Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Know We Still Have Business to Take Care of This Season BUT...
You would think we will be on most peoples' top 3 or 4 teams in the AFC entering next season... Wouldn't you think?

Don't get me wrong I am not dismissing what we still have in front of us this postseason but i am already really excited about the possibilities for '22-23. We are young , have the most talented skill players in the league, a leader in Burrow who expects titles, a young coach who will only get better, and plenty of cap room keep talent and bring in more talent. A good draft should help fortify the OL. Plus, good players across the league looking for a new place to call home are gonna want to play with guys like Burrow. The culture here now is one that expects to win playoff games and championships.

Wouldn't you think we should be looked at as being right there with the Chiefs and Bills going into next season? Where will the pundits rank us? Where do you see us heading into next season?
Reply/Quote
It depends on how the offseason goes, but at this point, I don’t imagine many people will pick any teams outside of the Bengals, Bills, and Chiefs as AFC favorites next season. Most people probably rank us 3rd at the moment, but with the flexibility the cap space gives us, in addition to the extra year for these young dudes in the system, we have the potential to be a lot of people’s trendy Super Bowl pick.

They need to FA-and-draft the shit out of the O-Line and the Secondary, and start building up the depth all around. We’re set up for future success better than any team in the league.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We are right there with the bills and chiefs.

Literally. 4 AFC teams left. All division winners. All with the same chance of making the super bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:12 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It depends on how the offseason goes, but at this point, I don’t imagine many people will pick any teams outside of the Bengals, Bills, and Chiefs as AFC favorites next season. Most people probably rank us 3rd at the moment, but with the flexibility the cap space gives us, in addition to the extra year for these young dudes in the system, we have the potential to be a lot of people’s trendy Super Bowl pick.

They need to FA-and-draft the shit out of the O-Line and the Secondary, and start building up the depth all around. We’re set up for future success better than any team in the league.

If the pass rush is so heavily dependent on Hendrickson, they may wanna beef that up too. I know Ossai played awesome in one of the games where Ja'Marr was a surefire bust, but we may wanna hedge our bets.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:22 PM)jason Wrote: If the pass rush is so heavily dependent on Hendrickson, they may wanna beef that up too. I know Ossai played awesome in one of the games where Ja'Marr was a surefire bust, but we may wanna hedge our bets.

The lines are the number 1 spot I want more depth at. If I had my choice, O-line and D-Line would be the first two picks in the draft for the next 5 years (barring a can’t miss BPA type player falling to us).

We have most of our skill players, now build those lines for sustained championship level football.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:30 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The lines are the number 1 spot I want more depth at. If I had my choice, O-line and D-Line would be the first two picks in the draft for the next 5 years (barring a can’t miss BPA type player falling to us).

We have most of our skill players, now build those lines for sustained championship level football.

I agree. I actually want another edge with our first round pick. I think we can grab a FA OL and one in the 2nd and be great. Adding another rotational piece with Hendrickson, Ossai, Hubbert will make the DL dominate. I also wouldn’t be upset grabbing a RB third round this coming draft OR next. Moving on from Mixon may be needed as RBs age quickly and I’m concerned he MAY be getting there soon.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:39 PM)Science Friction Wrote: You would think we will be on most peoples' top 3 or 4 teams in the AFC entering next season... Wouldn't you think?    

Don't get me wrong I am not dismissing what we still have in front of us this postseason but i am already really excited about the possibilities for '22-23.  We are young ,  have the most talented skill players in the league, a leader in Burrow who expects titles, a young coach who will only get better, and plenty of cap room keep talent and bring in more talent.  A good draft should help fortify the OL.  Plus, good players across the league looking for a new place to call home are gonna want to play with guys like Burrow. The culture here now is one that expects to win playoff games and championships.  

Wouldn't you think we should be looked at as being right there with the Chiefs and Bills going into next season? Where will the pundits rank us? Where do you see us heading into next season?

I totally agree with you on a bright future. WTS, you never know what could happen. Guys get injured, leave in FA, or have a down year. 

I'd say our future is right now. This moment, in these playoffs is what all of us die hard Bengal fans have been waiting for and it's here now. Who Dey!!!
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
Taylor is sure handed enough, but if there’s a Hester in the draft, a dynamic return man would be a great addition.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Not the spot for this post I know but this is such a good feeling. It’s a nice time to be a Bengals fan. It feels to have a solidness about it as well and this team seems to be set for a strong few years for a run at it.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:39 PM)Science Friction Wrote: You would think we will be on most peoples' top 3 or 4 teams in the AFC entering next season... Wouldn't you think?    

Don't get me wrong I am not dismissing what we still have in front of us this postseason but i am already really excited about the possibilities for '22-23.  We are young ,  have the most talented skill players in the league, a leader in Burrow who expects titles, a young coach who will only get better, and plenty of cap room keep talent and bring in more talent.  A good draft should help fortify the OL.  Plus, good players across the league looking for a new place to call home are gonna want to play with guys like Burrow. The culture here now is one that expects to win playoff games and championships.  

Oh yeah, the future is as bright as the sun around here. Don't look directly at it lol

Seriously, my question was coaching. Zac Taylor has become a very good coach along with his disciples in Brian, Lou, Pollack, 
Hobby, Golden, Walters etc. Zac Taylor should win coach of the year and to me it isn't even a question after winning our first 
Playoff victory for us in 31 years and on his first try in the Playoffs after Marv had 7 turns at it.

With Burrow and company and good damn Defense and good coaching in all 3 phases this team should scare the AFC just as
much as anybody and pretty much the NFL in its entirety.
Reply/Quote
I think we will be a top 3 team next year, but I don't expect to hear it from the press types. They are generally lazy and go with old narratives. The stories next year will be who the Stealers and Browns get to QB, and if Lamar has his team healthy again. Mind you, I still expect to sweep them, I just dont expect analysts to pick us yet.
Reply/Quote
We are still not getting enough love.
We should have beaten the #1 seed OVERALL yet we are 7th out of 8 remaining teams?
Bunch of crap

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/nfl/bs-sp-nfl-power-rankings-2021-divisional-round-20220118-tsqkjg3h5nhxllalvbuqji76ae-story.html
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 08:29 PM)Whacked Wrote: We are still not getting enough love.
We should have beaten the #1 seed OVERALL yet we are 7th out of 8 remaining teams?
Bunch of crap

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/nfl/bs-sp-nfl-power-rankings-2021-divisional-round-20220118-tsqkjg3h5nhxllalvbuqji76ae-story.html

I get that the chiefs have been the team in the AFC for a few years now but I do find it amusing they are still top ranked/favorites to win the AFC this year. 3 other AFC teams left and guess what? All 3 of those teams beat KC this year head to head. KC still the favorites over all of those teams lol
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 08:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think we will be a top 3 team next year, but I don't expect to hear it from the press types. They are generally lazy and go with old narratives. The stories next year will be who the Stealers and Browns get to QB, and if Lamar has his team healthy again. Mind you, I still expect to sweep them, I just dont expect analysts to pick us yet.

True, I thought the OP was talking more about the fans than the analysts who have paid bias for the Stool, Cows and such.

Prisco and boys like him that are decent will be on board I am sure no matter how we end the season, this was a statement year.

(01-19-2022, 08:29 PM)Whacked Wrote: We are still not getting enough love.
Bunch of crap

Its all good. Bring on the hate mang!  Smirk

(01-19-2022, 08:36 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I get that the chiefs have been the team in the AFC for a few years now but I do find it amusing they are still top ranked/favorites to win the AFC this year. 3 other AFC teams left and guess what? All 3 of those teams beat KC this year head to head. KC still the favorites over all of those teams lol

It is like the analysts don't even watch the current season, it is pretty laughable. 

Think we are undefeated against the AFC playoff teams so far. 

Could of beaten the Packers and Niners who are playing this weekend. Both went into OT with us.
Reply/Quote
So yeah, back to the topic: who do we select at Pick 32?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:57 AM)Interceptor Wrote: So yeah, back to the topic: who do we select at Pick 32?

"With the 31st pick the Packers select .....    Cincinnati is  on the clock. "    DAMN --- wouldn't that be nice!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 08:36 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I get that the chiefs have been the team in the AFC for a few years now but I do find it amusing they are still top ranked/favorites to win the AFC this year. 3 other AFC teams left and guess what? All 3 of those teams beat KC this year head to head. KC still the favorites over all of those teams lol

Home field advantage is a big deal during the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is like the analysts don't even watch the current season, it is pretty laughable. 

Think we are undefeated against the AFC playoff teams so far. 

Could of beaten the Packers and Niners who are playing this weekend. Both went into OT with us.

I mean, seriously, this. Being an NFL analyst has got to be the #1 job where you can be lazy, unprepared and not up to date, and keep your job. They had one of the top rules guys on the Sirius show The Blitz with Bruce Murray and Rich Gannon, and they were talking about the whistle play. The guest (I don't remember his name, but it was a rules guy) said the play should have been cancelled because the whistle blew before Burrow threw the ball. While it sucks this guy went on the air and proved to everybody he hadn't even seen the play obviously, neither host called him on it. So anyone that did not watch that game now thinks the whistle was before the pass. It's maddening. 
Reply/Quote
The Bengals future is so bright if Bengals attack their needs as seriously as they did last season and lock down their own FA. Multiple SB's could be heading our direction if all goes well. The core is already intact.

But when talking about top 3 or 4 going into season by talking heads you already know that Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers will be included for sure by the kiss ups, so that really only leaves 1 or 2 spots left. Would think those one or two teams have to be selected from
Bengals, KC, Rams, Dallas, 49ers, Colts, Titans, Chargers, Az, Buffalo which have already arrived with several other up and coming teams ready to emerge. Not to mention there are some very good veteran QB's that could immediately change a team like steelers or Browns.

Love this Bengals squad and am stoked about the future but really don't care if we are in the top 3 or 4 teams in preseason predictions.

We will be a great team imo opinion but there is still work to be done to keep up with the Jones. The Ravens lost half their team and would have still given us a run if not for failing on two 2 point conversions at games end.

Will add though that a strong showing against Titans would bolster the Bengals preseason rankings.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 10:16 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Home field advantage is a big deal during the playoffs.

Yeah so put Tennessee ahead of KC. Have head to head win and home field advantage over KC.
Reply/Quote