Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge week for this Franchise
(10-27-2019, 11:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It makes sense to go with Finley...but I doubt the Bengals do. Heck - they might still extend Dalton! This team likes to zig when people want them to zag.

I'm tellin' ya I think if Finley goes in there and flops like he logically should in this awful situation that just makes keeping Dalton that much more likely.  I could be wrong, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It makes sense to go with Finley...but I doubt the Bengals do. Heck - they might still extend Dalton! This team likes to zig when people want them to zag.

They like to drive straight into oncoming traffic if it means staying in the same lane they've been in for a long period of time.  

I think Finley playing is unlikely until December.  AJ is allegedly coming back, and there's no way a FO with this misguided sense of loyalty is giving a rookie a shot with their star WR when the entrenched starter has been without him all year.  If they struggle with AJ after a game or 3, I think the idea will be on the table.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:12 PM)samhain Wrote: They like to drive straight into oncoming traffic if it means staying in the same lane they've been in for a long period of time.  

I think Finley playing is unlikely until December.  AJ is allegedly coming back, and there's no way a FO with this misguided sense of loyalty is giving a rookie a shot with their star WR when the entrenched starter has been without him all year.  If they struggle with AJ after a game or 3, I think the idea will be on the table.

Everything I read says they think they should be 5-3 or 4-4 right now. They feel like a few things just didn't go there way.

Heck, they probably feel like they're a playoff team with AJ and Jonah.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Everything I read says they think they should be 5-3 or 4-4 right now. They feel like a few things just didn't go there way.

Heck, they probably feel like they're a playoff team with AJ and Jonah.

LOL.  AJ and Jonah aren't going to keep the D from giving up 450 yards.  Even if Jonah played and was good, 3/5 of the line is still trash.  LT may be a problem, but WR really isn't when you look at how the year has gone.  Tate and Erickson have played well and Boyd, for the most part is really good.  

Having those 2 will help, but they won't fix the core issues that have hampered this team for multiple seasons.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm tellin' ya I think if Finley goes in there and flops like he logically should in this awful situation that just makes keeping Dalton that much more likely.  I could be wrong, though.

He may flop. I dunno. He was draft by the Lac Attac, and everything he’s touched has turned into golden dildos, so Ryanfinley should be too.

But even if he is, so be it - we know we have to go QB early. First or Second Round. There is no downside to charging our Ryanfinley and letting him run around.

I can’t see even the Bungles circling back to Daldo in some sort of we-told-ya-so victory lap if our Ryanfinley is defective. But perhaps I should.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He may flop. I dunno. He was draft by the Lac Attac, and everything he’s touched has turned into golden dildos, so Ryanfinley should be too.

But even if he is, so be it - we know we have to go QB early. First or Second Round. There is no downside to charging our Ryanfinley and letting him run around.

I can’t see even the Bungles circling back to Daldo in some sort of we-told-ya-so victory lap if our Ryanfinley is defective. But perhaps I should.

Hey I can't see the future, but like I've said a bunch...if MB willingly moves on from a long-term starter in Dalton it will be the first time he's done it in decades.  THen again, I only consider Boomer/Palmer/Dalton to be franchise QBs MB has had to deal with.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fair enough, I've got nothing against the guy I was just sort of replying with a sort of odd confidence as him.  The guy is a 4th round pick rookie, not exactly the type of QB "anyone" would have under center halfway through the season with their starting QB uninjured.

Then again, how often do non-Bengal teams start 0-8 and roll with their starting QB?

This ^ most teams have an obvious issue, sometimes it’s the QB sometimes it’s not. This team has horrible, I mean absolutely horrible position groups, not just players but whole position groups. I’m not sure which is worse our offense or defense and our defense is historically bad. I guess what I’m getting at is most teams would have cycled threw their backup and maybe even the backup backup if the starter was playing poor. Not us, we are so bad it still overshadows Andy’s poor play. You know just how bad a team has to play to over shadow a Dalton meltdown, that’s pretty damn bad. But at the end of the day we are 0-8 and other than Andy having a “ Positive attitude” he’s been very inconsistent and has done little to convince me that he’s definitely not part of the problem. Yet the FO will keep throwing him out there and pretending we are just a healthy Green away from being competitive. Nobody’s job should be safe this week with the trade deadline approaching including Dalton. It’s not about winning at this point, it’s about evaluating what we have now in game time situations and moving forward and positioning ourself with the best possible chance of not repeating this next season. And of course MB and Co. do nothing but stick their head in the sand and pretend we are a respectable franchise that surely knows more than the fan base. Make a trade, do something, hell have we even benched a player this season for any amount of time other than Price? For playing bad. I guess it’s wishful thinking that we will bench Andy when we won’t even bench either LB’er. Will trading a couple players fix things, probably not. But if we are just going to let them walk after this season then what’s the point in keeping them. The same for benching Andy but we have got to see what we have in Finley/Delagolalala I’m all over the place, holy shit where is the Tylenol.....
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 11:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey I can't see the future, but like I've said a bunch...if MB willingly moves on from a long-term starter in Dalton it will be the first time he's done it in decades.  THen again, I only consider Boomer/Palmer/Dalton to be franchise QBs MB has had to deal with.

And 2 out of the 3 wanted out of here. Why can’t Dalton just be a dick.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 12:40 AM)TKUHL Wrote: And 2 out of the 3 wanted out of here. Why can’t Dalton just be a dick.

Well a few reasons, I guess.  #1 he's not a dick, even if we consider players not wanting to be here to be a "dick move."  #2 Boomer and Palmer were insta-starters for multiple teams when they left here, Dalton...ehh, not so sure.  That's 2 to start with.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 06:21 PM)thillan Wrote: I said it in another thread, but if they don't make at least 2 trades, then it's an awful move. 

You should aim to unload Dalton, Green, Eifert, Glenn, Dre, Dunlap, and Geno. At least 2 from that group. 

The way the team is playing I'm not sure any one player should be untradeable at this point.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2019, 08:39 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This highlights what some fans that don’t want the good players traded don’t seem to admit. These players are aging, on decline and the Bengals aren’t a couple players away from being a good team. Keeping them means that you push them leaving down the road a year or two. You still don’t have a winning team, the player is now in total decline and you didn’t get crap for them. The problem of them declining doesn’t go away, you either cash in now for assets or you keep them while still losing and get nothing. Mike Brown has an approach to this situation. His approach is to do nothing and get nothing in return. I disagree with Mike’s philosophy.
If the Bengals play their Cards right this offseason they can make this a quick fix. If it takes three to four years to rebuild this then they did something majorly wrong.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
And we found a way to crap the bed on a bye week. Well done Mike, well done.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 01:30 AM)J24 Wrote: If the Bengals play their Cards right this offseason they can make this a quick fix. If it takes three to four years to rebuild this then they did something majorly wrong.

You really see this as a quick fix? I see a team that needs 8-10 new starters.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 01:30 AM)J24 Wrote: If the Bengals play their Cards right this offseason they can make this a quick fix. If it takes three to four years to rebuild this then they did something majorly wrong.

We've not made the playoffs for 4 years in a row. Nothing quick about this fix. People have been talking about a quick fix for 4 years!

Now that we're staring a 0-16 or 1-15 or 2-14 season in the eyes...we're not in a spot for a quick fix. Plus guys like AJ, Geno, and Carlos are on the wrong side of 30.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 09:24 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: You really see this as a quick fix? I see a team that needs 8-10 new starters.

Yeah people are delusional.

We've not fixed the LB or offensive line position for 4 years...NOW is the year we do it...yeah right.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 09:24 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: You really see this as a quick fix? I see a team that needs 8-10 new starters.

Yes why else would I say it.
1.) Mixon, Green, Ross, Boyd, Tate = an elite skill position group.
2.) They already have a top prospect at Tackle and a good C. They need a LG and RT to fill out the Offensive line. If they use free agency they can take care of one of those positions and the other with a top 100 pick.
3.) They have a good Defensive line and secondary. They need a LBer or Two. Again address one in free agency and the other in the draft. Defense becomes a lot better with improvement from the LB core.
4.) They have a top 5 pick at least; probably top 3 and maybe even #1 overall. Plus they have a veteran QB that probably will get you back a third or fourth maybe even both if there lucky. If they trade the top pick they can get a lot back in return if they make the pick then there looking at a superstar.

There going to have to do a lot there not comfortable mainly free agency and draft but it's definitely not a hard rebuilding job.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 09:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We've not made the playoffs for 4 years in a row. Nothing quick about this fix. People have been talking about a quick fix for 4 years!

Now that we're staring a 0-16 or 1-15 or 2-14 season in the eyes...we're not in a spot for a quick fix. Plus guys like AJ, Geno, and Carlos are on the wrong side of 30.

So the Browns were 0-16 in 17 went 7-8-1 in 18 and we're two bad calls and a missed kick from 10-6.
While Dunlap, Green, and Atkins are over 30 there still good players and should be able to fight off father time for two to three years.
J24

Reply/Quote