Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hate This Time of Year (Let's Get Weird)
With all the debate between members here about FA or draft or coaching, let us all remember that when it comes to hate... It belongs pointed not at each other but at the dirtbag, cheating, cheap shot taking, asshole fan base having team in PA....

And no.. not the Eagles, the even worse fans...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 01:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Agreed.  I'd be welling to bet she can throw a decent spiral (don't know how far it would go, or hard she'd throw it, but a spiral nonetheless)  Troy, I gotta imagine, it's duck city.  

Wes- your posts are the best thing during this time of year!

You've been on fire!

Thank you !!!
Reply/Quote
Yeah, just wanting to get to March and then to St. Patrick's Day which I love cause I like to drink green beers and watch
funny Irish movies all day. Speaking of who on the O-line drinks the most brewskies I would say Spain might be able to
stay with anybody. Big dude, same with Fred Johnson.

Fat Randy wins the hot dog eating contest. I know he isn't near as big as some of the Lineman but it isn't about size in
these contests. I have seen little chinese women win against the biggest dudes around.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, just wanting to get to March and then to St. Patrick's Day which I love cause I like to drink green beers and watch
funny Irish movies all day. Speaking of who on the O-line drinks the most brewskies I would say Spain might be able to
stay with anybody. Big dude, same with Fred Johnson.

Fat Randy wins the hot dog eating contest. I know he isn't near as big as some of the Lineman but it isn't about size in
these contests. I have seen little chinese women win against the biggest dudes around.

I figure Hart is tipping more brewskies than anyone on that OL and that's why he's so damn sluggish and hungover looking all the time when guys blow past him.  

I skip the green beer, but I'll do some Irish beers that one time a year and always get some Irish whiskey out (Redbreast 12 and Connemara are two current favorites, but can't go wrong with Jameson, especially for the price!).  Last year we were supposed to host a party and I had two cases each of Harp lager, Bass lager and Guinness nitro cans.  Also had 3 corned beefs.  The day of the party, everyone bailed because COVID was just starting to worry people here and things were shutting down.  I still have some of that beer in my fridge, but I at corned beef with potatoes and reubens for about 3 weeks after to get through it. 

I'm really curious this offseason how the team is going to unveil the ROH, since it seems everything indicates it'll happen.  Will they do a guy or two each home game of the season?  Or do a big blowout with all of them at once?  Or maybe an era at a time?  With the talk about "classic and clean" unis and the ROH, things are feeling a little nostalgic.  Time to bring the live singer back to the sidelines! 
Reply/Quote
No way Randy wins a hotdog eating contest. His hotdogswallower muscle would cramp with the blue ribbon on the line!
Reply/Quote
Current Bengal (2020 Team) you'd like to:

Party with:

Have your back in a fight:

Work for you:

Hire to be HC:

Fight:

Babysit your dog
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 08:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Current Bengal (2020 Team) you'd like to:

Party with: Giovanni Bernard

Have your back in a fight:. Mackenzie Alexander. Daddy came home late, and he went after dude he was with.

Work for you: Joe Burrow

Hire to be HC: Joe Burrow

Fight: Trey Hopkins... Easy choice.

Babysit your dog: I don't have one, so I wouldn't care.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Quote:Have your back in a fight:. Mackenzie Alexander. Daddy came home late, and he went after dude he was with.

Mackenzie Alexander? Objectively wrong answer. It's obviously Alex Redmond (so long as the fight is taking place in a dark alleyway).    Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 09:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mackenzie Alexander? Objectively wrong answer. It's obviously Alex Redmond (so long as the fight is taking place in a dark alleyway).    Ninja

I'm sticking with Alexander, and there isn't a particularly close second in my book. I guess it'd be Vonn Bell if there were. I'll take heart over size all day when it comes to Redmond... I may not have been in TLC, but I don't hang with scrubs either.

And I'll never get that image of our offensive line sitting on the bench while half the Dolphins 53 man roster, and staff were on our side of the field after Thomas kept jacking their guy up on ST.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 09:54 PM)jason Wrote: I'm sticking with Alexander, and there isn't a particularly close second in my book. I guess it'd be Vonn Bell if there were. I'll take heart over size all day when it comes to Redmond... I may not have been in TLC, but I don't hang with scrubs either.

And I'll never get that image of our offensive line sitting on the bench while half the Dolphins 53 man roster, and staff were on our side of the field after Thomas kept jacking their guy up on ST.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/09/05/bengals-alex-redmond-undrafted-unhinged-and-starting-right-guard/1206935002/
Quote:Lewis says the 23-year-old Redmond is undeniably the first player he would take down an alley with him in a street fight.

...is the reference I was joking at.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Party with: Tee Higgins - Unmarried party beats married guy party.

Have your back in a fight: If Tee and I are at a strip club and Tee gets a little handsy I know Mixon would have our back against the strippers. He's got a mean open hand  Wink .

Work for you: Jonah Williams is a workhorse.

Hire to be HC: Joe Burrow could at least be a QB coach right now lol.

Fight: Kevin Huber...we are close to the same age and size gotta make it fair lol.

Babysit your dog: Giovani Bernard  just seems like a guy you could ask to house sit water the plants and feed the dogs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 10:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/09/05/bengals-alex-redmond-undrafted-unhinged-and-starting-right-guard/1206935002/

...is the reference I was joking at.

I read your post in Dave Lapham's voice.

If I ever find myself in a fight in a dark alley, Alex Redmond is the guy I want by my side... That dog'll hunt.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Mixon totally had his fist clenched when he hit that girl... Also; strippers have different life experiences than some college girl in Fazolis. Wouldn't be the first time a lot of them have been hit by a man, and some will even fight back.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Party with:

Have your back in a fight:

Work for you:

Hire to be HC:

Fight:

Babysit your dog

Joe Burrow. Pretty sure he could score us a few local girls

Margus Hunt: 6'9" 300 lbs of Eastern European Bad Ass

Sam Hubbard: Finance major that interned at Goldman Sachs

Trey Hopkins: Smart dude with a good head on his shoulders

John Ross. 5'11" 190 ibs of softness

Alex Erickson: Farm boy with degree in Agriculture
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Party with: Tyler Boyd. I don’t partake these days, but he could supply the party favors...

Have your back in a fight: Jonah Williams. You seen that play where he blocked 2 guys in a row to save Burrow’s life?

Work for you: Geno. Guy has always gone about his business the right way.

Hire to be HC: Joe Burrow. Hard to imagine there’s many players on the team as cerebral as Joey B.

Fight: Fat Randy. As long as he keeps his pants on.

Babysit your dog: Logan Wilson. My dog is huge, and quite a handful, might need some of that cowboy expertise.

Reply/Quote
This last post talking about Fat Randy "as long as he keeps his pants on." has got me to thinking why we haven't seen a meme with Bullock's face photo-shopped onto shirtless Randy of Trailer Park Boys' body!

Smirk

[Image: th?id=OIP.CjwV4tZFXw70OKI-2Ie3pwHaLH&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:00 PM)Mer Wrote: Sam Adams jersey number looked tiny when he played for us.

I also think of former Bengals he'd win the hot dog eating contest.

My 2 cents.

I completely agree and remember Sam laboring to get to the sidelines when he was called off the field.  That being said, when they lined up Peko next to Adams, that was over 700 lbs of beef in the middle and all runs were going to have to bounce outside.  I remember being so excited about that team when Palmer came back and lit up Green Bay (albeit in a preseason game).
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 02:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think May through July is the worst time.
There's really nothing going on, and the players have all been acquired. It's the farthest point from draft season too.

No way, dude!  The draft is like our Super Bowl, and we get to pontificate on and on about who had the best draft and what players will do what for us...

This is the absolute worst time of the year.  Last year was even worse, with UD poised to make a run at the NCAA Championship, only to have the F'n tournament cancelled.  Ok, now I'm even more grumpy.
Reply/Quote

Party with: Joe Burrow

Have your back in a fight: Joe Burrow

Work for you: Joe Burrow

Hire to be HC: Joe Burrow

Fight: Anyone that insults Joe Burrow

Babysit your dog: Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
"Fight: Trey Hopkins... Easy choice."

I have to ask, Jason, why Trey Hopkins?  

If there is a current Bengal I am most pissed at, it would likely have to be Trae Waynes for whatever stupid injury he gave himself (if he didn't have already)  the first time he lifted a weight at PBS.

Only other Bengal I might want to fight would be Alex Redmond, as he seems to have a pretty good reputation as a badass.   
Reply/Quote