Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson fed up with Bungles image.....
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13102615/cincinnati-bengals-look-shed-queen-city-bungles-label-tired

Good.....now do something about it!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 09:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13102615/cincinnati-bengals-look-shed-queen-city-bungles-label-tired

Our last playoff win wasn't to the Oakland Raiders. It was to the Houston Oilers. We lost to the raiders that year in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 09:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13102615/cincinnati-bengals-look-shed-queen-city-bungles-label-tired

That would be nice. 

I'm always leery of even nibbling on the preseason lip service cause we read and hear it every year. 

It would be nice if the team came out and punched people in the mouth and then stomped on them, not worrying about the score. I'd just like to see a hard hitting team that keeps putting pressure on your until the 4th quarter winds down to zeros instead of getting a lead and then trying to coast to the finish. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 09:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm always leery of even nibbling on the preseason lip service cause we read and hear it every year. 

Very true. Talk is cheap in June. Let's see a playoff victory in January.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 09:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That would be nice. 

I'm always leery of even nibbling on the preseason lip service cause we read and hear it every year. 

It would be nice if the team came out and punched people in the mouth and then stomped on them, not worrying about the score. I'd just like to see a hard hitting team that keeps putting pressure on your until the 4th quarter winds down to zeros instead of getting a lead and then trying to coast to the finish. 

Yep.  Preseason rah-rah articles do nothing for me anymore.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 09:25 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Our last playoff win wasn't to the Oakland Raiders. It was to the Houston Oilers. We lost to the raiders that year in the playoffs.

Yes, but that's not the point here......

......the last player to score in a playoff victory is approaching 60!  (Jimmy Breech)

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24931901/last-bengals-player-to-score-in-a-bengals-playoff-win-is-almost-60

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 09:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That would be nice. 

Amen.  I want action.....

What got me interested in this article (beside the fact that it popped up on my ESPN app) was Jackson's refusal to sugar coat or tip toe around the subject like some other coaches around here are prone to do.  

At least he admits they earned that title, and that it's embarrassing.

Reply/Quote
Make it to the AFC Championship game that will shut some up.
Reply/Quote
I love it.

This team needs intensity and fire!

I think we need to come out, give Jeremy Hill the ball, and punch teams in the mouth.

I love this quote from Hue:

Quote:"If you ain't coming with the hammer, you shouldn't even come."

We need that intensity to be the big kid on the block and to just come out and say "we're doing this and you won't stop us."
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 10:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I love it.

This team needs intensity and fire!

I think we need to come out, give Jeremy Hill the ball, and punch teams in the mouth.

I love this quote from Hue:

We need that intensity to be the big kid on the block and to just come out and say "we're doing this and you won't stop us."

But i gotta know...

How pumped are you?!  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 10:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But i gotta know...

How pumped are you?!  Ninja

on a scale of 0-100 from that article? A big fat zero.

Hue was going on and on last year about how tough he was going to make the offense and it would be an offense we haven't seen. The only thing I saw last year was a shittier offense who had a hell of a time getting a touchdown when it was in the red zone. After being one of the best teams with Jay in the red zone we took a major step back.

So Hue, zip it and win it.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 10:49 PM)GodFather Wrote: on a scale of 0-100 from that article? A big fat zero.

Hue was going on and on last year about how tough he was going to make the offense and it would be an offense we haven't seen. The only thing I saw last year was a shittier offense who had a hell of a time getting a touchdown when it was in the red zone. After being one of the best teams with Jay in the red zone we took a major step back.

So Hue, zip it and win it.

I'm excited about this season because we should have a great running game complemented by having all of our weapons back in the passing attack. Plus our defense should be greatly improved.  But don't we all think the Bengals can win the Super Bowl before every season?
Reply/Quote
It makes for good reading. But I'd rather see the intensity out on the field during crunch time. Bottom line, this coaching staff needs to show some fire, and pass it on to the players. Or we're always going to be the "nice guys" of the NFL.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Man if we don't do it this year I don't know how we answer this same question next year.

"We just, uh, stink."
Reply/Quote
One of the talking heads, after the latest playoff debacle made a perfect point and I'm totally onboard with him.  Something along these lines :

"At this point there's nothing the Cincinnati Bengals can do that matters short of winning a playoff game ! There's no need to talk about FA, the draft, and blah, blah, blah, etc. There's no need for coaches to say blah, blah, blah, etc. None of it matters anymore".

Win a playoff game, that's all that matters !
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 11:13 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: It makes for good reading.  But I'd rather see the intensity out on the field during crunch time.  Bottom line, this coaching staff needs to show some fire, and pass it on to the players.  Or we're always going to be the "nice guys" of the NFL.

After so many years of a business like approach with little fire from so many players (like Palmer, Whit, Andy, AJ, Leon and so many others) I have to wonder if Marv's team's take on his identity.

Marv's strength is actually his business like approach to each season. It's made the team consistently competitive since '03. His biggest weakness (IMO) is that he lacks fire. Sure there was that one hard knocks quote, but outside of that when has Marv ever shown any fire?

We've never really had that fiery leader at any point during Marv's tenure. The biggest faces on the club have been guys I mentioned (Palmer, Whit, Andy, AJ, Leon, Peko, Geno). All nice guys, but not vocal leaders or fiery at all.

Burfict was getting there, but now he's shelved. Hill has some potential if Hue let's him talk. We really need more of it though, and we need it from the faces of the franchise.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 12:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: After so many years of a business like approach with little fire from so many players (like Palmer, Whit, Andy, AJ, Leon and so many others) I have to wonder if Marv's team's take on his identity.

Marv's strength is actually his business like approach to each season. It's made the team consistently competitive since '03. His biggest weakness (IMO) is that he lacks fire. Sure there was that one hard knocks quote, but outside of that when has Marv ever shown any fire?

We've never really had that fiery leader at any point during Marv's tenure. The biggest faces on the club have been guys I mentioned (Palmer, Whit, Andy, AJ, Leon, Peko, Geno). All nice guys, but not vocal leaders or fiery at all.

Burfict was getting there, but now he's shelved. Hill has some potential if Hue let's him talk. We really need more of it though, and we need it from the faces of the franchise.

Yep

I can see Marvin standing there now, down 2 scores with 6 minutes to go, arms folded across chest looking like he's wondering about where he's going for supper. Very little to no fire, like oh well we're going to lose again.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 12:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: After so many years of a business like approach with little fire from so many players (like Palmer, Whit, Andy, AJ, Leon and so many others) I have to wonder if Marv's team's take on his identity.

We've never really had that fiery leader at any point during Marv's tenure.

His tendency to clap after every mishap and misfortune our team goes through drives me wild.

Our punter breaks his jaw. He claps the team back to the sideline.

He is far too passive during games.
Reply/Quote
I'll give Hue credit in the fact that at least he does show some fire.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 12:46 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: His tendency to clap after every mishap and misfortune our team goes through drives me wild.

Our punter breaks his jaw. He claps the team back to the sideline.

He is far too passive during games.

Meh - it's better than the 90's, right? Smirk
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote