Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson
He got to cute yesterday on the screen but he has pretty much been on point throughout the year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Tyler Kroft is a nice player. I know there is only 1 ball and we have so many playmakers but he can help us in the future in two te sets.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:27 PM)Derrick Wrote: Frankly I am a little tired of hearing how good this team is. They have lost 3 of last 4 games. This is a typical Marvy Lewis team - good against lower level teams but pathetic against real contender teams. Enough with the hype!!!

You're exactly right, 10-3 with a 2-game lead in the division is deplorable.  I'm sure you'd rather have the juggernaut Steelers record, 8-5 and 2 games behind with 3 to play?

Get a grip dude, it's the NFL and any team can win any day.  They're all good.  Sounds like you just want to complain about something and probably always look at the negative things in life?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hue's probably heading out the door to coach after this season, so who do you think we'll replace him with? Some internal hire?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:03 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: You're exactly right, 10-3 with a 2-game lead in the division is deplorable.  I'm sure you'd rather have the juggernaut Steelers record, 8-5 and 2 games behind with 3 to play?

Get a grip dude, it's the NFL and any team can win any day.  They're all good.  Sounds like you just want to complain about something and probably always look at the negative things in life?

I can somewhat understand why someone would think that way. NFL media tends to usually view and talk about the Bengals in some type of negative manner; hence maybe some of that (or a lot) rubbing off on viewers.

Although in reality, we've had one heck of a season and there isn't really much to legitimately gripe about.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hue's probably heading out the door to coach after this season, so who do you think we'll replace him with?  Some internal hire?

I was just talking about this with one of my contractors. He is a big Titans fan and is hoping Hue lands there. I doubt they hire within, they wouldn't have hired gruden if they had the people here.

Maybe chud when that staff is fired on Indy. He really incorporates the TE's and is willing to take shots as needed.

Zampese would be the only guy on staff but he is more In the Martz/bratkowski style of offense. Doubt marvin wants that...

Possibly Bill Callahan .... Marvin asked Jon Gruden before and he recommended Jay.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I was just talking about this with one of my contractors.  He is a big Titans fan and is hoping Hue lands there.     I doubt they hire within, they wouldn't have hired gruden if they had the people here.    

Maybe chud when that staff is fired on Indy.   He really incorporates the TE's and is willing to take shots as needed.  

Zampese would be the only guy on staff but he is more In the Martz/bratkowski style of offense.   Doubt marvin wants that...  

Possibly Bill Callahan .... Marvin asked Jon Gruden before and he recommended Jay.

I was feeling pretty pessimistic sitting there with my Steeler fan pals yesterday and I predicted Hue gets a HC job, the Bengals get some crap OC to replace him, Dalton regresses to being an 86.3 rating QB, and the window closes.  Yea, melodramatic.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 12:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hue Jackson, in my opinion, has been a bad play caller/ game planner all year. I think he maybe one of the more overrated coaches in the league.

Im getting a little tired of his crazy formations, splitting Whit out wide only to run the ball when your best offensive lineman isnt even on the line. How does that make sense? Why do screen passes to Fisher, an offensive lineman, when you have a guy like Bernard who is leaps and bounds more of a play maker? I just don't get it.

Hue is getting too cute. He is trying to trick his opponent when we should just be lining up and letting our skill guys, who are some of the best in the league, do their job. 2nd and goal at the 4 and we do a little shuffle pass play? Really? Line up your guy and run the damn ball. Have some faith in your players.

Andy went out of the game yesterday and what do we do? Pass the ball 3 straight times. Why not lean on the run at that point? Even when we do run, why are we continuing to lean on Hill? Its OBVIOUS that Gio has been a significantly better runner than hill this year and can do so much more, yet he has gotten a fraction of the touches lately. Are we afraid to hurt Hill's feelings?

I'm just getting tired of it. We talk all the time about how "talented" this team is, yet we do some bullshit on offense where we don't even get our best players involved. C'mon Hue.

I simply don't agree he's been a bad play caller/planner all year. Even with the talent we've had if he was that bad then we would not have had the best start to a bengal season ever and would not have the offensive ranking we do.

I've been really impressed with the relationship and trust he's built with Dalton. He seems to be creating plays, plans which Dalton has been completely dialled into ...basically he's been a key part of his growth this year and helped him to be the best rated QB in the league for 13 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I was just talking about this with one of my contractors.  He is a big Titans fan and is hoping Hue lands there.     I doubt they hire within, they wouldn't have hired gruden if they had the people here.    

Maybe chud when that staff is fired on Indy.   He really incorporates the TE's and is willing to take shots as needed.  

Zampese would be the only guy on staff but he is more In the Martz/bratkowski style of offense.   Doubt marvin wants that...  

Brat is waiting in the wings already apart of the staff much like Hue and Guenther was. If Hue leaves, Brat is the new OC. That's pretty much is guaranteed as Marvin's backup plan to losing Hue.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was feeling pretty pessimistic sitting there with my Steeler fan pals yesterday and I predicted Hue gets a HC job, the Bengals get some crap OC to replace him, Dalton regresses to being an 86.3 rating QB, and the window closes.  Yea, melodramatic.

I don't think Marvin will make a bad hire. He has done pretty well with the two he has made. He inherited brat.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was feeling pretty pessimistic sitting there with my Steeler fan pals yesterday and I predicted Hue gets a HC job, the Bengals get some crap OC to replace him, Dalton regresses to being an 86.3 rating QB, and the window closes.  Yea, melodramatic.

Dalton's regression may because those "cute" shifts everyone hates on are gone with Hue. Those shifts force the defense into checks to more basic coverage which give Dalton a much easier defense to read. People think Hue does it for fun, but there is a legitimate football reason, and I wouldn't be surprised if that becomes the "it" thing around the league next year.
Reply/Quote
He was able to take Dalton from only 19 tds and what 17 picks in the first year of the system to 25-7. That is impressive. The shifts make the D prepare for one more thing each week. Hue has done a great job. It is always easy to second guess play calling when things don't work.

I would of loved to seen us run the ball instead of the screen to Gio but considering Eiffert broke a very similar play for 25 on the drive I bet everyone thought Gio would walk in.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 04:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: Dalton's regression may because those "cute" shifts everyone hates on are gone with Hue. Those shifts force the defense into checks to more basic coverage which give Dalton a much easier defense to read. People think Hue does it for fun, but there is a legitimate football reason, and I wouldn't be surprised if that becomes the "it" thing around the league next year.

What are you talking about? Whenever we do the shifts its either A. a bubble screen to the outside or B. a run play. 

There is no need to read a defense when the the place the ball is going to is predetermined before the snap. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I've been pleased with Hue overall for this season. There have been times that he gets too cute for himself, but he makes it tough for opposing defenses because they have to gameplan for so many different formations and plays.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
For whatever reason we aren't run blocking very well for Hill and nothing has been done to fix it. Might change this week with McCarron at QB though.

I've never liked those crazy formations. Mostly seems to confuse ourselves.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 05:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: For whatever reason we aren't run blocking very well for Hill and nothing has been done to fix it. Might change this week with McCarron at QB though.

I've never liked those crazy formations. Mostly seems to confuse ourselves.

The penalties are indeed annoying and silly. Like a false start on a wide receiver.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:27 PM)Derrick Wrote: Frankly I am a little tired of hearing how good this team is. They have lost 3 of last 4 games. This is a typical Marvy Lewis team - good against lower level teams but pathetic against real contender teams. Enough with the hype!!!

Are you even serious with this?  The team was 10-2 entering yesterday, with the number one seed in the AFC.  In what altered universe is that not a very good team?  Both Denver and New England have lost two in a row at some point this season, and even after the loss they are the number two seed currently.  This is absolute crazy talk...
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 02:23 PM)BigSeph Wrote: #4 in the NFL in offensive TDs per game.

#6 in total offense.

Not to mention the most important thing of all; Dalton having a career year. The guy had the highest QB rating in the league prior to the injury. Not sure why people continue to hate on Hue....he will be a head coach soon and perhaps our great offense will go with him.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 05:52 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Not to mention the most important thing of all; Dalton having a career year. The guy had the highest QB rating in the league prior to the injury. Not sure why people continue to hate on Hue....he will be a head coach soon and perhaps our great offense will go with him.

I don't get it either. Hue has even been getting love on the national level.  Yet....here in JN....he's a bum and we're glad our starter is injured in hopes of being Nostradamus on some preseason Facebook post about our backup.  SMH.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think he's done well overall. But I have grown tired of the silly alignments as well. All those trick plays could be swing passes or screens to Gio. Line up and go play big boy football, enough of this backyard stuff!
Reply/Quote