Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue not in the mix for 49ers now
(01-12-2016, 05:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure why he wouldn't want to work with Kaep. All they need is a coach to get him playing to how Harbs had him. No need for him to be a Brady.

Kaepernick is a pistol QB and struggles in an NFL offense. If the 49ers wanted to keep Kaepernick they should have kept the Michigan guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Hue's "creative" enough to work with Kaep. You can work with Kaep. Just can't try to make him into a pocket passer. Takes the right kind of coach.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: If Hue goes to Cleveland it won't be too bad. He'll be back in a couple years unlike Zim. I think the 49'rs would be the better option. Interesting no word on Vance (unless I missed it), thought it was all but official he was Miami's DC.

That was overblown about Vance. He's still in play, but there's a thought that he'll go with Hue and become his DC.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Kaepernick is a pistol QB and struggles in an NFL offense. If the 49ers wanted to keep Kaepernick they should have kept the Michigan guy.

(01-12-2016, 06:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hue's "creative" enough to work with Kaep. You can work with Kaep. Just can't try to make him into a pocket passer. Takes the right kind of coach.

The best idea I've ever heard about pistol QBs is to have about 2-3 of them and rotate them like RBs. It was suggested to bring in Vick and pair him with Kaep and get a third similar type in the draft or via FA.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That was overblown about Vance. He's still in play, but there's a thought that he'll go with Hue and become his DC.

I wouldn't count out marvin and mike sorting something out for VJ as well.   Not DC but a higher position and the promise of promotion.    It has to be an easy sell because our coordinators are wanted.

Can also tell the Kevin Coyle story and how other places aren't as stable as here.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The best idea I've ever heard about pistol QBs is to have about 2-3 of them and rotate them like RBs. It was suggested to bring in Vick and pair him with Kaep and get a third similar type in the draft or via FA.  

I've been waiting for somebody to try this with a handful of the QBs that come out every year or couple years that are good athletes, good runners and moderate passers, but not pocket passers.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 07:06 PM)Benton Wrote: I've been waiting for somebody to try this with a handful of the QBs that come out every year or couple years that are good athletes, good runners and moderate passers, but not pocket passers.

It might work for awhile but the defenses catch up pretty quick.  Going wacky got the Skins to the playoffs.  Course, it got RGIII broken, but if you have a few of them, you might still see one of them standing by the end of the year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hue will be in Cleveland or NY next and then Dalton will take steps backward because he has a new OC.
Reply/Quote
Surely to goodness Hue is not stupid enough to take the two year stint in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Surely to goodness Hue is not stupid enough to take the two year stint in Cleveland.

Might not be that bad a deal.  Coach a year, get fired, take a year off with pay.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 08:12 PM)McC Wrote: Might not be that bad a deal.  Coach a year, get fired, take a year off with pay.

That might cause owners with future opportunities to have some doubt about Hue's decision-making abilities. He could be viewed as being in it just for the money, or just stupid or something else less flattering. Cleveland is the league joke, and money-ball exec didn't make it any better, at least not yet (he does need time to prove his ineffectiveness). 

I'm thinking Hue will definitely weigh all serious issues before making a move, if he makes one at all this year. Multiple opportunities do not mean the right one is out there for him this year.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I just can't see Hue up North. They go through coaches like water. I honestly don't see him succeeding in that city. Somewhere else....yes.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 07:13 PM)McC Wrote: It might work for awhile but the defenses catch up pretty quick.  Going wacky got the Skins to the playoffs.  Course, it got RGIII broken, but if you have a few of them, you might still see one of them standing by the end of the year.

its the running back / Kleenex theory. You use one up, move on to the next. If you've got a rotation of three qbs coming into the game, hopefully it keeps you from running through them as quickly as you do an rg lll.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 09:55 PM)Benton Wrote: its the running back / Kleenex theory. You use one up, move on to the next. If you've got a rotation of three qbs coming into the game, hopefully it keeps you from running through them as quickly as you do an rg lll.

It would be something to see, I'm sure.  

Reply/Quote