Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge week for this Franchise
Now that we are an impressive 0-8 coming up on a bye week not to mention the trade deadline. This is the perfect time for the front office to show it at least has a pulse.

1. 0-8 bye week- Will they see what we have in Finley? Most teams might have already cycled through a QB or two by now but not that silly MB. What’s there to lose, see what we have before the next draft. Speaking of draft that leads to the next question.

2. We have aging players who are underperforming on a team that is far from just a couple players away from being a contender. Other teams still covet some of these guys and may be willing to give up a couple decent picks. Not only that but they are going to walk after this meaningless season. Man for a team that “ builds through the draft” this is a perfect scenario...not so fast. The Bengals and only the Bengals would be stubborn enough to not even entertain offers, unreal. Will we make some trades for picks?

I mean it seems any other team would be stock piling picks, and some winning teams are even looking to get more picks instead of just Settling on what they have now even though they are leading their division yet their still active in trades. How can a team that does nothing in FA with the belief you build through the draft not try to get more picks? This is the most frustrating franchise in sports. This week is a huge indicator if this franchise really wants to win or just settle for what we have now and what we are self in the draft. Seems amazingly lazy and a huge middle finger to the fans. Show you give a damn MB or just take your trash and leave.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 06:13 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Now that we are an impressive 0-8 coming up on a bye week not to mention the trade deadline. This is the perfect time for the front office to show it at least has a pulse.

1. 0-8 bye week- Will they see what we have in Finley? Most teams might have already cycled through a QB or two by now but not that silly MB. What’s there to lose, see what we have before the next draft. Speaking of draft that leads to the next question.

2. We have aging players who are underperforming on a team that is far from just a couple players away from being a contender. Other teams still covet some of these guys and may be willing to give up a couple decent picks. Not only that but they are going to walk after this meaningless season. Man for a team that “ builds through the draft” this is a perfect scenario...not so fast. The Bengals and only the Bengals would be stubborn enough to not even entertain offers, unreal. Will we make some trades for picks?

I mean it seems any other team would be stock piling picks, and some winning teams are even looking to get more picks instead of just Settling on what they have now even though they are leading their division yet their still active in trades. How can a team that does nothing in FA with the belief you build through the draft not try to get more picks? This is the most frustrating franchise in sports. This week is a huge indicator if this franchise really wants to win or just settle for what we have now and what we are self in the draft. Seems amazingly lazy and a huge middle finger to the fans. Show you give a damn MB or just take your trash and leave.

I said it in another thread, but if they don't make at least 2 trades, then it's an awful move. 

You should aim to unload Dalton, Green, Eifert, Glenn, Dre, Dunlap, and Geno. At least 2 from that group. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 06:21 PM)thillan Wrote: I said it in another thread, but if they don't make at least 2 trades, then it's an awful move. 

You should aim to unload Dalton, Green, Eifert, Glenn, Dre, Dunlap, and Geno. At least 2 from that group. 

I wouldn't trade Geno or Green. The rest can go
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 06:21 PM)thillan Wrote: I said it in another thread, but if they don't make at least 2 trades, then it's an awful move. 

I'd make it 3 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I smell an 8-8 finish with AJ back! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 06:52 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I smell an 8-8 finish with AJ back!  Ninja

McCarron?
Reply/Quote
As much as I would hate to see Green, Adkins heck even Eifert go, from a business standpoint wouldn’t you think you would almost have to at this point. Are we going to pay them top dollar, doubt it. We are not on some playoff run here this season so why hang onto these guys just to see them walk for nothing after the season. The only thing we will do by keeping these guys is hurt our draft position. So keep them and get a worse pick, or deal them for several picks while still having a high pick of our own. I’m with you both, if we fail to make a single trade, not even 2 or 3 cause I just don’t think that’s realistic with this Owner. Just a single damn trade, that will be a huge finger to all the fans who have suffered over the years. How can anyone believe a word out of the FO’s mouth about being committed to winning if they don’t make a single trade. Oh the dreaded Comp picks...smh
Reply/Quote
Everyone that can be traded needs to go, what needs to happen this week....

1. Trade who we can - AJ, Geno, Carlos, Andy, Dre, Preston Brown, Eifert, etc.

2. Name Ryan Finley the starter at QB, let Jake D see some action as well

3. Hand over the play calling to the OC, let Zac concentrate on evaluating who's left (coaches and players)

4. $2 Beers at the Stadium, fans will need to drink heavily to sit through the last 8 weeks of the season
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
My DREAM Bye Week:
1. Andy is benched for Finley.
2. Green is traded. I would prefer a first rounder, but if they can only get a second rounder, fine. Outside of the Franchise tag, Green likely isn't a Bengal in 2020 and it'd probably be a waste of money if he is, because we won't be competitive for at least 2 seasons, at which point he will be 33.
3. Atkins is traded. Again, prefer a first rounder, but a second rounder would do. Like Green, he'll be in the last few years of his career by the time we're relevant. Try and get some capital for the future with him.
4. Kirkpatrick is traded. I don't care the compensation. Just get something for him. He's making nearly 10 million dollars per year in 2020 and 2021. We won't be all that competitive. No reason to keep him around.
5. Dunlap is traded. I think he would probably only fetch a 3rd or 4th rounder, but it's something, as he is in the same camp as Green and Atkins.

What I expect the Bye week to be:
1. Zac talks about how good our team looked in the first half and how we're closer than we seem.
2. They stubbornly refuse to trade anyone, unwilling to admit that a rebuild is upon them, whether they like it or not.
Reply/Quote
Trading good players for mid round picks is not a good thing. Infact it's a bad thing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
THERE WILL BE ZERO TRADES INVOLVING THE CINCINNATI BENGALS!

Get it out of your heads right now. You’re setting yourselves up for disappointment.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: THERE WILL BE ZERO TRADES INVOLVING THE CINCINNATI BENGALS!  

Get it out of your heads right now.  You’re setting yourselves up for disappointment.

I'd be shocked if they do anything of real value. They may trade Joe Umptyscratch for a 6th round pick or something meaningless like that.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 07:10 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My DREAM Bye Week:
2. Green is traded. I would prefer a first rounder, but if they can only get a second rounder, fine. Outside of the Franchise tag, Green likely isn't a Bengal in 2020 and it'd probably be a waste of money if he is, because we won't be competitive for at least 2 seasons, at which point he will be 33.
3. Atkins is traded. Again, prefer a first rounder, but a second rounder would do. Like Green, he'll be in the last few years of his career by the time we're relevant. Try and get some capital for the future with him.
4. Kirkpatrick is traded. I don't care the compensation. Just get something for him. He's making nearly 10 million dollars per year in 2020 and 2021. We won't be all that competitive. No reason to keep him around.
5. Dunlap is traded. I think he would probably only fetch a 3rd or 4th rounder, but it's something, as he is in the same camp as Green and Atkins.

1. Zac talks about how good our team looked in the first half and how we're closer than we seem.
2. They stubbornly refuse to trade anyone, unwilling to admit that a rebuild is upon them,  whether they like it or not.

This sums up my feelings on the matter, as well.  Well, except that I feel like Dunlap could fetch a 2/3 round pick..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
No other team wants Cincinnati castoffs. It’s the ugly truth.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd be shocked if they do anything of real value. They may trade Joe Umptyscratch for a 6th round pick or something meaningless like that.

I just bought a Joe Umptyscratch jersey, so with my luck they probably will trade him.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd be shocked if they do anything of real value. They may trade Joe Umptyscratch for a 6th round pick or something meaningless like that.

We might see Eifert traded...but that will be about it.

We won't see Finley named starter.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 07:10 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My DREAM Bye Week:

2. They stubbornly refuse to trade anyone, unwilling to admit that a rebuild is upon them, whether they like it or not.
This highlights what some fans that don’t want the good players traded don’t seem to admit. These players are aging, on decline and the Bengals aren’t a couple players away from being a good team. Keeping them means that you push them leaving down the road a year or two. You still don’t have a winning team, the player is now in total decline and you didn’t get crap for them. The problem of them declining doesn’t go away, you either cash in now for assets or you keep them while still losing and get nothing. Mike Brown has an approach to this situation. His approach is to do nothing and get nothing in return. I disagree with Mike’s philosophy.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: No other team wants Cincinnati castoffs. It’s the ugly truth.

New England seems to take our castoffs and get great production out of them

Also we will do little to nothing different in the by. Zach said we are close and when it all comes together it’s going to be fun. We will win with what we have.

New Dey
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We might see Eifert traded...but that will be about it.

We won't see Finley named starter.

It was sorta odd how Tyler Eifert was targeted today. Maybe they were showcasing him for a trade.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:39 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: New England seems to take our castoffs and get great production out of them

Also we will do little to nothing different in the by. Zach said we are close and when it all comes together it’s going to be fun. We will win with what we have.

New Dey

It’s because Belichick has a plan and knows how to maximize player strengths and attack opposition weaknesses. The Pats game plans and strategy is fluid depending on the players at hand. Rosters are churned to find additional players undervalued by other teams. Mike Brown’s only true plan is to employ family members, minimize overhead costs, and stubbornly stick to a management style that has rendered the front office and team the laughingstock of professional sports.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote