Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about this scenario?
(01-11-2019, 10:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Foles is a true anomaly. Outside of late season/playoff Eagles with that one WR he's been very underwhelming !

Like the Texans backup QB several years ago. Has like 4 NFL wins as a starter and 3 of them are against Bengals. Like 55 QB rating against all other teams 100 against us.

This isn't true. He threw 28 tds to 1 int under chip in philly. I actually think they lost their only playoff game that year. Having said this, I dont want Foles. I would much rather us draft Drew Lock.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 07:45 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The BIG difference between Foles and Dalton though is this - Foles game play improves the more pressure there is, Dalton's game play drops off. There is no denying that. So if I had my choice I would take Foles over Dalton for that reason. Higher probability that Foles will perform better than Dalton in big games.

Not really.  Foles had a 70.6 QBR in the playoffs this year, and the Eagles failed to score over 16 points in both games.  They also only scored 15 in the Wild Card round against the Falcons last year.  The Eagles have been held to under 17 in 3 of his 5 playoff starts, but are 2-1 in those games thanks to some stellar outings by their defense.  He doesn't necessarily elevate his game in crunch time.  He's just wildly inconsistent and sometimes the swings go in his team's favor.  Other times, they win in spite of him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:48 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Fine. I bow to your expertise. Al I know is that whenever I see him play he is winning. Guess I just haven't seen enough. 

There is a lot to like in Foles.  High character guy, and he never stops trying to improve himself.  The light may have just come on for him later, but he has accomplished quite a bit in Philly.

I would honestly think about keep Foles and trying to get a high #1 pick for Wentz and build from there.  Foles is 30 and has not taken a pounding.  I think he reads defenses better than Wentz. 

I don't see the Bengals giving up on Dalton any time soon.  He deserves to see what he can do with this new coaching staff.  The guy played really well last year before his team ended up a MASH unit.  That comeback against pitt should have been his "finally!" moment, but the defense sucked.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote