Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’ve lost all hope in this team
(11-22-2018, 11:14 PM)Trademark Wrote: I do love my team so kindly be quiet

Yeah, it shows.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 09:08 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Let's be honest.

Most people had this team pegged at around 8-8 prior to the season.  I know after the 3-0 start everyone had high hopes but this team just isn't as good as we thought.  The D line has been a major disappointment, our linebackers are garbage, our o line is arguably the worst in the NFL, and Dalton is an average QB that can't lift his team when injuries occur.

Not to mention the fact that we have a very mediocre head coach.  This team in all honest is exactly what most of us thought they would be prior to the season.

you forgot 1 thing. We have the WORST goofball owner in the league!

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 11:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: I think injuries have been the single biggest cause of the downward spiral. The easy blame is coaching, but if you don't have the players available running 2nd and 3rd and sometimes PS players only out there you're pretty much screwed regardless of who is coaching.  I'm not defending the coaching staff because they've shown incompetence more times than not , but damned...you just ainta gonna win with the practice squad playing other teams starters.
To me this season is a complete wash. I just don't see a point to even thinking about the playoffs at this point. Just try to get the lower tier players as much playing time as possible and ready for the 2019 season. With a well established backup crew, a healthy starting crew and a very good draft (and a new coaching staff) 2019 may well pan out the way we all hoped 18 would.. It's a closed book for this season as far as I'm concerned .
Just for shitsnshitsngiggles who's prepared for us to finally beat Pittsburgh for the sole purpose of saving Marvin's job again ? (it's a rhetorical question..I already know the answer) 

If anyone is waiting on a fully healthy season just forget about it. It doesnt happen and wont happen for us. When injuries happen thats when ownership and coaching comes in play the most. When you got nothing but talent out there thats when we look good and get our hopes high. The talent overcomes the coaching. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2018, 09:08 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Let's be honest.

Most people had this team pegged at around 8-8 prior to the season.  I know after the 3-0 start everyone had high hopes but this team just isn't as good as we thought.  The D line has been a major disappointment, our linebackers are garbage, our o line is arguably the worst in the NFL, and Dalton is an average QB that can't lift his team when injuries occur.

Not to mention the fact that we have a very mediocre head coach.  This team in all honest is exactly what most of us thought they would be prior to the season.

Actually, I think that the TEAM itself (i.e. the players) are not that good. The coaching staff is another discussion for another thread.

Sure we've got a few very good players ... On defense: Geno, Bates, WJIII. On offense: AJ, Price, Mixon, Gio, and (maybe) Dalton.

Other than that, what do we have? On defense, we have a DL that can't stop the run and can't (really) rush the passer. We have LBs who can't run, can't cover and can't tackle. We have DBs who can't cover and can't tackle. On offense, we have an OL that can't block for either the run or the pass and we have WRs who can't get open.

We will be very lucky to SPLIT our last 6 games ... 2-4 is more likely. 

The folks who say that we are only a player or two away from the playoffs are delusional. In reality we are about 10 players away (4 OL, 3 LBs and 3 DBs).
Reply/Quote
We do not need 3 DB’s. The front 7 are the problem.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:19 PM)Trademark Wrote: Really wouldn’t surprise me if this team loses again Sunday. I fully expect Chubb to run for like 300 yards and Mayfield to tear this defense apart. Also doubt the crappy o-line stops Myles Garrett....

good for you I guess?

you people are all to emotional over something outside your control lol
Reply/Quote
There are really 3 aspects to a successful team - talent, schemes and motivation. It is the latter two that coaches can influence. The Austin disaster showed what happens when you have bad schemes and for this team overall it has been clear to me that since the last bad playoff loss this team lacks motivation. ML can clap and yell all he wants, players have tuned out. You see 100% effort in fits and starts and never for 60 minutes, this shows a lack of motivation. Can't blame the players really, I would not listen to the crap ML spouts at this point either. Lack of tackling is a prime example of lack of motivation.

The argument of whether or not ML is a 'good coach' actually is moot at this point. His message is no longer heard, his voice is tuned out. That is clear from how this team plays. That is the reason a change is needed. Philly did the same thing with Andy Reid and it worked out for both Philly and KC.

It is just time.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote