Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL
Maybe Hill is the kind of player who needs his shit called out in public for it to really sink in.

Maybe that's the best way to get him to respond.

Why are we so worried about it? Did Hill complain or did he respond with a great rookie season?
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 11:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Maybe Hill is the kind of player who needs his shit called out in public for it to really sink in.

Maybe that's the best way to get him to respond.

Why are we so worried about it? Did Hill complain or did he respond with a great rookie season?

Good Point.

However, as others have stated Hue kinda wore on me as the season went on with his - shall we say tactics.

Perhaps if we were winning more no one would have noticed ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 11:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Good Point.

However, as others have stated Hue kinda wore on me as the season went on with his - shall we say tactics.

We were only capable of winning one extra game last year because the losses were so... God awful.

We were out scored by 105 points in 5 losses.

Like the last 5 playoff games were replaying in mid season and good ole number 6 finished us off.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 11:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Good Point.

Zimmer was a giant prick and no one cared. 
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 12:35 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Zimmer was a giant prick and no one cared. 

Meh. Did Zim ever ride anyone publicly the way Hue did all season with Hill last year? If so, I can't recall it. He even came to bat for Maualuga for pete's sake.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 12:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. Did Zim ever ride anyone publicly the way Hue did all season with Hill last year? If so, I can't recall it. He even came to bat for Maualuga for pete's sake.

Pretty sure he took it to a few guys on Hard Knocks. 

Quote:Mike Zimmer admitted during HBO's Hard Knocks that he was hard on Burfict -- the old saying is that if your coach is yelling at you, then you're alright.

Just seems much ado about nothing.....
Reply/Quote
Lest we forget last season featured a lot of offensive injuries which largely wiped out the TE and WR position groups. Add in the defensive problems (and the injuries there which wrecked the LB corps) and the wonder is that we won 10 games.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 01:01 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Pretty sure he took it to a few guys on Hard Knocks. 

Just seems much ado about nothing.....

Yep.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 10:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I hear guys here constantly cry that one of the biggest problems with Bengals coaches is that their is no accountability and that they never hold the players responsible for their poor play.

Then when Hue holds a player accountable for his poor conditioning and play everyone trashes the coach for throwing his player under the bus.

There is no winning with some fans.  They just bithc and moan whatever the coaches do.

Accountability is great.  Doing it to the media is the mark of a small man. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 12:35 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Zimmer was a giant prick and no one cared. 

He didn't do it in the media.  Big difference.  One had his player's backs.  The other stabbed them in the back.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 05:50 AM)McC Wrote: Accountability is great.  Doing it to the media is the mark of a small man. 

Then how do these fans who cry about lack of accountability know the coaches are not doing it behind closed doors?

As someone has already said, how do you know that Hill did not need to be called out in public in order to shape up?

Hill is a grown man playing in the NFL.  If he is going to be crushed by a coach calling him out in public then I don't want him on the team.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 05:52 AM)McC Wrote: He didn't do it in the media.  Big difference.  One had his player's backs.  The other stabbed them in the back.

Stabbed in the back? That's a bit too far.

While it's debatable that Hue's words to the media seemed immature, it's how Hue is. Hill responded by doing well and better.

Some players need things like that. They need to hear it. Maybe Hue was saying it behind closed doors and it wasn't getting to Hill until it came out publicly.

Honestly, this is all ado about nothing. Hue is fine. Hill is fine. Both are in a position to do good things this upcoming year.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 09:17 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Stabbed in the back? That's a bit too far.

While it's debatable that Hue's words to the media seemed immature, it's how Hue is. Hill responded by doing well and better.

Some players need things like that. They need to hear it. Maybe Hue was saying it behind closed doors and it wasn't getting to Hill until it came out publicly.

Honestly, this is all ado about nothing. Hue is fine. Hill is fine. Both are in a position to do good things this upcoming year.

That is how Hue is--an arrogant blowhard.  Like somebody said earlier, if not for Hill, Hue's offense would have been a disaster.  I think Hill was gonna do what he did no matter what.  Hell, it took Hue half a season to know  what he had.   How genius is that?

Well, with all this talent on offense, anything less than a top four offense will be a fail on Mouth's part, won't it?  Hue is in it for one thing--his next HC job.

Calling him the 4th best OC in the game seems ridiculous and not really based on much more than speculation.

There were times last year when Hue was utterly lost.  The 4th best should never seem lost, imo.  The proof will come this year, one way or the other.  I hope he rises to the occasion but I have many, many doubts that he will.  And if he fails, who will he blame it on?

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 09:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then how do these fans who cry about lack of accountability know the coaches are not doing it behind closed doors?

As someone has already said, how do you know that Hill did not need to be called out in public in order to shape up?

Hill is a grown man playing in the NFL.  If he is going to be crushed by a coach calling him out in public then I don't want him on the team.

How do you know he did?  The genius Hue, trying to coach out one of the things that makes Hill who he is.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 09:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then how do these fans who cry about lack of accountability know the coaches are not doing it behind closed doors?

How do we know ? Seriously ?

How about a HC who's been HC for 13 seasons now and has yet to win a playoff game ? Nowhere else in the NFL would that happen ! No accountability at the top - no accountability anywhere.

Dennis Roland being on the team for 5 years or whatever and wouldn't make any other teams PS ! How do these guys just get a free pass in Bengal World ? - Guys know if they like you, you're in no matter if you can play.

Tate fumbling ever other PR a few years ago, running backwards, fielding punts on the one and keeping his job !

Tenured coaches who've been here for many years and ain't getting the job done - Zampese anyone ?

Lack of accountability is rampant on this team and no media report is needed to know it.
Reply/Quote
Since this thread is about Hue - can anyone tell me what part Hue played in the CP to Oakland deal? Was he the guy that pretty much bet the farm on that deal and held the Afraiders down and pimped the Bengals? Or was that just more Al wackiness? I don't recall the story. If that was a Hue doing - my bat senses tell me the Bengals may not want to be all in with him. Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 09:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How do we know ? Seriously ?

How about a HC who's been HC for 13 seasons now and has yet to win a playoff game ? Nowhere else in the NFL would that happen ! No accountability at the top - no accountability anywhere.

Dennis Roland being on the team for 5 years or whatever and wouldn't make any other teams PS ! How do these guys just get a free pass in Bengal World ? - Guys know if they like you, you're in no matter if you can play.

Tate fumbling ever other PR a few years ago, running backwards, fielding punts on the one and keeping his job !

Tenured coaches who've been here for many years and ain't getting the job done - Zampese anyone ?

Lack of accountability is rampant on this team and no media report is needed to know it.

Dennis roland was a key part of an O-line that helped us win a division title.  he would have played for lots of other teams.

Tate is an above averge kick and punt return man.  the numbers prove it.

Kitna and palmer had their best seasons under Zampese, and the way he got Dalton ready for the 2011 season with not off season OTAs or minicamps was very impressive.  He has gotten more out of a 2nd round pick that many QB coaches get out of first round poicks.  Teams have even shown interest in hiting him as an OC.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 09:36 AM)McC Wrote: How do you know he did?  

I don't know.  That is why I am not squeeling and squirting all over myself about it.

But I do know that if Hill is so fragile that this stuff hurts him then I don't want him on the team.

(06-26-2015, 09:36 AM)McC Wrote: The genius Hue, trying to coach out one of the things that makes Hill who he is.

Hue is not trying to coach out any of Hi;ll's positive qualities.  That is just silly.

I have never been a huge fan of Hue.  I don't think he is close to the 4th best OC in the league, but the comments he made about Hill are no big problem for me.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Dennis roland was a key part of an O-line that helped us win a division title.  he would have played for lots of other teams.

Tate is an above averge kick and punt return man.  the numbers prove it.

Kitna and palmer had their best seasons under Zampese, and the way he got Dalton ready for the 2011 season with not off season OTAs or minicamps was very impressive.  He has gotten more out of a 2nd round pick that many QB coaches get out of first round poicks.  Teams have even shown interest in hiting him as an OC.

He can develop a guy.  He's proven that. 

But there's that one damning thing--the turnovers, which all three of his QB's have had in common. 

Maybe he's just been unlucky enough to have gotten three guys with that in their DNA and that's the bottom line.

Maybe it's just a cruel coincidence.  But there's no denying he hasn't been able to fix that in any of them.  Something like that seems a lot like a flaw looking from the outside in.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 10:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know.  That is why I am not squeeling and squirting all over myself about it.

But I do know that if Hill is so fragile that this stuff hurts him then I don't want him on the team.

Hue is not trying to coach out any of Hi;ll's positive qualities.  That is just silly.

I have never been a huge fan of Hue.  I don't think he is close to the 4th best OC in the league, but the comments he made about Hill are no big problem for me.

Glad you agree with me.  It was a silly thing to do.

Reply/Quote