Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those announcers yesterday
(09-15-2015, 04:34 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Now we get to go from Chris Simms to Dan Fouts.

Oh no! I had it on Game mix and was listening to him before the Bengals game I had to turn it off... Then after about a quarter of Chris Simms, I said to myself, Dan Fouts would be an improvement.   :sigh:
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:15 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Oh no! I had it on Game mix and was listening to him before the Bengals game I had to turn it off... Then after about a quarter of Chris Simms, I said to myself, Dan Fouts would be an improvement.   :sigh:

The thing I don't understand is that Fouts doesn't call every Chargers game, but he always seems to call them when we play them. He still holds some bitterness about the Freezer Bowl. He's not that bad when calling two teams that he doesn't care about, but he's a different guy when the Chargers and/or Bengals are involved.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:50 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The thing I don't understand is that Fouts doesn't call every Chargers game, but he always seems to call them when we play them. He still holds some bitterness about the Freezer Bowl. He's not that bad when calling two teams that he doesn't care about, but he's a different guy when the Chargers and/or Bengals are involved.

So true .. Maybe that's what I'm basing my opinion on , the Bengals games he calls. 
Reply/Quote
By the end of the game I thought the Raiders had 11 Pro Bowlers on defense. according to simms, they were all special.

And Dilfer? I didn't know that was him doing the game Mon Night, and I texted someone and asked, "Who is this ****nut making Berman sound good?" He is awful. He's like Elaine Benes with exclamation points. Not everything is that exciting.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Announcers thrive on "excited broadcasts."

That is what makes highlight reels. When a player breaks away and the announcer starts screaming "And there he goes! He breaks through the secondary! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!"

When a game is 24-0 by halftime, there isn't much reason to be excited.

And when an announcer can't be excited, no one is going to play his highlights.

They were probably bored and a bit bitter that the game was over so fast.
Reply/Quote
They were bad. Muted them and turned on 1530. Good thing it wasn't an exciting game or they would have lacked the energy to make it memorable. I miss Gus!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 11:31 AM)jj22 Wrote: They were bad. Muted them and turned on 1530. Good thing it wasn't an exciting game or they would have lacked the energy to make it memorable. I miss Gus!

Agreed about Gus. It could be a blowout game, but he would call it like it was tied with 5 seconds left in the game and the ball was on the goal line.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
One does wonder why they don't use the announcers for the home team in all situations. Oh wait, that would make too much sense and would help avoid some of the clown moments they keep having.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:28 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Yeah that duo is 8th in the CBS rotation. Meaning they get the worst game of the week on CBS. No surprises here.

But WHY give Simms the job? Because daddy can?

I think it's because of his Bleacher Report videos, which are actually really good. If you watch his videos, they're 100 times more watchable and listenable than him broadcasting games.

Plus he's new, so I expected some growing pains.

But seriously, him talking about games is much better than talking during games.
Reply/Quote