Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think Today is the Day
(01-09-2019, 08:41 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Lots of dominoes have fallen and it appears Michael and Katie have met with everyone with whom they wanted to meet.

Just spitballing but I think we find out today.

And geez, there is a lot riding on this. We know, for better or for worse, we’ll have this guy for a while. Lots of folks, including me, are going to give this team up if the hire is Hue. Many others will jump ship if the hire is another in-house name like Lazor or Simmons. Joseph isn’t going to inspire hope in anyone.

On the outside, we seemingly have Bieniemy, Monken and Taylor at the top of the list (yes, I know Vance is outside, but it just doesn’t feel that way with him). I’d be thrilled with any of them. Might actually be excited and hopeful.

Could be the biggest day for us in a long time.

Thinking we wait til the Rams are out before we announce Taylor as the new HC.

So it could be after the Superbowl for all we know. Joseph as the DC.
Reply/Quote
I think Hue will be offensive coordinator, Vance will be Defensive Coordinator, and Simmons would be Special Teams coordinator.
As for head coach iDK who it would be but I am positive they are being put in a bad situation if they can't pick their own staff. To me there setting up the new coach in failure to allow Hue or Vance to take over in two years to say hey this is our guy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 08:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We can’t announce today if it’s someone still coaching in the playoffs though, right?

I found this which I am assuming is right. It lays out the rules for interviews with coaches of teams in the playoffs.

But yeah basically they can't announce until that team's run is over.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/10/14038902/nfl-teams-hiring-new-head-coach-must-follow-rules
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:53 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: When Hue gets announced as HC, what time do we meet at PBS to riot? I’m just trying to plan ahead.

The plan is to never lay eyes on that stadium if Hue is the choice.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It depends. If the guy we want still has a team in the playoffs then we won't hear anything until his current team is done.

This weekend could be very telling.

If either the Rams or Chiefs lose then if we make an announcement then that was the guy we wanted. If we don't then it can be safely assumed that the team that won would have our HC on it.

If both teams lose then we should have an announcement pretty quick.

I am still hoping that our pick is Taylor. I was really liking Monken, but all signs are pointing to him not being the choice.

I don't want Beinemy, keep him, Hue and Vance away. I would even be cautious in bringing them in as a coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 06:11 PM)jason Wrote: The plan is to never lay eyes on that stadium if Hue is the choice.

And if they do attend, I hope everyone stands and turns their backs to the field the entire game.... Sick
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 08:41 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Lots of dominoes have fallen and it appears Michael and Katie have met with everyone with whom they wanted to meet.

Just spitballing but I think we find out today.

And geez, there is a lot riding on this. We know, for better or for worse, we’ll have this guy for a while. Lots of folks, including me, are going to give this team up if the hire is Hue. Many others will jump ship if the hire is another in-house name like Lazor or Simmons. Joseph isn’t going to inspire hope in anyone.

On the outside, we seemingly have Bieniemy, Monken and Taylor at the top of the list (yes, I know Vance is outside, but it just doesn’t feel that way with him). I’d be thrilled with any of them. Might actually be excited and hopeful.

Could be the biggest day for us in a long time.
I just say that Todd Monken is going to be our HC.It was posted on wikepedia web site.I could be wrong ,but that is what they are posting.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 07:18 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I just say that Todd Monken is going to be our HC.It was posted on wikepedia web site.I could be wrong ,but that is what they are posting.

Someone did that awhile ago. Like when we were first rumored to be interviewing him. That means nothing when someone changes it on wiki. It is already changed back. He is now going around for OC interviews.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 12:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: One big question is where does Marvin go? Will he coach another team? I think the Bengals have chosen a coach that is still in the playoffs so the announcement will be when that team loses or wins the Super Bowl.

Does it really matter where Marvin goes?  He's not going to coach the Bengals any longer, and now they have leaked that it's not going to be anyone from in-house.  Time to get happy!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 07:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Does it really matter where Marvin goes?  He's not going to coach the Bengals any longer, and now they have leaked that it's not going to be anyone from in-house.  Time to get happy!

They just leaked that?? Maybe I can stop waiting to get kicked in the sack then!! Although, Joseph doesn't excite me either.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 07:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: They just leaked that?? Maybe I can stop waiting to get kicked in the sack then!! Although, Joseph doesn't excite me either.

Yes, someone posted something from one of the channels in Cincinnati, in the "Search might be over" thread.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 08:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, someone posted something from one of the channels in Cincinnati, in the "Search might be over" thread.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:56 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah let me know in advance, I’ll need to buy a plane ticket.

I left North Carolina yesterday and will camp out in Fountain Square until the announcement is made. Drop by if you have the time. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 08:17 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Brewski time.

Eric B, Taylor or Monken it is as HC. Joseph as DC most likely.

My new prediction = Eric B as HC, Taylor or Monken as OC then Vance DC...

Good times.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brewski time.

Good times.

Dunno if I'd crack that one open yet. I hope they're right, but the "source" could be as credible as the sources that said Marvin LEwis was getting sacked the first, second and third times. Fourth time was a charm, though lol
Reply/Quote
His name begins with an S and rhymes with Tame Cauldron.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brewski time.

Good times.

That is my pick/hope/wish as well.

Bieniemy for HC - Brings the fire, a bit of Reid and Offense.

Taylor or Monken for OC = More Offense

Joseph for DC - Got a vibe 

[Image: DuxoodGU0AAONg6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 12:09 AM)Benton Wrote: Dunno if I'd crack that one open yet. I hope they're right, but the "source" could be as credible as the sources that said Marvin LEwis was getting sacked the first, second and third times. Fourth time was a charm, though lol

They were talking about "leaks" from different teams on Sirius the other day, and the Bengals came up as the one team that never has leaks, and that it drives the press mad. They said no one not named Brown or Tobin is in position to know anything, so therefore they don't have GM's and their people leaking...
Reply/Quote
They may have to wait until after the Superbowl, depending on how well Kansas City does.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:12 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They may have to wait until after the Superbowl, depending on how well Kansas City does.

KC is 3-2 since they canned Hunt. I kind of expect Indy to knock them off this weekend.
Reply/Quote