Poll: Will There Be A New Head Coach In 2018?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Really Feel This Is The First Time Lewis Won't Return In 2018
(11-06-2017, 11:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Marvin is gone. I don't think he'd come back even if offered a contract.

The question is will they make the lazy hire in Guenther? Or will they look outside for what is needed?

The question really is will they totally clean house of put it all on Marv?

Their needs to be at least 2, probably three guys rolling with Marv (PA & Lazor).

But we all know PA won't go anywhere, Lazor will be back, and will be tricked into thinking all has been done.

I honestly think they give Marv an extension at the end of the year because he will muster out a win or two before season ends. 

They have to keep the continuity going, guys. This is the process.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My feeling has been the same as most years: Marvin will fall into a few games, finish close to 8-8 (or have injuries or someone else to blame) and be back next season, giggling and thinking everyone else doesn't 'get it.'

But I dunno. Mike really likes players who want to make Cincinnati their home. If more players are venting about the coaching, it might lead to a change. And if players are getting ejected from games over their frustrations, then it might be enough for Mike to consider doing something different.
Reply/Quote
I think the real question people need to be asking is who Mike Brown makes this season's scapegoat: Marvin Lewis or Paul Alexander.

It's one or the other. No way both of them are gone after this year.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:46 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: But why do you keep supporting the NFL if you know it's rigged?

I mean who's the joke on at that point?

What leads you to even contemplate the notion that I in any way support the league?  I hate to break the news to you, but I am not Mike Brown' (or any other NFLbot's) sugar daddy. I don't buy anything from the league or team and don't even watch the commercials during time outs.. in fact I've never attended a single game in my 58 years. Heck, I haven't even had my car washed at Mikes Car wash. I have however eaten a few quarter pounders in my life..I guess that makes me a big supporter.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:53 AM)grampahol Wrote: What leads you to even contemplate the notion that I in any way support the league?  I hate to break the news to you, but I am not Mike Brown' (or any other NFLbot's) sugar daddy. I don't buy anything from the league or team and don't even watch the commercials during time outs.. in fact I've never attended a single game in my 58 years. 

Cash isn't the only way to support a team it's just the most obvious.

Watching their games and representing yourself as a Bengals fan on a forum is also supporting the team. Hell, it supports the NFL. I don't see how you aren't just another "NFLbot" the only difference is you sit on your high horse and judge others while you still watch something you believe is rigged. In fact the whole thing is just totally illogical.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 12:00 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Cash isn't the only way to support a team it's just the most obvious.

Watching their games and representing yourself as a Bengals fan on a forum is also supporting the team. Hell, it supports the NFL. I don't see how you aren't just another "NFLbot" the only difference is you sit on your high horse and judge others while you still watch something you believe is rigged. In fact the whole thing is just totally illogical.

This. Watching the game is paying into the system.

Being on here is paying into the system.

Reading any articles, is paying into the system.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:51 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I think the real question people need to be asking is who Mike Brown makes this season's scapegoat: Marvin Lewis or Paul Alexander.

It's one or the other.  No way both of them are gone after this year.

This is the problem I forsee happening as well. Add Lazor and his putrid offense to that as well. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I actually agree. These players seem to be very unhappy with the coaches. I just worry we missed the train on the great coaches.. we had Mike Zimmer right in here man!!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:45 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I don't really think Marvin even wants to come back at this point.

I believe this is true.
Reply/Quote
New coach, Bearcats Football Coach Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:45 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I don't really think Marvin even wants to come back at this point.

yep.  After 2015 he must have thought he was close and so there was reason to keep going.

But now I'm not even sure he's up for a 3.0 reboot
Reply/Quote
My fear is Marvin is gone and Hue gets fired from Cleveland and ends up the Bengals head coach. I think Hue has a lot to offer as a coordinator but not so much as a head coach.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Who knows what the 83 or whatever year old man is thinking anymore. He may think this season didnt go well because of Eifert's IR status and a few missed blocks here and there. Nothing a 4th round guard cant solve, you know.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:51 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I think the real question people need to be asking is who Mike Brown makes this season's scapegoat: Marvin Lewis or Paul Alexander.

It's one or the other.  No way both of them are gone after this year.

Remember Mike Browns famous quote after the 2010 season? "We were going some good things..."

Here's a video after the 2010 season. How clueless Brown was after the 2010 debacle reflection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNiIIZucXwE
Reply/Quote
Sill will believe it when I see it.

Pulling the "I'm from Missouri and you've got to show me" card out.

PA is a must as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping that with such a hyped season and a poor showing that this is finally Marvin's final year. It will be weird to see anybody else on that sideline but the time has come. This team needs change badly. And in many more areas than just the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:53 AM)grampahol Wrote: What leads you to even contemplate the notion that I in any way support the league?  I hate to break the news to you, but I am not Mike Brown' (or any other NFLbot's) sugar daddy. I don't buy anything from the league or team and don't even watch the commercials during time outs.. in fact I've never attended a single game in my 58 years. Heck, I haven't even had my car washed at Mikes Car wash. I have however eaten a few quarter pounders in my life..I guess that makes me a big supporter.  

If your on this site responding to anything about the Bengals you support the league.  You post because you care, if you didn't you wouldn't bother.

With that said, I should put you into contact with my brother.  You guys would get along great cause every time something doesn't go the way he likes it has to be some conspiracy theory.  The government, UFO's, NFL, etc.  It's all fixed and we're just pawns in the game.

Are you Neil Armstrong?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 10:58 AM)GodFather Wrote: We all know too well that Mike Brown's lazy handling of making big changes is few and far between, thats why I had no doubt Lewis would be in Cincy as long as he wants to be. Even though they didn't renew his contract this season I thought they would still resign him at some point.

But this year is different, you can feel the frustration from the players and the continued bad coaching from Lewis down. I feel this is the year LEWIS realizes its time to move on.

What is everyone else feeling at this point? Not what you want but what you think will happen this offseason?

What I feel is that the players are going to drive any changes.

AJ, a soft spoken guy, is so frustrated that he's called out the OC (who was then fired), the OL (which is one of the worst OL units the team has ever had) and when you look at his apology where he said, "I apologize to my teammates, Mr. Brown, and everybody, because that is not who I am. It just got the best of me today." you will notice that he doesn't mention Marvin Lewis or any of the offensive coaches.

What is Andy saying behind the scenes? We don't know, but you can see the frustration on his face.

How frustrated are the defensive stars, like Burfict and Atkins and Dunlap? Burfict will just take it out on the opposing team, but Atkins and Dunlap are coming up to the end of their contracts and what's going to happen if they just don't want to re-sign with this team or ask so much to stay that Mikey Brown doesn't even bother to offer a contract.

Reply/Quote
I don't want Marvin to walk. I want him fired. TODAY! Get his ass out of here. We've had more than enough of his BS!

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 03:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't want Marvin to walk. I want him fired. TODAY! Get his ass out of here. We've had more than enough of his BS!

Theres no way Mike will fire him. They have had such a long relationship that he would find that disrespectful. Best scenario is Marvin leaves 5 minutes after week 16 game.
Reply/Quote