Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical dream scenario
If Browning keeps playing like Monday night Titans maybe could potentially offer us Henry and a draft pick for Browning
Reply/Quote
Gotta remember they got Levis who had had some flashes this very season

Also….buckle up. I’m 90% sure I’m the only one whose gonna take the high road on this one
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Henry has been in the league 7yrs. He was drafted the same year as Ezekiel Elliot. He's approaching the end of his career IMO and doubt he would make much of an impact. The average career of an RB is between 2.5-5yrs. So 3.3yrs. Per Bing AI - his injury history is as follows:

Leg Fibula Fracture (Non-NFL): Henry fractured his fibula during a spring scrimmage1.

Leg Calf Strain: On November 6, 2016, Henry strained his calf in pregame warmups and sat out Week 9 against the Chargers1.

Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2: On December 18, 2019, Henry was inactive for the Week 16 game against the Saints due to a hamstring injury1.

Pedal Foot Fracture: On October 31, 2021, Henry suffered a broken bone in his foot during Week 8’s win over the Colts. He was placed on IR and missed nine games.

Concussion: Most recently, in December 2023, Henry entered concussion protocol after leaving a game early23.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not trashing Henry by any means and I understand the enthusiasm that surrounds him and the possibility of him coming here. He is one of the greatest RB's to play the game. However, he will not come with a small price tag and 1 season, very very soon, his numbers are going to fall off a cliff. I consider him a bad investment.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 03:03 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If Browning keeps playing like Monday night Titans maybe could potentially offer us Henry and a draft pick for Browning

Dream bigger.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 03:03 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If Browning keeps playing like Monday night Titans maybe could potentially offer us Henry and a draft pick for Browning

Think how good the Jets could be with a guy like Browning.  With that defense.  

Rodgers will be back next year but that's not a long term solution.
Reply/Quote

Henry is an UFA next year.
Reply/Quote

Maybe you should quit playing Madden 2019.
Reply/Quote
We need a playmaker that will make teams fear the run as much as the pass I like Mixon but teams dont fear us running it.
Reply/Quote
Guys on here have ripping the QB2 for years, and now that we found one(maybe), you want to ship him out after one good game.

I love this place
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 04:17 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Guys on here have ripping the QB2 for years, and now that we found one(maybe), you want to ship him out after one good game.

I love this place

Yeah, love it alright lol

Plus like Harley said, Henry is getting up there and isn't necessarily the King anymore. Like Casear said, dream bigger if the team 
has to shop Browning. Maybe if Browning has a great end to this season and gains a ton of value he might want to be traded so he
could start somewhere else and we could get a top player in their prime.
Reply/Quote

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHMbL6ej485aZ4tsavbqI...h7NicHFA&s]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I didn't realize he was signed for 2024..

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 05:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: I didn't realize he was signed for 2024..

Technically he isnt, but Jake is an ERFA.  All we have to do is extend a qualifying offer - league minimum, and he is locked up for the season.

Reply/Quote

they drafted levis who looks promising

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 03:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Dream bigger.

To Las Vegas for Maxx Crosby...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 06:14 PM)jason Wrote: To Las Vegas for Maxx Crosby...

Heck yeah, would love to have Mad Maxx here.
Reply/Quote
If Browning continues to win games and continues to dominate, a team could potentially offer us a 1st or 2nd for him. Let's not forget what the Browns offered for Mccaron.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 06:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If Browning continues to win games and continues to dominate, a team could potentially offer us a 1st or 2nd for him. Let's not forget what the Browns offered for Mccaron.

What did the Stains offer for McCarron again? I forgot. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Browning starts showing signs of possibly being one of the better backups in the league and the first thoughts to some people's minds are what we could get if we traded him.

Burrow has played two full seasons. Two. If Browning is a capable backup, at minimum; he needs to stay.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 04:03 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We need a playmaker that will make teams fear the run as much as the pass I like Mixon but teams dont fear us running it.

Henry's not the answer.

Hell, he should have lost his job to Spears already. I don't really know why they haven't started Spears yet but maybe they just figure that, since they're not going to make the playoffs, they'll let Henry finish with some respect since this is his last year and they'll let him pad his stats so he can get to 10,00 yards and 100 career TDs (he needs 900+ yards and around 15 CDs, if I remember correctly).

Isn't Tom just on a one-year contract anyways, meaning that we couldn't trade him unless we re-sign him or just completely give up on the season?

If a team offers a first or second, or maybe even a third, I'd take it because, if we're not going to make the playoffs, then it's pointless to keep winning games.
Reply/Quote