football.  Guys have a job to do and should just go out and do it.  None of this getting fired up crap is needed.   Sarcasm
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote

if this is correct; shouldn't Hue just shut up and run the offense?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 05:33 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Pride in his mates? He did not show pride in his mates he talked trash about a team that just publicly humiliated his team.

He played a rookie in the preseason? For shame why would he do that? Comments had been made about the conditioning of Andre early in his career and I do not remember you making any stink about that.

Can you please provide me a link to where I can verify that Chad choked out Hue? So far this rumor has run pretty much the gauntlet of the coaching staff from Marvin on down to the cord carrier.

What Hill's comments boiled down to, was that he felt his team was better and he was embarrassed to lose to an inferior team. To me, that's backing your mates. I've seen guys like Terrell Suggs take shots at other teams. Has his coach lashed out at him for it? Even if Hill could've worded it better, I appreciate where his heart was at.

Hue's public comments towards Hill were over the top. Here's a quote after the Bucs game:

Quote:"He has to block the safety," Jackson said. "Didn't you just say eighth man in the box? That's the back's job. The great back, that's his job. So that's what you need to tell Jeremy for me."

He threw jabs at Hill like this all season long. You probably don't remember me making a stink about Andre Smith comments because Andre had those issues in 2009-10. I wasn't on the boards back then.

The Hue comment was made tongue in cheek, but I'd imagine public jabs don't go over well with players. It doesn't seem professional to me and I rarely hear about coaches publicly ripping their players. Do you think that's a common and acceptable practice?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 01:50 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Here are the rankings of our offense.

2014- 15th
2013- 10th
2012- 22nd

That is about as average as you can get. Every team has injuries so you could make the case for other teams to be ranked higher or lower as well. Bottom line we have an average offense over the past 3 seasons yet the talent level on offense is top 5 besides the QB.

I'm curious as to why everyone thinks we have immense talent, but 1 out of 53 Bengals was voted to top 100 by their peers.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 05:33 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Pride in his mates? He did not show pride in his mates he talked trash about a team that just publicly humiliated his team.

Hill said something to the effect of "It wasn't so much that the Browns beat us as we beat ourselves". That's showing pride in your team.

What Jackson should have said in public was Hill is an enthusiastic young RB who's doing a good job for us. Then privately said whatever to Hill if he thought it necessary.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 01:53 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Whatever happened to earning accolades before they are bestowed? Sad

This.  Part of me wants to believe that Hue is that good...but what has he really done?  Gone 8-8 as a HC w/ the Raiders and piloted the Bengals to 15th ranked O in the league?  How does that translate into one of the best coordinators in the league?  I'll be frank with this next one because I know what's coming(injury excuses).  Without Jeremy Hill's breakout rookie season Hue's offense would've flat out stunk.  That's a credit to the line, the scouting department, and most of all Hill.  As with the McCarron situation I'm not sold one bit on the hype.
Reply/Quote
I hear guys here constantly cry that one of the biggest problems with Bengals coaches is that their is no accountability and that they never hold the players responsible for their poor play.

Then when Hue holds a player accountable for his poor conditioning and play everyone trashes the coach for throwing his player under the bus.

There is no winning with some fans. They just bithc and moan whatever the coaches do.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 08:24 AM)djs7685 Wrote: While I agree with you that we should have been a little better than 22nd but definitely not top 5, your post is flat out wrong about Hawkins. It's so frustrating trying to have discussions with fans that have no clue what they are talking about.

Andrew Hawkins wasn't our #2, he absolutely played in the slot for the entire season. The only reason he had more targets, yards, and receptions than our #2 is that the actual #2 spot on the outside was a revolving door that year. Sanu, Tate, Binns, and Jones all saw time there but Hawkins was in the slot for the whole season. 86.2% of his routes were out of the slot which almost topped the league in percentage that year. Most "slot receivers" are there about 70% of the time, give or take a bit. Hawkins would have had no business playing on the outside, but he DIDN'T play on the outside.

I'll even preemptively mock my post by you saying "it was a joke, see, that's what you do!!!!!" so we can get that out of the way now. Should we just assume that you have no idea what you're talking about since you got something wrong about a Bengals team years ago? That's what you do to others because you're a shitty human being.

I was just joking.

Why do you take everything I saw so seriously?

Actually I will be man enough to admit when I was wrong.  (Unlike some others here)  Where ever Hawkins lined up it was a sure sign that we had a weak receiving coorps once you got past Green.  
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 10:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  Where ever Hawkins lined up it was a sure sign that we had a weak receiving coorps once you got past Green.  

Personally, I think the revolving door at #2 on the outside is a much more telling sign of the receiving corps that year than Hawkins being on the field in any capacity.

I think Hawkins is a fine slot receiver and it's not really a sign of weakness if he's lining up there, especially if his team is in need of a small, shifty player that's good in space.

Not sure your feelings on the kid, but I don't think he's bad at all, he's just clearly not an outside receiver and probably shouldn't be seeing 100 targets in a season.
Reply/Quote