Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Thought Perine Cost Us The Game......
I realize it wasn't the best throw, but when Burrow's pass went through Perine's hands and was intercepted, my first thoughts were "game over.......... Perine just cost us out glory."

I was instantly thinking "we're jinxed........ I can't believe this is happening again.........."

Was anyone else thinking that?

This team's different though and didn't fold or give up!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
It was certainly ominous. A horrible but short lived feeling. It is almost like God is on our side.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I realize it wasn't the best throw, but when Burrow's pass went through Perine's hands and was intercepted, my first thoughts were "game over.......... Perine just cost us out glory."

I was instantly thinking "we're jinxed........ I can't believe this is happening again.........."

WHO-DEY!

I didn't think the game was over.  I did wonder why we're throwing to a RB that couldn't make 75% of the teams in the league, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I realize it wasn't the best throw, but when Burrow's pass went through Perine's hands and was intercepted, my first thoughts were "game over.......... Perine just cost us out glory."

WHO-DEY!

I wouldn’t think we were jinxed. Half the teams will lose this weekend. At that time Tannehill had thrown two picks so it would be hard to say we were jinxed
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: I didn't think the game was over.  I did wonder why we're throwing to a RB that couldn't make 75% of the teams in the league, though.

Free Chris Evans.

Reply/Quote
The only thing I thought was what a f*kin play by whatsisface to pull it in..  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I thought it was over. NGL.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Of course not. It's never over until there's zeros on the clock. More difficult, sure. In doubt? Yes. There was still lots of football to be played.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:31 PM)Housh Wrote: I thought it was over. NGL.

How could you think it was over?  The Bengals NEVER TRAILED at ANY point in the game!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:26 PM)M.W. Wrote: It was certainly ominous.  A horrible but short lived feeling. It is almost like God is on our side.
Definitely felt like God and destiny were and are both on our side!

I've never felt so excited, confident, and anxious about a football game in my entire life than I already feel about the AFC Championship!
(01-23-2022, 06:34 PM)wcu Wrote: Of course not. It's never over until there's zeros on the clock. More difficult, sure. In doubt? Yes. There was still lots of football to be played.

Living in Greater Cincinnati all my life and being through the pain of games like '16, I was sure that we were done. I thought it was the start of the meltdown.

I'm definitely Bengaldized.

I think I'm almost cured though because I feel like Burrow will always do what it takes to win us games!
Reply/Quote
There is no reason we should be having Perine run routes over Evans at this point in the year.
Reply/Quote

Same here.

I started playing it in my brain and had it all mapped out within seconds like "they're going to go down, score here, and then our offense will be too snakebitten and cautious to do anything, so we'll punt and they'll come down and score........"

I'm glad that this team has so much heart that they proved me wrong and broke the curse of the city!
Reply/Quote

WHO-DEY!

1. While Perine should have had that, that wasn't an INT. Damn Horseshit call.
2. No, because I'm not doom and gloom like the guy quoted below.

Of course you would.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
At no point did I think the Bengals were cursed, jinxed, or whatever other word you want to use because that's loser speak and mentality.

If we lost it was because we gave up 9 sacks to a good team not because of some belief were cursed "because...?"
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Free Chris Evans.

Amen…Evan’s could be a massive weapon in the passsing game. I haven’t understood it all year why they aren’t using him more 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. While Perine should have had that, that wasn't an INT. Damn Horseshit call.

Of course you would.

1 It definitely wasn't but there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it.

2 With how snakebitten this team has been, when something like that happens, I can't blame him for thinking it was over because of our luck.

I have gone into every playoff game since the '05 season confident and going crazy but, when something that big happens that late, it's hard to stop those thoughts from creeping into our heads.

This team didn't fall apart though and they answered the call!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. While Perine should have had that, that wasn't an INT. Damn Horseshit call.

Of course you would.

I agree. The point of the ball was buried below the grass line and it even kicked up some dirt as the defender brought it back towards his body

I don't see how you can say that the reception was not assisted by the ground stabilizing the football. Did it look like he had control, yes, but it was clear the point of the ball was resting on the ground. It was more picking a ball up > catching a ball flying through the air.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1 It definitely wasn't but there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it.

2 With how snakebitten this team has been, when something like that happens, I can't blame him for thinking it was over because of our luck.

I have gone into every playoff game since the '05 season confident and going crazy but, when something that big happens that late, it's hard to stop those thoughts from creeping into our heads.

This team didn't fall apart though and they answered the call!

WHO-DEY!

Don't forget, Brad, this isn't the same Bengals team we all know from the Marv-era; different, for sure.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

WHO-DEY!

I'll tell you what I was thinking during the game: that you and your wheelchair needed to be in at Right Guard.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:34 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Amen…Evan’s could be a massive weapon in the passsing game. I haven’t understood it all year why they aren’t using him more 

I know he had a couple of catches early in the year and always seemed to have a knack to get to the sticks. Then against Detroit he ran a great route against a LB and made a great catch for a TD. Then sometime after that game got a little dinged up but since he came back we just don't get him any targets.
Reply/Quote