Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
I’m On To Pittsburgh
Put the Buffalo game behind us because Steelers Week is here! I have a sneaking suspicion the Bengals will get their first win of the season on Monday Night against Pittsburgh. It’s a true turnaround because the Steelers usually hand the Bengals their first loss of the season. I saw the bumblebees play the 40-whiners and it was ugly; both teams were trying their best to give the game away.

NOTE: Mason Rudolph is a beast. He’s an accurate downfield passer, very mobile, and he’s absolutely freaking enormous. Ben Roethlisberger isn’t getting his job back in Pittsburgh without serious competition.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Put the Buffalo game behind us because Steelers Week is here! I have a sneaking suspicion the Bengals will get their first win of the season on Monday Night against Pittsburgh. It’s a true turnaround because the Steelers usually hand the Bengals their first loss of the season. I saw the bumblebees play the 40-whiners and it was ugly; both teams were trying their best to give the game away.

NOTE: Mason Rudolph is a beast. He’s an accurate downfield passer, very mobile, and he’s absolutely freaking enormous. Ben Roethlisberger isn’t getting his job back in Pittsburgh without serious competition.

Really? I watched most of that game, Mason looked absolutely horrid until the end. He hit a good ball to JuJu and his deep pass he hit was blown coverage by 49ers. They gave them the ball 3 times in the first Q I believe and Mason couldn’t do anything with that. Didn’t look like a good QB to me.
Reply/Quote
More like on to the draft.

What are the stats for teams at 0-3 making the playoffs?

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: More like on to the draft.

11% of teams starting 0-2 make the playoffs.

5 teams since 1980 have made the playoffs after starting 0-3.
2.8% chance. Game, set, and match: Player two.

Time to figure out what this team will look like next year, unless AJ Green is some type of savior. Taylor is just trying to win for his job, and Andy may give him a chance to be 5-11 or so, and keep his job, but Andy has poor ROI at this point. When people say "we're just fielding the players who give us the best chance to win" it can mean poor return on investment in a situation like this. Your backup may just need in-game reps.
Reply/Quote

Not well;not well at all
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:07 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 11% of teams starting 0-2 make the playoffs.

2.8% chance. Time to figure out what this team will look like next year, unless AJ Green is some type of savior.

So you're saying there is a chance.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We should beat either the Steelers or Cardinals for our 1st win. Probably the Cardinals.

I expect the Steelers to use misdirection against us on offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We should beat either the Steelers or Cardinals for our 1st win. Probably the Cardinals.

Ummmm, there is NO WAY the current Bengals team beats either Pittsburgh or Arizona.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We should beat either the Steelers or Cardinals for our 1st win. Probably the Cardinals.

Someone else said that mason guy is a pretty good QB and Ben (at this point) shouldn't automatically be given his job back. Kind of wish Andy was up there in age now... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:15 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, there is NO WAY the current Bengals team beats either Pittsburgh or Arizona.

Did you see Pittsburgh? They are definitely beatable. I think Cards would be tougher actually
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:15 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Ummmm, there is NO WAY the current Bengals team beats either Pittsburgh or Arizona.

Who CAN we beat? is Miami on our schedule?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBS6QGsH_4
Reply/Quote
I could not possibly care less about playing the Steelers. We all know the result is 0 - 4
Reply/Quote
Pfft.. Bengals go 0-4 .. Prime time Andy against Pittsburgh?! Fuggaboutit
Reply/Quote
You do know IF we beat them in Pittsburgh, people will act like we won the SB.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You do know IF we beat them in Pittsburgh, people will act like we won the SB.

Well, we aren’t making the playoffs, so beating Pittsburgh would be our SB...

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You do know IF we beat them in Pittsburgh, people will act like we won the SB.

Make sure you keep everyone in check then.

#wolves
#leaderofthepack
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Bengals are in a one team race to get the #1 pick in the draft. As usual, we will pick the wrong person and he will turn out terrible. Either gets hurt before season starts or a complete utter failure. Either way we lose again.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:44 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Bengals are in a one team race to get the #1 pick in the draft. As usual, we will pick the wrong person and he will turn out terrible. Either gets hurt before season starts or a complete utter failure. Either way we lose again.

I don't even know where to start with this one...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

(09-22-2019, 09:07 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 11% of teams starting 0-2 make the playoffs.

2.8% chance. Game, set, and match: Player two.

Time to figure out what this team will look like next year, unless AJ Green is some type of savior. Taylor is just trying to win for his job, and Andy may give him a chance to be 5-11 or so, and keep his job, but Andy has poor ROI at this point. When people say "we're just fielding the players who give us the best chance to win" it can mean poor return on investment in a situation like this. Your backup may just need in-game reps.

I was waiting for someone to highlight this stat. It comes up every year when teams start 0-1 or 0-2.

We're toast. Maybe some day Mike will figure out how to run a team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:44 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Bengals are in a one team race to get the #1 pick in the draft. As usual, we will pick the wrong person and he will turn out terrible. Either gets hurt before season starts or a complete utter failure. Either way we lose again.

A one team race huh? Clearly you haven't seen Miami this year.

Make no mistake, the Bengals have been bad thus far, but compared to the Dolphins the Bengals look like world beaters.
Reply/Quote