Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Miss Marvin Jones.
That is all.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's doing alright in Detroit. Today he played very well, but he's had a lot of games where he's been a non factor. I would like him over our anyone not named Green.
Reply/Quote
Meh, Josh Malone is bigger and faster than Marvin. He was also a better prospect coming out of College. All things equal JM should be able to do anything MJ can do
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 06:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, Josh Malone is bigger and faster than Marvin. He was also a better prospect coming out of College. All things equal JM should be able to do anything MJ can do

Ummm....I know you're going by 40 times in shorts but Malone is not as quick as Jones. Marvin is explosive off the line he eats cushion fast. Malone takes time to build up to his speed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 06:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, Josh Malone is bigger and faster than Marvin. He was also a better prospect coming out of College. All things equal JM should be able to do anything MJ can do

To compare Malone and act as if he's better than a proven veteran who has had some excellent seasons in the NFL is flat out dumb.
Reply/Quote
Yep

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 07:49 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: To compare Malone and act as if he's better than a proven veteran who has had some excellent seasons in the NFL is flat out dumb.

I have zero idea where you got I think Malone is better than MJ. I simply said he should be able to do the same based of physical traits 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Huge loss for us.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Funny thing about Jones. Since signing his WR1 contract with the Lions, he really hasn't topped many stat sheets. He has the occasional huge game, but on average, most Lions fans are missing Megatron.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Funny thing about Jones.  Since signing his WR1 contract with the Lions, he really hasn't topped many stat sheets.  He has the occasional huge game, but on average, most Lions fans are missing Megatron.

This. Solid game aside, Jones has been a disappointment considering his contract. He's still playing like a #2 while being paid like a #1.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Funny thing about Jones. Since signing his WR1 contract with the Lions, he really hasn't topped many stat sheets. He has the occasional huge game, but on average, most Lions fans are missing Megatron.

Those were big shoes to fill.

We’ll probably have to deal with that soon enough. We’ve been spoiled having Chad and AJ.

Reply/Quote
Marvin Jones is one of my favorite 3-4 Bengals of the last decade. I was heartbroken when he left. I actually watch the Lions semi-regularly just to see him play. Needless to say, I’d be thrilled if he were still here.
Reply/Quote
We started having losing seasons right after Jones and Sanu left just saying....Boyd was decent replacement for Sanu but we still have not replaced Jones...and we had Zietler and Whit one of those years so don't say O line
Reply/Quote
MJ is a good sleeper. However, price is starting to exceed his value.

Reply/Quote

True. But he won't get the opportunity to put up MJL type numbers as long as LaFell is here. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Marvin Jones is a tough one for me because he turned into pretty good after his rookie season or above average,he layed out for catches and had good speed . But I felt he left something to be desired,I thought when we had him that we could upgrade. Of course we didnt,I feel we down graded with the signing of lafell.if we had gotten someone with speed then I don't think we would miss jones.
Reply/Quote
Unlike many of our recent FA and contract flubs, I won't blame this one on our FO. The guy wanted WR1 money and a WR1 spot and most teams aren't going to be able to give that stuff to a clear WR2 on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 11:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Unlike many of our recent FA and contract flubs, I won't blame this one on our FO.  The guy wanted WR1 money and a WR1 spot and most teams aren't going to be able to give that stuff to a clear WR2 on the depth chart.

Sad thing is, he didn't even get the #1 role for the Lions. That would go to Golden Tate, who has led the team in catches, targets and yards both last year and this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
One player i played particular attention to during that MIN v DET game was Pat Elflein. He looked good in all facets, run blocking and pass blocking..Its a shame we passed up on him twice.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 08:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Funny thing about Jones.  Since signing his WR1 contract with the Lions, he really hasn't topped many stat sheets.  He has the occasional huge game, but on average, most Lions fans are missing Megatron.

(11-23-2017, 08:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This. Solid game aside, Jones has been a disappointment considering his contract. He's still playing like a #2 while being paid like a #1.

Yeah, but if I had to decide between an $8m/yr Mehvin Jones (see what I did there?) and a $10.5m/yr Dre Kirkpatrick, I sure know which one I would have picked.

Even more so because anyone not named AJ Green at WR is basically a non-factor and Kirkpatrick is (predictably) right back to being awful after getting paid.

Maybe they wouldn't have had to waste the #9 overall on Ross if they had a solid #2 like Marvin Jones. Plus they probably wouldn't have been wasting $5m on Brandon LaFell (who finally broke into double digit AVG last week with a now even 10.0).

...Ugh, that's depressing. Brandon LaFell is making only $3m less this year than Marvin Jones averages on his contract.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote