Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntley starting
There’s even a 39-page heated thread on the Rat Turds Board discussing who’s better lol

Titled “Huntley > Lamar”

https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?221319-Huntley-gt-Lamar
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 10:05 PM)Whacked Wrote: There’s even a 39-page heated thread on the Rat Turds Board discussing who’s better lol

Titled “Huntley > Lamar”

https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?221319-Huntley-gt-Lamar

Well nobody ever accused Ravens fans of being too bright.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 06:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32934634/baltimore-ravens-expected-start-tyler-huntley-vs-cincinnati-bengals-non-covid-19-illness-source-says?platform=amp

Argggggggg

Bad news IMO

I think it is good news.  He may be more athletic than Lamar right now, but he hasn't seen as much.  The GB defensive plan looked very odd and stupid.  I think the Bengals will hold him down.

Unrelated, but I messaged my buddy that is a huge Lions fan (I know, misery loves company....but we kind of pull for each other's teams) that they should look in to signing him this offseason.  He is a free agent and I think a mobile QB would be nice in the NFC North.  I know Fields is mobile, but that team is a mess and needs a massive overhaul.  
Reply/Quote
Lose 3 games to a backup QB like TJ Yates and everyone starts running scared.
We just beat a backup last week (Lock).

What could go wrong? Huntley is no Mike White.

Having said that, we should be fine and happy Lamar is not playing.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 08:50 PM)Whacked Wrote: Reminder ….

Huntley literally almost just beat a Packers team playing their best football.

Cincy makes back-ups look like Tom Brady

We are not good at home

Most Analysts are picking us. This never ends well.

Well as long as the majority of our fan base can get depressed about it all and expect to lose the game then we can have a shot.
Reply/Quote
We're O'fer against backup QBs this season... Magic Mike White had a career day in October, and the Bears threw both of their backups at us.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So no Huntley now. Who is QB3?
[Image: UkugOhy.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2021, 03:41 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: So no Huntley now. Who is QB3?

Josh Johnson.
Reply/Quote
Huntley has played enough to make it into Any Given Sunday. Nervous
Reply/Quote
So can tge bengals beat a third string guy or is he another Brett Favre.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2021, 03:57 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: So can tge bengals beat a third string guy or is he another Brett Favre.

We have the worst luck w 2nd and 3rd stringers.
Reply/Quote
It we can’t beat Josh Johnson at home then we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Reply/Quote
Under no circumstances is drawing a 3rd string QB a bad thing. Even after Mike White, the entire “Bengals make backups look amazing” narrative is just not true — at least not any more than it is for most teams. One thing I see EVERYWHERE when I snoop opposing team boards is the exact same claim. Everyone thinks their team is terrible against backup QBs. It only takes a few outlier performances to bias memory.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2021, 10:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think it is good news.  He may be more athletic than Lamar right now, but he hasn't seen as much.  The GB defensive plan looked very odd and stupid.  I think the Bengals will hold him down.

Unrelated, but I messaged my buddy that is a huge Lions fan (I know, misery loves company....but we kind of pull for each other's teams) that they should look in to signing him this offseason.  He is a free agent and I think a mobile QB would be nice in the NFC North.  I know Fields is mobile, but that team is a mess and needs a massive overhaul.  
Just a quick not: my best friend growing up (and first ever friend), was a HUGE Lions and Barry Sanders fan growing up.

We're in a fantasy football league with all our other good friends, and we made a side bet of a grand at the start of the season and I was dominating until Derrick Henry went down. I rebounded and made the playoffs because I'm the greatest crippled fantasy football manager of all-time but he finished the regular season in first and we're playing in the playoffs this week. He was favored by a few but, at the last second, I decided to start AJ Brown and HE BLEW UP FOR 25 POINTS!

Now I'm favored by almost 17!

I do need to decide what to do about Gibson because he plays late, which there's a few scenarios: I have his backup, so do I wait to see which one of them starts and play whoever starts, which could be risky because what if Gibson starts but only plays a series or two, or do I take the safe route and start a Kyle Pitts at tight end? Could be very risky with the Ravens QB situation still questionable.

Does Josh Johnson rely on Pitts even more than Jackson or Huntley would?
(12-25-2021, 03:41 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: So no Huntley now.  Who is QB3?

I'm liking our chances even more!

We better be aggressive and get after Johnson! Don't let him get comfortable!
Reply/Quote
Johnson looked pretty good against the Bengals when he stole in for a series when Mike White was out. He seemed a little sloppy but was moving the ball anyways.

I always liked him when he was a Bengal and what him to a get a real shot but things never really worked out for him.

Hope he gets overwhelmed this Sunday and makes a hundred mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2021, 04:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It we can’t beat Josh Johnson at home then we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

AMEN! 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2021, 10:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think it is good news.  He may be more athletic than Lamar right now, but he hasn't seen as much.  The GB defensive plan looked very odd and stupid.  I think the Bengals will hold him down.

He's not a free agent next year. They would have to trade.
Reply/Quote
Wow!! Merry Christmas Bengals. Now capitalize on this gift.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2021, 04:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wow!! Merry Christmas Bengals. Now capitalize on this gift.

You asked the bengals to capitalize on a gift. Maybe third time the charm.
Reply/Quote
Lamar is out...he isn't even traveling to Cincinnati. They have no back up to Johnson

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote