Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue's glad Andy is waving off play calls
Dalton has thrown 1 TD to 6 INT in the playoffs. He's completed just 55% of his passes in those games. In the 4 games, the offense has averaged 9 points per game.

To say that Dalton is underrated is laughable.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 12:43 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Dalton has thrown 1 TD to 6 INT in the playoffs. He's completed just 55% of his passes in those games. In the 4 games, the offense has averaged 9 points per game.

To say that Dalton is underrated is laughable.

thats 4 games out of his career. Where he wasnt the only one not playing to potential.

You cant ignore everything else and just focus on those 4 games
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 01:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thats 4 games out of his career.  Where he wasnt the only one not playing to potential.

Okay.

Andy is a career 85 passer rating kind of guy playing in the passer friendly era. He's viewed as an average starter that struggles in the postseason by just about everybody that watches football in the universe.

He isn't "underrated". Outside of like 7 goofballs/trolls, I don't think he's overrated either though. Andy is usually ranked right around where he belongs.

I don't know how anyone can actually argue if somebody makes the statement "Andy Dalton isn't underrated". That sounds pretty accurate to me. Nobody thinks he's Ryan Leaf, but he gets picked on in the media because he's not a great QB either, I can't recall many of those guys saying he's awful.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 01:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thats 4 games out of his career.  Where he wasnt the only one not playing to potential.

actually..you can..the real season begins with the playoffs and the very good teams, players and coaches separate themselves..the bengals and dalton are a good team..just not a very good tea,m
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 02:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: More leadership and smarts is what we need out of AD. Good news.

I think Hue was trying to mold AD into something he was not last year and hence his poor play.

Dalton can be a really good QB as long as he is not overthinking things. Have fun, get into a rhythm and play football.

highschool  and college quarterbacks waive off plays and yell at their offense all the time..so what..we go through this nonsense every pre season
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 01:51 PM)xavierdude Wrote: actually..you can..the real season begins with the playoffs and the very good teams, players and coaches separate themselves..the bengals and dalton are a good team..just not a very good tea,m

So you don't watch the first 16 games then? 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 01:57 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So you don't watch the first 16 games then? 

Nah, because the Bengals and Dalton are a good team, they just aren't a very good tea,m.

I have no idea what that means, but it sounds awesome to me. Consider me in this guy's club of awesomeness.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 01:59 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Nah, because the Bengals and Dalton are a good team, they just aren't a very good tea,m.

I have no idea what that means, but it sounds awesome to me. Consider me in this guy's club of awesomeness.

Sounds like someone who became a fan around 2012. 
Any life long Bengal fan who can't enjoy the winning regular season...I just don't know what to say.

People seem to forget that enjoying the regular season and wanting a playoff win are not mutually exclusive. 
You can have both. 
Reply/Quote
Would Andy be able to waive off pass plays if the run is working?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 02:06 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Would Andy be able to waive off pass plays if the run is working?

AD audibled to a QB run (2 or 3 yard) against the Ravens at Cincy last year for the winning TD.

Hue stated it after the game so yes he can audible to a run or a pass.

I don't see people who don't like AD give him credit for that gutsy audible. Of course, if he had failed, then we would seem the venom from the exact same guys who love to pounce on his mistakes while ignoring his success.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
When Tom Coughlin says we're a good team.....I'll take his word for it. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 01:51 PM)xavierdude Wrote: actually..you can..the real season begins with the playoffs and the very good teams, players and coaches separate themselves..the bengals and dalton are a good team..just not a very good tea,m

Newsflash!  The "real" season doesn't start until January.  The 16 games leading up to the "real" season are just for fun.  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 02:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: AD audibled to a QB run (2 or 3 yard) against the Ravens at Cincy last year for the winning TD.

Hue stated it after the game so yes he can audible to a run or a pass.

I don't see people who don't like AD give him credit for that gutsy audible. Of course, if he had failed, then we would seem the venom from the exact same guys who love to pounce on his mistakes while ignoring his success.

I would have loved to have seen him audible against Gruden's plays in the playoff game against the Chargers.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 02:50 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I would have loved to have seen him audible against Gruden's plays in the playoff game against the Chargers.

First thing he would've had to do was make them get BJGE off of the damn bench!

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 02:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: First thing he would've had to do was make them get BJGE off of the damn bench!

Yeah. He owned that Chargers D-Line.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 08:51 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Just like you did here....

....there can always be SOMETHING to put on somebody other than Andy. Like jakefromstatefarm said, your question isn't really fair, because you're just going to have an excuse for every single game that anyone mentions where Andy played poorly. I'm not even saying you'd be wrong, because I could find someone other than Andy screwing up in each game too. BUT, that's not really a fair statement to make unless you mention that you could do the same thing for any other team and any other QB. You can always find at least one other person to blame no matter what. It's a team sport and a team game, if you look closely enough, you can always find more than 1 guy doing something wrong. Some just do more wrong than others, hence the scrutiny of certain players.

I think you missed the point.  Whether he was a statistical hall of famer against the Dolphins or not, he had his team in place to win the game.  I seem to remember a pretty costly fumble from someone in that one as well.

As far as drawing comparisons to other team's QBs leading to losses, I would venture to say that no Tampa, Jags, Browns, or Redskins fans are saying things like "If our QB can just not be horrible, we will win a lot of games".  It seems to me that a great deal of credit for the success of this team is being placed on everyone except on the starting QB.  You say that "some just do more wrong than others, hence the scrutiny", but I don't think Dalton has done more wrong. 

And I wasn't trying to spring a trap and counter any game that someone suggested was Dalton's fault with a bunch of stats or logic, I just wanted people to think that maybe he deserves a bit more credit than "just don't be horrible".
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 09:55 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I understand, but I'm just saying that even if such a game or games were listed, there are those that would excuse Dalton's performance by blaming it on something or someone else. 

Just like with many things in life, there are those that have a bias one way or the other.  They look for things that support their opinion, and either ignore or dismiss things that don't.  

The typical QB conundrum:  They get all the credit and they get all the blame.  I see Dalton getting all the blame (albeit some is sprinkled on Marvin Lewis), but I don't see him getting virtually any credit.  It just puzzles me. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 03:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The typical QB conundrum:  They get all the credit and they get all the blame.  I see Dalton getting all the blame (albeit some is sprinkled on Marvin Lewis), but I don't see him getting virtually any credit.  It just puzzles me. 

Do you read your own posts or the other dozen or so guys just like you on here?

I don't see him getting anything BUT the credit from some of you!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 03:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The typical QB conundrum:  They get all the credit and they get all the blame.  I see Dalton getting all the blame (albeit some is sprinkled on Marvin Lewis), but I don't see him getting virtually any credit.  It just puzzles me. 

I give him credit where it's due, and blame where it's due as well.

My point is that there always seems to be an excuse when he plays poorly. 

When you're a starting QB of an NFL team, you're going to be criticized.  He's not the only QB in the NFL that has injuries, coaching problems, poor line blocking, or receivers dropping passes or running wrong routes. 

If people think that Dalton is the QB that's going to lead the Bengals to a Super Bowl, fine.  I hope they're right.

He's done nothing to convince me that he's capable of doing so to this point.  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 02:58 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Yeah. He owned that Chargers D-Line.

What was so frustrating about that was he did every time he faced them.  It wasn't like it was a one off shot that game or anything.  Hell, he torched them just a few weeks before the playoff game.....smh.

Reply/Quote